Auckland University of Technology: Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements

Study Abroad Team 25/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

New Zealand welcomes thousands of international students annually who choose it as their study-abroad destination. Auckland University of Technology is one of the oldest higher education institutes in this country, established in 1895 as Auckland Technical School. The main campus of this institution is located in Auckland, and the other three campuses are in City, North and South. 

Auckland University of Technology has ranked first in New Zealand for its global outlook. AUT secured 451st position in the latest QS Top University Rankings, and its current rank in THE World University Rankings is between 201 and 250. As per US News, this reputed university in New Zealand attained the 365th spot in the Best Global Universities. 

The prime objective of AUT is to produce talented graduates who land lucrative and rewarding jobs at globally renowned companies and organizations. Therefore, students from different parts of the World choose this higher education institute in New Zealand to pursue their coveted degree courses. Auckland University of Technology has three prominent accreditations: AMBA, AACSB, and EFMD-EQUIS. 

Auckland University of Technology Highlights

  • AUT's modern campuses consist of award-winning buildings created with sustainable principles. These buildings comprise functional and collaborative learning areas, research centers, well-equipped laboratories, libraries, and auditoriums. 

  • One of New Zealand’s second-largest university's primary objectives is to prepare students for the constantly evolving World. Thus, the faculty of AUT fosters innovation and enables students to learn the best methods of embracing new technologies.

  • AUT is well-known for its world-class facilities, which include one of the country’s only two motion picture studios. Furthermore, it possesses one of New Zealand’s two significant radio telescopes. The institute allows its students to use the device in research projects with many global partners.

  • Auckland University of Technology is considered one of the World’s best higher education institutes for its international research impact. It boasts 60 research spaces and institutes where research activities occur across various subjects, including artificial intelligence, space, physical activity, ecology, and robotics.

Auckland University of Technology Admission

The Auckland University of Technology is home to more than 11,000 students, including the ones who hail from India and several other countries. AUT gives admission to over 1,000 international students every year. Thus, 19% of the total student body at this institution consists of foreign students. 

Securing admission to New Zealand’s prestigious university is not easy for every international student, as the acceptance rate of this institute is 45%. However, an interested applicant with impressive marks in higher secondary examinations, undergraduate level, or equivalent has a higher chance of enrolling. In addition, completing the application process correctly is necessary.

Auckland University of Technology accepts applications from native and international students twice a year. The two significant intakes are February and June. Applying before the deadline is paramount for students who wish to pursue a UG or PG course at AUT.

Undergraduate Admission to Auckland University of Technology 

Auckland University of Technology offers around 135 undergraduate programs in 15 disciplines. Its only undergraduate distance learning program is a Bachelor of Health Science. The rest are regular or offline UG courses. Applicants must meet the entry requirements to secure admission.

  • Applying online via the university’s application portal is essential.

  • UG course applicants must submit the senior secondary examination result or equivalent with at least 75% in the top four subjects.

  • Securing an aggregate of 60% in English in previous examinations is a must.

  • Proving English language proficiency is necessary for applicants who are non-native English speakers. So, scoring well in IELTS – 6.5 or TOEFL - 85 is necessary. 

Here are some important documents every UG course applicant is required to upload at the time of submitting the online application form.

  • A passport copy

  • Passport photographs

  • Academic transcripts

  • A statement of purpose

  • A letter of recommendation

  • Proof of Financial Resources

Native and international UG course applicants do not have to pay fees for submitting their applications, as AUT does not charge it.

Postgraduate Admission Auckland University of Technology

Auckland University of Technology offers 184 postgraduate courses. Many international graduates pursue these programs to improve their career prospects. Enrolling in one of the PG courses requires an applicant to fulfill the entry requirements.

  • PG program applicants must file their applications online through AUT’s application portal

  • Holding a bachelor’s degree is a must for PG course applicants to meet the requirements

  • Securing an impressive score on the GMAT or GRE is essential

  • Scoring well in IELTS – 6.5 or TOEFL - 85 is necessary for non-native English-speaking applicants

PG course applicants have to submit essential documents, including a statement of purpose, work or research experience, an updated resume, academic transcripts, and a research proposal. Auckland University of Technology does not charge any application fees.

Eligibility Criteria

Improving chances of securing admission increases to a great extent when a UG or PG program applicant meets the eligibility criteria.

  • Applying online via the application portal of AUT for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree course is a must for applicants.

  • UG course applicants have to secure at least an aggregate of 75% in the best four subjects and 60% in English in senior secondary examinations or equivalent.

  • PG program applicants have to be a bachelor’s degree holder and score well in the GMAT or GRE.

  • Scoring well in TOEFL or IELTS is a must for non-native English-speaking applicants to prove their proficiency in the English language.

  • Submitting official academic transcripts and other necessary documents is necessary for applicants.

Auckland University of Technology's Top Programs

  • Bachelor of Science

  • Bachelor of Design

  • Bachelor of Business Administration

  • Bachelor of Visual Arts

  • Master of Engineering

  • Master of Marketing

  • Master of Visual Arts

  • Master of Business Administration 

Auckland University of Technology Accommodation

The three campuses of AUT have accommodation facilities for international students. The facilities include Wellesley Student Accommodation and Mayoral Drive Student Accommodation. The South campus of the university consists of well-furnished apartments. 

Each apartment has amenities such as a Wi-Fi connection, a dining area, a shared lounge, and many more. International students have to apply for housing facilities through an online application before the semester begins. Many choose to reside in private flats and apartments in Auckland.

Auckland University of Technology Cost

International students enrolling in an undergraduate degree program at AUT must pay around 40,000 NZD as tuition fees. On the other hand, those pursuing a postgraduate course must bear around 50,000 NZD as tuition expenses. 

Course Fee (per annum)

  • Bachelor of Science – 35,400 NZD

  • Bachelor of Design – 36,800 NZD

  • Bachelor of Business Administration – 41,000 NZD

  • Bachelor of Visual Arts – 36,000 NZD

  • Master of Engineering – 42, 400 NZD

  • Master of Marketing – 49,500 NZD

  • Master of Visual Arts – 39,200 NZD

  • Master of Business Administration – 40, 550 NZD

Cost of Living in Auckland

Students from India and several other countries can expect to pay anywhere between 700-1200 NZD monthly for accommodation and dining in Auckland. One may need around 2000 NZD if they choose private apartments or flats. 

Auckland University of Technology Scholarships

Auckland University of Technology awards scholarships and grants to international students who deserve them. Students who pursue a UG or PG program qualify for financial aid. However, they must apply for it. Here are some merit-based and need-based scholarships.

  • AUT Undergraduate Scholarship

  • AUT Postgraduate Scholarship

  • Rotary World Peace Scholarship

  • New Zealand AUT-NCUK Excellence Scholarship

Auckland University of Technology Placements

AUT received five-star ratings consistently for three years (2020-2022) by the QS World University Rankings. This reputed university in New Zealand provides excellent placement opportunities to its students, which is why it has a top employability rate. Most Auckland University of Technology graduates’ average annual salary is 87,000 NZD. 

Study Abroad
Study in New Zealand
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants