Cork Institute of Technology: Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements Sulekha Study Abroad

Study Abroad Team 26/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Situated in the vibrant city of Cork, Ireland, the Cork Institute of Technology (CIT) is one of Ireland's leading institutes of technology. Established in 1973, the university offers several dynamic programs for undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral levels of study. CIT has a sprawling campus of over 80 acres and is equipped with full-fledged learning amenities and cutting-edge technology equipment.  

The university is committed to promoting a perfect blend of theoretical and practical learning and ensures that students are prepared for real-life work experience during their study in Ireland. The university has several campuses, with the main one being situated in Bishopstown. Other campuses include the National Maritime College of Ireland in Ringaskiddy and the Crawford College of Art and Design in Cork city center. For Indian students aiming to be admitted into this university in the upcoming intakes, this article will cover all the necessary details, including the application process, admission criteria, fees and scholarships, university highlights, etc. Keep reading ahead to know more. 

Cork Institute of Technology, Ireland (CIT) Highlights 

The university offers several unique characteristics that make it one of the most in-demand colleges in Ireland. Below are some interesting facts, figures, and highlights about the Cork Institute of Technology that attract a large global audience. CIT is a relatively large university. As of 2023, over 12,000 students are currently enrolled in the institution, with 2,000 new admissions each year.   Additionally, the university currently has nearly 1,500 staff members, including experienced faculty members. 

The campus has a well-facilitated library as a necessary learning and academic guidance hub. Other well-equipped amenities include gymnasium facilities, information technology centers, and other facility hubs, such as career counseling centers. Cork Institute of Technology actively focuses on research and innovation and offers grants and cutting-edge technology equipment to doctoral students dedicated to their thesis.  The university offers a wide array of programs, including around 73 courses at the Cork campus. 

Cork Institute of Technology, Ireland (CIT) Admission 

While the university has not published an official acceptance rate as of 2023, specific credible sources suggest that the institute has an overall acceptance rate of 47%, making the university moderately competitive to get into. Students must note that the acceptance rate is subject to change based on certain factors such as residency status, chosen program, and level of study. 

CIT offers admission programs to domestic as well as international students. Below are some fundamental and mandatory entry requirements every Indian student must fulfill to be eligible for admission to Cork Institute of Technology, Ireland. 

Admission Eligibility Requirements for Cork Institute of Technology, Ireland (CIT) 

Candidates applying for undergraduate programs must have an overall score of 60% and a minimum of 60% in their chosen domain of study. Most of the programs at CIT are in English, which makes it convenient for international students to explore all academic fields at this college. 

The university accepts students once per year, during the fall. The deadline for the fall intake usually falls around May each year.   Students applying to master programs must have 2H1 in a Level 8 Honours degree, which is a minimum of 60% overall score, along with a 4-year undergraduate degree related to the domain of study in which they are applying for a master's degree. 

Based on the program, candidates might also be asked to submit some additional documents such as a letter(s) of recommendation, a statement of purpose, a resume, and a well-maintained portfolio.  Since most of the programs are taught in English, applicants will be required to document proficiency in the English language by submitting test scores from globally recognized English language tests. Some accepted tests include IELTS (minimum overall band of 6.5, along with at least 6 in each sub-band), TOEFL (minimum overall score of 90, with at least 22 in speaking and 23 in reading, writing and listening), and PTE (minimum overall score of 63). 

Cork Institute of Technology, Ireland (CIT) Programs 

The institute offers full-time, part-time, and specialist courses in disciplines such as Humanities, Business, Arts, Computing and Information Technology, Engineering, Media, Music, etc. Below are the most popular programs offered by CIT that Indian students most seek.

Undergraduate Programs  

  • Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Biomedical Engineering 
  • Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Mechanical Engineering 
  • Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Software Development and Computing 
  • Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Accounting 
  • Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Marketing 
  • Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Digital Humanities and Societies 
  • Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in New Media and English 
  • Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Music 

Postgraduate Programs 

  • Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence  
  • Master of Science in Cybersecurity 
  • Master of Arts in Music and Technology 
  • Master of Engineering in Civil Engineering 
  • Master of Arts in Art and Process 

Cork Institute of Technology, Ireland (CIT) Accommodation 

The Accommodation Office at CIT assists students with their housing necessities. Therefore, Indian students looking for housing near the university campus can contact the authorities directly. Students can also find accommodation via newspaper advertisements, noticeboards, word of mouth, flat-finding agencies, and auctioneers. 

The accommodation office provides a database of lodgings each year, usually during May. Students can find convenient housing alternatives from here, many of which are only walking from the campus!  Students can also look for shared flats to find more affordable rental options. 

Cork Institute of Technology, Ireland (CIT) Costs 

Below are brief details on academic fees and estimated living costs that Indian students can expect while studying at Cork Institute of Technology. 

Course Fee 

The tuition fee at CIT is around 12,000 Euros per year, irrespective of the level of study. Students are required to pay a complete tuition fee before each academic year to be accepted by the college. 

Accommodation Costs  

Accommodation expenses vary based on the type of housing option the student chooses. 

  • Lodgings: Around 100 to 200 Euros per week 
  • Shared Houses/Flats: Around 100 to 120 Euros per week, depending upon the room 
  • Student Apartments: Around 4,500 to 8,000 Euros per year 

Cork Institute of Technology, Ireland (CIT) Scholarships 

The university offers several scholarship programs for students applying to the Cork campus. While international students are not left with a lot of scholarship options, they can apply for the Erasmus program to get a considerable fee waiver. 

Students can also apply for several governmental and non-governmental Indian scholarships to help fund their education. Some include the KC Mahindra Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies, the Unimoni Student Stars 2023, and the Hani Zeini Scholarship. 

Cork Institute of Technology, Ireland (CIT) Placements 

Placements at Cork Institute of Technology are excellent, as students are provided with top career opportunities throughout their journey at this college. Surveys published on the university website prove that nearly 96% of CIT graduates get paid employment or go on to further studies. The starting salary students can expect after graduating from this institute is 25,000 to 35,000 Euros per annum. Top recruiting firms include McDonald's, KPMG, Deloitte, Ernst and Young, PWC, Apple, etc. Over the years, the university has noted several successful alumni, such as Alice Maher, John Burke, Maude Coffer, Vivienne Roche, Anthony Ruby, and Brian Smyth, to name a few.

You might also interested in Other Universities for Studying in Ireland:

Study Abroad
Study in Ireland
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 186 Answers - 192
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants