Aalto University -
Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarships and Placements
Of all the universities in Finland, Aalto University is one of the best. Thousands of aspirants apply annually to pursue UG and PG courses at this coveted university. This esteemed University also supports an extensive array of research-based studies.
According to QS World University Rankings, this institution enjoys a 109th rank and is the 25th Best University in Europe. Established in 2010, combining three Universities, this one is a public University with a special emphasis on research-based programmes.
The three Universities the Finnish government chose to combine to form this prestigious institution are Helsinki University of Technology, Helsinki School of Economics, and University of Arts and Design Helsinki.
This University got its name from the famous Finnish architect Alvar Aalto. With its multi-faculty education system, this University contributes substantially to the global knowledge economy.
Aalto University Highlights
- Aalto University is one of the leading institutions in Finland for Business studies, economics, engineering, and design.
- This university has been involved in groundbreaking research in the fields of physics and chemistry.
- Aalto University also has Nobel Laureates as professors.
- Computer Science, Arts, Physics, Chemistry, and Engineering are a few domains of study at Aalto University that students worldwide aspire to join.
- The research emphasis of this institution remains on domains like ICT, health, environment, business dynamics, etc.
Aalto University Admissions
Aalto University offers several English courses to international students. Non-EU students can apply for these courses. These include several UG courses along with numerous PG courses.
- The University opens the admission process for UG courses in January for its autumn session.
- Foreign students can find the application form at Studyinfo to apply to Aalto's UG courses.
- Proof of English language proficiency might be required for specific courses but not for all courses.
- All foreign students applying to Aalto’s UG courses should check the University website carefully, as the admission requirements vary from one department to another.
- To get admitted to one of Aalto’s PG courses, foreign students need to apply through the university's official portal.
- The admission process for the autumn session began almost a year ago every year. For autumn 2024, the admission process will be from November end 2023 to January 2024.
- Students can apply to 2 courses at a time and not more than that.
- English language proficiency score is not mandatory for a few courses and not all PG programs.
- For doctoral course admission, every department has a specific set of requirements. Therefore, students should refer to the University’s official website before applying.
- PhD admission often remains associated with a salaried position at the University.
Aalto University is undoubtedly one of the best Universities in Finland. This can be an excellent institution for international students, especially for research work.
- Language Proficiency Test: To secure admission to Aalto University, international students from non-English speaking countries must submit Language Proficiency Test scores. However, this score is not necessary for all domains of studies.
- Academic Requirements: The student should have an excellent academic record for admission to UG courses. To pursue PG courses, international students should have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized University. For doctoral course admission, the students should have a Master’s degree. Since admission to this esteemed institution is competitive, the students will require good academic records.
For more department and course-specific information, international students can visit www.studyinfo.fi.
Aalto University Programs
Aalto University offers many UG and PG English courses for international students.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computational Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Systems & Design
- M.Sc. in Architecture.
- M.Sc. in Building Technology.
- M.A. in Collaborative and Industrial Design.
- M.A. in Contemporary Design.
- M.A. in Creative Sustainability.
- M.A. in Design for Theatre
- M.A.in Film and Television
- M.A.in Costume Design
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
Aalto University Accommodations
Aalto University does not have on-campus stay options for international students. However, the institution provides adequate guidance to look for suitable accommodations. Finding a place to stay in Helsinki will cost the international students more. The monthly rents can be as high as 500 Euros. Therefore, foreign students should look for accommodations away from the main city. All parts of Finland have an equally good public transportation system. Therefore, attending the institution every day would not be an issue, no matter where a student stays.
Both UG and PG students should look for accommodations before arriving in Finland. For doctoral students, rental accommodations in or around the city of Helsinki can be a good option.
Staying in shared apartments further reduces the cost of living in Finland. Guest houses and Airbnb facilities are excellent alternatives for short-term or temporary accommodations.
Aalto University Cost
The cost of pursuing a course at Aalto University includes the cost of the course and living costs. For international students, this cost can vary depending on several aspects. The average cost of pursuing a Master’s degree at Aalto University is around 15,000 Euros.
The tuition fee for a Bachelor’s degree is 12,000 Euros. Unless the student has a scholarship covering this cost entirely or partially, the tuition fee will only form part of the total cost.
Cost of Course
The duration of a bachelor’s degree at Aalto University is 3 years. The yearly tuition fee is around 12,000 Euros. Similarly, the yearly cost of pursuing a PG course is 15,000 Euros. PG courses continue for two years.
Therefore, international students should apply for scholarships to make their education in Finland more affordable.
Cost of Living
- Food: 200 Euro
- Housing: 400 Euro
- Miscellaneous 100 Euro
- Transport Cost: 100 Euro
Aalto University Scholarships
A UG or PG course at Aalto University can be expensive unless the students secure a scholarship. For undergraduate and postgraduate courses at Aalto, several scholarships remain available for all the domains. For students from non-EU countries, these scholarships can be critical for continuing studies.
- Alto University Scholarships: These scholarships remain available for all domains and courses. But, getting these scholarships can be competitive. Sometimes, these scholarships cover the entire tuition fee, and sometimes, the coverage could be 50%. The University grants these Scholarships based on merit.
- Finland Scholarship: This one is available for Master’s degree students and belongs to the national Finland scholarship category. This scholarship is also given based on the merit of the students. Besides covering the entire tuition fee, it also grants 5000 Euros to the chosen students for other expenses.
International students can find more scholarship options on the University’s website, which they should explore before applying to any course.
Aalto University Placements
Aalto University prepares its students for the global market. After graduating from this esteemed University, several job openings remain open to the students.
The University also has a student assistance cell that provides training and counseling to the learners to make them fit for the competitive world market.
The institution also collaborates actively with several businesses and organizations where Aalto students might find adequate scopes to shape their careers.
On the global employability ranking, Aalto University holds the 39th position. Therefore, studying at Aalto can be a rewarding opportunity for international students.
Monika Answered on 20/12/2023
Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.
The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.
Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.
Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!Read More(1)(0)
Top Study Abroad Consultants
Genius Study Abroad
Services: Study Abroad,Foreign education entrance exam coachingAbout:Make your dreams of studying and living abroad a r Read more
Make your dreams of studying and living abroad a reality with Genius Study Abroad. Genius Study Abroad is a leading overseas education consultancy helping students in University admission process, test coaching for IELTS/PTE/TOEFL and visa guidance.
Services: Study Abroad,Immigration consultants,Visa consultantsAbout:Mindways Consulting Pvt. Ltd., We deal in vis Read more
Mindways Consulting Pvt. Ltd., We deal in visa assistance services for international trips. Are you planning to enjoy your honeymoon trip in any island or planning for family outing, we are here to solve your visa or immigration problems. We have good visa advisors for several countries worldwide, viz., United Kingdom, Singapore, China, Switzerland, Italy, Australia and Germany.
Review: Thankful to the Mindways team for their unwavering support. Especially grateful to Manisha mam and Rupali mam for listening to my queries, guiding me towards the right direction and helping me out at every step of the process. I highly recommend services being provided by Mindways to all the students who wish to study abroad.??
AQG India Educonsultancy Private Limited
Services: Study Abroad,Foreign education entrance exam coachingAbout:CIES is a Global Study Choice Platform and a New-A Read more
CIES is a Global Study Choice Platform and a New-Age Education Organisation promoted by Academicians, who know the world of academics and have vibrant corporate/academic experience for about 25 years. We educate for future not just for the present. Why CIES? 1. Global Network Of Institutes:CIES possess the virtue of rich academic relations with premier institutes across the globe and have thorough knowledge about academic processes prevailing all around the world. 2. India’s First Summer School
Review: I m very glad and excited to share that I have successfully passed my IELTS in 1st attempt.
AB Educational Avenues Pvt. Ltd.
Services: Study AbroadAbout:Since 1987, our team has helped more than 15,000 s Read more
Since 1987, our team has helped more than 15,000 students in pursuing programs of their choice internationally. To meet our team & to begin your journey, book your appointment now! Studying Abroad at a University of Your Choice is easier than you think. Our team with more than 100 years of combined experience can help you achieve your dream. If you'd like to discuss your goals with our team of Mentors, please schedule an appointment with us.
Review: iStep Mentors has really helped me throughout the process. Their detailed counselling and guidance on every step has helped me achieving my goal to study in UK.
Services: Study Abroad,Visa consultants,US Visa consultants,Educational ConsultantsAbout:Teachwell Overseas is a renowned educational consu Read more
Teachwell Overseas is a renowned educational consultancy that specializes in providing comprehensive guidance and support to students aspiring to pursue their education abroad. With a wide range of services, Teachwell Overseas caters to students interested in diverse fields such as Agriculture, Australia, New Zealand, Aviation, BDS/MDS, Canada, Engineering, France, Germany, Horticulture, Hotel Management, Ireland, IT/Computer Science, Italy, Journalism, MBA/BBA, Medicine/MBBS, Nursing, Paramedic
Review: I recently had the pleasure of using this incredible services of teachwell.
Academic & Professional Studies Abroad - APSA
Services: Study AbroadAbout:APSA - Academic & Professional Studies Abroad& Read more
APSA - Academic & Professional Studies Abroad brings together, under one roof, a wide range of international professional and vocational qualifications through its high-tech, state of the art teaching centres that are strategically located across the country. It offers exciting and innovative programs blended with industrial experience and practical application that will appeal to the academic community as well as to a range of other sectors in the marketplace. Contact us for more deta
Review: APSA and Shweta ma'am have been so helpful to me for my dream of studying abroad. The way she explained and helped me execute the plan was just so smooth and systematic and being accepted into a good university was a dream come true. She is very helpful and is always motivating and inspiring.
Services: Study Abroad,Foreign education entrance exam coachingAbout:Inspired Overseas is located in Delhi and provides Read more
Inspired Overseas is located in Delhi and provides services for Visa consultants, Overseas Education, and Entrance Exam Coaching. These services are essential for individuals aspiring to study abroad and pursue their educational and career goals. Kindly Visit us for more Info.
EDUGUIDE GLOBAL CONSULTANTSModel Town, Ghaziabad, 134003
Services: Study AbroadAbout:EduGuide Global is an organisation formed to assis Read more
EduGuide Global is an organisation formed to assist students fullfill there abroad aspirations. We help in career counselling, application processing and visa guidance. We also prepare students for IELTS and PTE exams https://www.eduguideoverseas.com/
Education Pathways IndiaJodhpur Park, Kolkata, 700029
Services: Study AbroadAbout:Education Pathways India is an award winning educa Read more
Education Pathways India is an award winning education consultancy for UK and Ireland and in service for more than 20 years. It works all over India and has successfully placed more than 5000 students to top Universities in the UK. It's non biased system of work has earned Education Pathways a lot of praise since inception.
Global Study Link Private Limited
Services: Study AbroadAbout:Global Study Link (GSL) was founded in 2008, and w Read more
Global Study Link (GSL) was founded in 2008, and we began our operations in India that same year. In 2011, we extended our operations to the UK from our base in India. As a leading study abroad consultancy we are dedicated to helping students achieve their academic and career goals through international education. Our expert team has 15 plus years of experience in providing guidance and support to students in choosing the right program of study and institution for their academic pursuits. We o
Kalpvriksh Overseas Education Consultants
Services: Study AbroadAbout:We are overseas education consultants for English Read more
We are overseas education consultants for English Speaking and European countries.. We are immigration.consultants too. We assist in All the functionalities of study abroad.. We assist in ielts, SOP & LOR assistance , optaining of offer letter ,scholarships , education visa, accommodation, insurances, Forex Experience: 9 years Staffs: 6