University of Adelaide: Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements

Study Abroad Team 19/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

The prestigious University of Adelaide is located in South Australia and has been an acclaimed education and research institution. The university was established in 1874 and has had a rich heritage of scholarly achievements. The university offers a dynamic intellectual environment that fosters a holistic student setting. The University of Adelaide deeply emphasizes global engagement and thrives to equip its students with relevant skills to prosper in an interconnected world.

The University of Adelaide also enjoys a solid world ranking, with QS ranking the university at the 109th spot and THE World University Rankings ranking the school at 88th globally. Studying and graduating from the University of Adelaide is a sure-shot way for a great professional career.

The University of Adelaide Highlights

  • The University consistently secured a place in the top 1% of the world’s universities.

  • The University of Adelaide has 6 specialist research institutions for advancing the scope of research undertakings. Furthermore, the university also has about 40 research centers and approximately 1635 academic research experts who guide more than 2000 research students.

  • To support the spirit of entrepreneurship, the University of Adelaide has helped more than 700 startups since 2001. The school is a top choice for students inclined towards entrepreneurship and social endeavors.

  • All of the research fields in the university achieved scores reflecting an “at or above world standard".

The University of Adelaide Admission

Undergraduate Admission Requirements for the University of Adelaide

To get accepted into the University of Adelaide, the applicants must produce the university's required documents. The entry requirements for undergraduate courses to study in Australia are:

  • Students are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of 110 AUD or 5,848 INR.

  • The application process will take place on the university website.

  • Students must present their academic transcripts for consideration in an undergraduate program at the University of Adelaide. These transcripts should be both official and in English.

  • The minimum score required to be considered for admission is 85% in Class XII on a best-of-3 subjects basis (CBSE, ICSE, and State Board).

  • Letters of Recommendation are also required. These letters should come from teachers who can vouch for students' academic potential.

  • Furthermore, the student might need to provide a resume depicting their notable achievements throughout their schooling.

  • Official documents such as a valid passport are also necessary.

Graduate Admission Requirements for the University of Adelaide

The application process and entry requirements to be considered for admission at the University of Adelaide for graduate courses are as follows:

  • Students are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of 110 AUD or 5,848 INR.

  • The application process will take place on the university website.

  • The deadline to apply for graduate programs is December 1.

  • Students must have a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field. Furthermore, they should have achieved a minimum score of 60% to 75% in bachelors.

  • Students from countries where English is not the official language have to take English proficiency tests such as IELTS or TOEFL.

  • Applicants need to provide Letters of Recommendation from their professors, guides, mentors, or employers.

University of Adelaide Programs

The University of Adelaide offers a wide array of highly esteemed programs across several disciplines for students aspiring to study in Australia. Some of its most popular courses are:

  • Master of Science [M.S] Business Analytics

  • Master of Computer Science [M.C.S]

  • Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery [M.B.B.S]

  • Master of Science [M.S] Clinical Nursing

  • Master of Science [M.S] Biotechnology - Biomedical

  • Master of Engineering [M.Eng] Mechanical Engineering

  • Master of Arts [M.A] Applied Economics

  • Master of Science [M.S] Accounting and Finance

  • Bachelor of Nursing [B.N]

  • Master of Science [M.S] Data Science

University of Adelaide Accommodation

Students at the University of Adelaide get access to a marvelous list of accommodation options for university-managed students, aiming to provide a successful transition to the university environment.

  • Mattanya Student Residences - These student residences offer a comfortable living experience to its residents, with proximity to the North Terrace Campus. Students wishing to be admitted into Mattanya will be given a room out of the 4 or 5 bedrooms. They will also have living spaces and bathrooms shared by other university students. Utilities include furnishing, unlimited wireless internet, water, electricity, and gas. The approximate accommodation fee is 13,000 AUD or 691,001 INR.

  • The University of Adelaide Village- The Village's living experience is enhanced by fully-furnished 4-bedroom apartments or 5-bedroom townhouses with huge common living spaces and functional bedrooms. This accommodation option costs around 15,000 AUD or 797,309 INR. Services such as gas, electricity, and internet are included in the fee.

  • Roseworthy Residential College- This option can only be availed by rural campus students at the university. The approximate fee is 9,000 AUD or 478,385 INR. Services such as air-conditioning, internet connectivity, and electricity are provided sufficiently.

University of Adelaide Course Fee

Students enrolling in undergraduate and graduate programs should expect to pay a fee ranging from 38,000 AUD (20,19,851 INR) to 60,000 AUD (31,89,239 INR).

The fee structure changes depending on the course level, the discipline it belongs to, and the time taken to complete the degree.

University of Adelaide Living Expenses

Students must know the living expenses required to lead a comfortable life in Adelaide. Here is a rough estimate of living expenses that students can expect to spend:

  • Rent - 135-385 AUD or 7,178-20,472 INR

  • Food - 90-135 AUD or 4,785-7,178 INR

  • Transport -20-35 AUD or 1,063-1,861 INR

  • Utilities- 40-55 AUD or 2,127-2,924 INR

  • Other - 50+ AUD or 2,658+ INR

University of Adelaide Scholarships

The University of Adelaide is committed to assisting its students with financial aid. These aids are meant to relieve the financial load of students who fulfill the eligibility criteria. Some scholarships that prospective students can avail are:

  • The Global Citizens Scholarship is meant for international students from any country (barring Australia and New Zealand). The financial aid is based on the academic merit of the applicant. Successful applicants are rewarded with a 15-30% reduction in the tuition fee for the minimum standard duration of the scholar’s stay (for both undergraduate and graduate courses).

  • Global Academic Excellence Scholarship- This scholarship is one of Adelaide's most competitive and sought-after financial aid. The scholarship is given to scholars who displayed academic excellence in their previous studies. The applicant with the highest score above an ATAR of 98 or a GPA of 6.8 is rewarded with a reduction of 50% in the tuition fee.

  • Ashok Khurana Scholarship for Outstanding Indian Students- This scholarship is specific to financially supporting outstanding Indian students offering a stipend of 30,000 AUD or approximately 15, 95,297 INR. Furthermore, this aid can be availed by students enrolling for post-graduate courses at the university.

University of Adelaide Placements

Other than imparting top-notch education and training to its students, the other aim of the University of Adelaide is to connect its students with industry and employers. The university has an extensive network of industrial titans. The university has an 83% employment rate, reflecting its effectiveness in aiding its graduates to professional success.

Graduates from the university find jobs in the following fields:

  • Accounting and Professional Services

  • Program & Project Management

  • Consulting

  • Westpac Banking Corp

  • IT & Software Development

  • Finance Control and Strategy

  • Sales & Business Development

Study Abroad
Study in Australia
studyinaustralia
universityofadelaide
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants