Lincoln University: Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements

Study Abroad Team 25/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Lincoln University operated as Lincoln College until it became independent of the University of Canterbury, a Christchurch, New Zealand-based public research university. Lincoln has been operating independently since 1990 as the country’s smallest university. The history of Lincoln University, however, dates to 1878, which makes it the Southern Hemisphere’s oldest educational institution teaching agriculture. The Tertiary Education Commission, New Zealand, accredits it. 

Lincoln is one of the highest-ranked universities in New Zealand and currently has a QS World University Ranking of 362. The institute is ranked at 1032 by the US News & World Report. 

Lincoln University Highlights 

  • The campus of Lincoln University covers 120 acres or 50 ha of land in Lincoln, Canterbury, a town located around 9 miles or 15 Km away from the city of Christchurch. The campus features all the teaching facilities a modern-day educational institute should have. These include IT labs that remain open for the students throughout the day, a good library, eateries, a printery, top-notch sporting facilities, etc. 

  • The university has close to 3,500 students at the moment, out of which almost 42% are international students. Lincoln is known to have students from as many as 60 countries. 

  • Other than being among the top 1.5% of universities in the world as per the QS World University Rankings, Lincoln has received a QS Five Stars rating for the courses it offers in the subject areas of Forestry and Agriculture.

  • Lincoln University is a member of the ELLS or Euroleague for Life Sciences, a global university network that cooperates in fields like life sciences, forestry and agricultural sciences, natural resource management, environmental sciences, food sciences, and veterinary sciences. 

  • The university is also a member of the Global Challenges University Alliance, a university network that works to contribute to sustainable development. 

  • Lincoln offers both part-time and full-time courses. However, to enroll for a part-time course, the student must be a New Zealand or Australian citizen. Other than that, the institute also offers online Diplomas and Certificate programs. 

Lincoln University Admissions 

The university requires international and local students to follow the same admission process. However, international applicants must submit their country-specific qualifications to prove their eligibility. 

Individuals looking to enroll in a postgraduate program can submit their applications when in the final year of their undergraduate study and after completing their undergraduate degree. Students who are yet to get hold of all their mark sheets can apply only with their latest transcripts. In such situations, the university will give them a Conditional Offer. 

International students should apply at least three to four months before the beginning of their respective courses. This will provide them with sufficient time for visa processing, traveling, and arranging suitable accommodation. 

Applications for undergraduate and postgraduate courses should be submitted on the application portal at mylinc. nz. The section below lists the various admission requirements the students must meet when seeking admission at Lincoln University. 

  • Academic Transcripts (must be in English; if not, they must be translated into English)

  • English language proficiency test result 

  • Passport

  • Birth Certificate 

  • Insurance 

  • Resume/ Curriculum Vitae 

  • Statement of Purpose 

Individuals applying for a postgraduate program must also include a personal statement and an essay along with the application. The status of the application is also updated on the MyLinc portal. An undergraduate application typically takes a week to be processed. However, the time required to process postgraduate and research applications is often much longer. 

Tuition Fees:

The tuition fees for international students and domestic students are different. Here, it must be mentioned that Lincoln considers Australian students as domestic. 

Indian students and all other international students whose first language is not English must submit proof of their English proficiency. It is mandatory as English is the medium of teaching for almost all courses at Lincoln, barring a few, which are taught in New Zealand’s native language, Māori. 

Here are more facts on the entry requirements Indian students must meet to get admission to Lincoln. 

  • Indian students seeking admission to an undergraduate course must complete 12 years of school education with 75% marks in English.

  • To become eligible for study at Lincoln, Indian students must have an IELTS score of 6.5 or above. Alternatively, they can also use their TOEFL score to prove their eligibility. The minimum TOEFL score required to be eligible for admission is 80. 

  • Individuals who don’t have any TOEFL or IELTS scores can sit for the English test organized by the university. The minimum they would need to score to become eligible is 70%. 

Lincoln University Programs

Here are the Lincoln University programs that Indian students often seek admission to:

  • MS Agricultural Science

  • MS Horticultural Science

  • BS Agricultural Science

  • MS Agribusiness 

  • BS Tourism Management

  • BS Viticulture & Oenology

  • BS Landscape Architecture

  • MS Sport & Recreation Management

  • MS Food Innovation

  • MS Natural Resources Management & Ecological Engineering

  • MS International Nature Conservation

  • MS Environmental Policy & Management

Lincoln University Accommodations

On-Campus Accommodation: International students can choose to stay on campus and enjoy a friendly rural atmosphere. Staying on campus would mean that the student in question will be a part of a community consisting of almost 600 people. One of the biggest advantages of staying on campus is that everything a student may need to have a perfect university life will be within a very short distance. These include lectures, a library, food, gyms, shops, cafes, and friends. 

Lincoln University’s campus is home to multiple Halls of Residence, which are fully catered units run by the university. Students living in these centrally located units have access to social areas, SKY TV, and unlimited Wi-Fi free of cost. Individuals in the first year of their course are recommended to stay at one of the seven fully catered halls, while senior students can live in self-catered apartments.

The seven fully catered residence halls housed by the university campus are:

  • Centennial Hall 

  • Southland Hall 

  • Colombo Hall 

  • Lowrie Hall 

  • The Quarters

  • Stevens Halls

  • Hudson Halls 

The university campus has three self-catered apartments; they are:

  • The Junction

  • Farm Road 

  • Farm Road with attached baths 

Homestays: International students at Lincoln University often choose to stay at homestays. It allows them to stay with locals, which, other than allowing them to know the place better, also helps them to improve their English language skills. Student homestays in New Zealand offer the following:

  • Breakfast, lunch (packed), and dinner 

  • A private room equipped with a chair, desk, and lamp

  • Wardrobe and storage space 

  • Internet access 

Students staying in homestays can choose to do their laundry themselves or pay the homestay separately to get it done by a professional. 

Lincoln University Cost 

  • Cost of Course: Students must spend 9.7 lakh INR per year to complete an undergraduate course from Lincoln University. On the other hand, the per year cost for postgraduate students is 19.1 lakh INR. 
  • Cost of Living: The cost of staying in a fully catered facility will approximately be 7 lakh and 9 lakh INR. The self-catered units will cost a student around 23,000 INR per week. 

Lincoln University Scholarships

Lincoln University offers multiple scholarships to international students. One is a scholarship of NZ$2,500, which is offered to students enrolled in a diploma or certificate program in University Studies. Next, there is a scholarship worth NZ$ 3,000 for new undergraduate students. For bachelor’s degree students, there’s another scholarship worth NZ$ 5,000. Postgraduate students will also get the opportunity to grab scholarships between NZ$7,000 and NZ$10,000. 

Lincoln University Placements   

Every registered student and graduate of Lincoln University can enjoy access to career tools, career resources, and jobs and schedule appointments with top career advisors through the LU Career Center. Additionally, the university organizes employer and career events that help students connect with potential employers. 

You might also interested in Other Universities for Studying in New Zealand:

Study Abroad
Study in New Zealand
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants