A Detailed View of Higher Studies in France for International Students

Study Abroad Team 25/10/2023
7 Mins Read

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

It is hard to oversee that France has become a favorite study abroad destination for many students pursuing higher studies abroad. The quality of education, the vast number of universities with exclusives courses, and versatile job opportunities have gained the attention of many students. Let’s get to know more about studying in France in this article. 

 Why Choose France for Studies?

France offers various opportunities to learn and grow for the students. The advantages of studying in France are listed as,

  • The universities in France are top-class and offers exclusive education with globally recognized degrees.
  • The land of France embodies multi-cultural identities, allowing the students to groom, learn, and enjoy as much as possible.
  • Cost factor also plays a significant role. The cost of studying in France is excessively low compared to other countries.

Top Universities and Courses Offered in France for International Students  

Courses in France for International Students

Universities and Institutes in France offer in-demand and popular courses for international students. Some of the most popular courses for international students are listed,

  •  Fashion Designing- Bachelor of Fashion Marketing, Bachelor of Fashion Design & Technology, UG Fashion Designer, MBA Fashion Management, MSc Fashion, Design & Luxury Management, and PG Creative Director.
  • Finance- Bachelors in Accounting, MSc Economics and Finance, Bachelors in Finance, MSc in Accounting, Finance, and Management, and Master in Finance
  • Computer & Data Science- Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Computer Science, International Bachelor of Computer Science, BSc in Computer Science, Master of Science in Computer Science, Master of Science in Digital and Big Data for Value, MSc in Data Management for Finance, MSc in Data Science & Analytics, and MSc in Data Science and AI for Competitive Manufacturing.
  • Engineering- Marine Engineering, IT & Networking, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, and Computer Science Engineering.
  • Linguistics- Master in Linguistics Phonetics and Phonology, MSc Modeling of Neuronal and Cognitive Systems, Master in Linguistics- Computational Linguistics, Master in Linguistics- Theoretical and Experimental Linguistics.
  • Medicine- MBBS, MSc Vaccinology from Basic Immunology to Social Science of Health, MS in Innovative Drugs, MS Cardiac EP- Electromechanical Heart Diseases.
  • Business- Master of Business Administration, Bachelor of International Business, Executive Master of Business Administration, and Bachelor in Business Administration.
  • Film Studies- BFA Filmmaking, Bachelor in Filmmaking, Master LLCR in Film Studies, BFA Film & TV, MFC Cinematography, and Diploma in Filmmaking. 
  • Culinary Studies- Cooking Diploma, International Culinary Leadership and Innovation, Bachelor of Business in International Hospitality Management, Culinary Arts Management, Pastry Diploma, BHM, and Bachelor in Tourism & Hospitality Management. 
  • Philosophy- History and Philosophy of Art- MA, Contemporary Philosophy, and Bachelors in Politics, Philosophy, and Economics. 

A Detailed View of Higher Studies in France for International Students
 

Top Universities in France to Pursue Popular Courses for International Students

There are various top universities in France that offer exclusive courses for international students. Some of the most popular universities are listed,

Courses

Universities/ Institutes

MBA

  • ESSEC Business School
  • HEC Paris
  • EDHEC Business School
  • INSEAD
  • Grenoble Graduate School of Business

Engineering

  • Ecole Polytechnique
  • Ecole Centrale de Paries
  • Ecole Centrale de Lyon
  • Institut National des Sciences Appliquees de Lyon (INSA)
  • Grenoble INP, Grenoble Institute of Technology

Pure Science

  • University of Gernoble Alpes
  • Ecole Polytechnique
  • University of Paris-Sud
  • Universite de Stransbourg

Linguistics

  • ISIT France
  • University of Reims
  • University of Kent- Paris Campus

An Overview of the Application Process and Requirements

Application Process for International students

There are certain steps using which a candidate can apply for higher education in France. Those steps are listed,

Application Procedure

  • Log in to the Etudes en France website and register to create an account.
  • On submission of the account creation form the candidate will receive an email to choose password based on the requirements.
  • Visit Campus France website to access the registered account.
  • Select applicants to apply for French institutes through the portal
  • Fill in the required information including personal information, academic records, language skill, and more.
  • Draft and submit the motivation to pursue the chosen programs.
  • On reviewing the application, the campus France advisor will fix a date of appointment.

Academic Interview

  • Appear for the academic interview either online or in-person with the campus France manager.
  • Carry the required documents along with the campus fee payment receipt.
  • The campus fee is 18,000 INR and should be paid online.

Confirmation and Visa Procedure

  • Periodically check the portal for acceptance or rejections.
  • After receiving the responses choose the desired university to take admission.
  • Print the admission letter and start the visa procedure.

A Detailed View of Higher Studies in France for International Students

Application Requirements

There are various documents that are required to apply for higher studies in France. The essential documents that shouldn’t be missed are listed,

  • Valid passport or any valid ID card
  • Passport photographs for verification
  • Photocopies of graduation or diploma certificates with French translation
  • Pre-registration or prior admission certificate offered by the university
  • Certificate of civil liability
  • European health insurance for EU students
  • Registration and social security fee
  • Resume to be submitted upon university’s request
  • English or French language certificates to prove language efficiency
  • Financial proof to fund the course and stay
  • Cover letter

Student Visa Application Process for International Students

There are certain steps that a candidate has to follow to apply for student visa. The step-by-step procedure to apply for student visa is listed,

  • After receiving the application confirmation the candidate should apply for visa using online portal, https://france-visas.gouv.fr/
  • Create a France-Visas account in the portal to proceed further.
  • An appointment with the VFS- France will be scheduled for document and passport submission.
  • Visit any VFS centres in your location to register the required biometric data.
  • After arrival it is essential to register and validate the visa at https://administration-etrangers-en-france.interieur.gouv.fr/particuliers/ with the first three months.
  • To extent the stay further apply for residence permit at least two months prior to the visa expiry date.

Scholarships Offered for International Students in France  

Universities and institutions in France offer various types of scholarships for international students to pursue higher studies.

French Government Scholarships

  • Raman Charpak Fellowship- This scholarship is issued to Ph.D. research students to pursue research for 2 to 6 months at French institutions.
  • Eiffel Scholarship- The Ministry of Europe offers this scholarship for international students who are aspiring to apply for Masters and Ph.D. programs.
  • Charpak Scholarship Program- The Embassy of France in India offers this scholarship for programs like Research Internship Program, Exchange Program, and Master’s Program.

Co-financed/Joint Scholarships

  • French Embassy- Krishna Kriti Foundation Co-financed Scholarship- This scholarship is offered to visual and fine arts students.
  • French Embassy- Neemrana Music Foundation Co-financed Scholarships- This scholarship is offered to Western classical music students.
  • Institut Mines-Telecom- French Embassy in India Scholarship- This scholarship is offered to engineering students who are pursuing Masters in France.

Institutional Scholarships

  • Emily- Boutmy Scholarship- This scholarship is offered at Sciences Po Paris, a leading research and technology French university.
  • EDHEC Business School- This scholarship is offered to Indian students pursuing Masters in Management at EDHEC.
  • L’oreal Scholarship- This scholarship is offered to international students pursuing MBA at HEC Paris.
  • ISAE- MBDA Scholarship- This scholarship is offered to 8 students who are pursuing MSc in Aerospace Mechanics and Avionics and MSc Aeronautical and Space Systems.
  • Rennes School of Business- The scholarships offered are Rennes School of Business are Scholarship Global, Scholarship Responsible, and Scholarship Pioneer.

Cost of Studying in France for International Students

The cost of studying in France for international students might vary based on various factors like the type of institute, course, duration and more. However, the approximate tuition fee for international students to pursue education in public universities is listed,

  • Undergraduate Programs- 170€ /year for EU students and 2270€ /year for non-EU students.
  • Postgraduate Programs- 240€ /year for EU students and 3700€ /year for non-EU students.
  • Doctorate Programs- 380€ /year for EU students and 380€ /year for non-EU students.

Cost of Living in France for International Students  

The cost of living in France for international students might vary based on various factors. However, the approximate average cost of living in France for international students is listed,

  • House rental- 500-550 EUR
  • Basic utilities- 100-150 EUR
  • Transportation charges- 50-100 EUR
  • Mobile and internet charges- 30-50 EUR
  • Food and Beverages- 150-200 EUR
  • Entertainment and recreation- 100-150 EUR

Post-Study Job Prospects in France

France offers various job opportunities for international students upon completion of their studies. Some of the top job sectors in France are Management, Energy Management, Engineering- Aerospace, Automobile, Metallurgy, and Mechanical, Tourism/Hospitality and Luxury, Teaching, Doctor/Physician, Pilot, Bank manager, IT Professionals. Lawyers, Healthcare professionals, and College professor.

Study Abroad
Destination Country
Study in France
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants