Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin:

Courses, Admissions, Fees, Scholarships and Placements

Study Abroad Team 26/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

The University of Dublin is known to be one of the most prominent research universities in Dublin. Trinity College is the only constituent college that is a part of the university. The foundation stone of the college was laid in 1592 by Queen Elizabeth I. The college, described as the 'mother of the university' by the Queen, was designed similarly to Cambridge and Oxford. 

Trinity College Durbin is also distinguished as one of the seven' ancient universities' based in Ireland and Britain. It also serves as a sister college to Oriel College, Oxford, and St. John's College, Cambridge. Some of the greatest poets, authors, and playwrights from Ireland, like Jonathan Swift, Oscar Wilde, William Trevor, Oliver Goldsmith, William Congreve, Thomas Moore, and Bram Stoker, among others, have graduated from Trinity College.

Trinity College Highlights

Despite being located right in the city's center, Trinity College is known for its quiet and peaceful atmosphere. This is essentially a result of the institution's smart and compact design, which some great architectural minds have put together. The primary buildings are designed to look inward and put together in the form of big quadrangles.

While some of the structures in the college were constructed centuries ago, one gets to see some modern buildings as well. One of the architectural highlights of the college is the Trinity College Enterprise Centre. The College Park is well-renowned for its rugby and cricket pitch.

The western side of the college is its oldest part, comprising the Campanile, Museum Building, Graduates Memorial Building, Chapel and Examination Hall, and the Rubrics. The Rubrics is the only surviving structure from the 17th-century quadrangle. 

While studying in the college, students explore art and culture in several ways. The Douglas Hyde Gallery, a trendy contemporary art gallery funded by the public, is well within the boundaries of Trinity College. When the gallery opened in 1978, it was the only public gallery in Ireland that showcased contemporary art. 

The Samuel Beckett Theatre is an important part of Trinity College. Every academic year, students get the opportunity to witness the works of leading practitioners and academics being showcased in the theatre. Even students get the opportunity to put together theatre productions and stage them here.

Trinity College Admissions

International students' acceptance rate at Trinity College is around 34%. To secure admission to Trinity College, an international student must follow or adhere to the university's minimum requirements. 

To apply for any of the courses or programs offered by Trinity College, an international student has to visit the official online portal, download the application form, and fill it out with the requisite details. The application fee charged by the college is 55 EUR or 4,993 INR. 

Trinity College Criteria

The college is very strict about its academic requirements and plays an essential role in the selection process. Regarding the GPA requirement, an international student is expected to have scored an average ranging from 80 – 85% in six different subjects in grade XII. Since the courses at Trinity College will be taught in English, an international student has to appear for one of the English language proficiency tests. If a student has appeared for a TOEFL – iBT test, they have to score a minimum of 90. In case a student opts for an IELTS test, they are expected to score a minimum of 6.5. The minimum score requirement in standardized tests is 1290 (SAT) and 28 (ACT). 

An international student applying for a course or program at Trinity College would be required to write a personal statement. This personal statement should be written in or less than 500 words. Sharing academic references would also help an applicant. They could provide one academic reference from a teacher and one from a counselor. 

The application fee for a post-graduate course the college offers is the same (55 EUR or 4,993 INR). Whether the student has studied in an Irish institution or some other college or university in another country, their aggregate percentage is expected to be at least 60%.

Before applying for a post-graduate course, an international student must also appear for an English language proficiency test. If a student has appeared for an IELTS test, their score should be at least 6.5. A minimum score of 88 is expected from those who appeared for a TOEFL – iBT test. GMAT applicants are required to score at least 600.

While submitting two letters of recommendation is important, an international applicant must also submit proof of finance, which would assure that they are financially capable of sustaining themselves while pursuing a course at Trinity College.

Trinity College Programs

Trinity College has three academic faculties: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Science, Technology, Engineering Mumbai, and Health Sciences. A dean leads each of the three faculties and comprises multiple schools offering a wide range of courses. All the schools that are a part of Trinity College are known for offering high-quality academic facilities. 

Trinity College Accommodations

Trinity College offers international students’ multiple options to choose from. In the first year, international students are put up at accommodation facilities approved and administered by the college. The student's acceptance letter would have their student I.D. number. Without this, they would not be able to apply for accommodation facilities offered by the college. 

The housing facilities provided by the college are maintained very well and offer every modern service, facility, and amenity a student could need while living there. If a student wishes to get any specific information about the college's accommodation facilities, they should contact the Accommodation Office. The students can also explore the off-campus accommodation facilities approved by the college.

Trinity College Cost 

The expenses that an international student has to incur while studying at Trinity College largely depend on the course or program chosen by them. The annual tuition fee for doing a Bachelor of Arts [B.A.], Computer Science or a Bachelor of Arts [B.A.], Physics and Astrophysics, is EUR 31,842 or INR 28, 82,019. 

While doing a Master of Laws [L.L.M] would cost EUR 24,555 or INR 22 22 473, the annual tuition fee for pursuing a Master of Social Work [M.S.W] is EUR 23,595 or INR 21 35 583. Doing a Master of Science [M.S], Digital Marketing Strategy costs EUR 23,718 or INR 21, 46, 716 and the annual tuition fee for doing an MBA at Trinity College is EUR 36,600 or INR 33, 12, 666.

Trinity College Scholarships

International students who wish to pursue a course or engage in research work at Trinity College get to apply for multiple scholarships. The benefits offered to them differ from one scholarship to another. 

Trinity College offers Global Excellence Undergraduate Scholarships to international students based on academic merit. Those who manage to secure this scholarship get a reward of 5,000 EUR. The Sports Scholarships, which could involve prize money ranging from 750 EUR – 1,500 EUR, are offered to those who have excelled in some form of sport. If somebody gets a Government of Ireland International Education Scholarship, their entire tuition fee gets waived.

Trinity College Placements

The career development team at Trinity College helps students recognize their interests and choose the right career path for themselves. Workshops are conducted to ensure students are well-prepared for the job interviews. Those who graduate from the college stand to earn an average annual salary of 46,000 EUR.

You might also interested in Other Universities for Studying in Ireland:

Study Abroad
Study in Ireland
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants