Cornell University: Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements

Study Abroad Team 19/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Cornell University was established in 1865 with the sole intention of teaching and contributing to all fields of knowledge. Since its establishment, Cornell University has been a co-educational and non-sectarian institution not restricted by religion or race.

The primary campus of Cornell is on East Hill in Ithaca, New York. The campus spans across a length of 2300 acres and contains labs, administrative buildings, auditoriums, etc. With his $500,000 endowment, Ezra Cornell, the co-founder, funded the university initially.It is one of the few universities with more than 150 years of excellence in research, education, and public engagement. With more than 1,000 organizations on the campus, Cornell University has been able to maintain its vibrancy among students.

When the context is about the empowerment of women, Cornell University proudly stands out. It was the first Ivy League University to admit women to its campus. The university has the unique accreditation of producing 45 Nobel laureates.

It has 14 colleges and schools, including seven undergraduate divisions, in addition to professional and graduate divisions. These divisions are located in New York City and Doha, Qatar. With 6300 international students being admitted to Cornell University, it is the preferred place to study in USA for Indian students.
The university ranks 21 among the best global universities. It has a QS ranking of 20 among other prominent universities in the world. The U.S. News & World Report ranks this university in the 21st position.

Cornell University Highlights

When it comes to popular educational institutions in the United States for Indian students, few names resonate as strongly as Cornel University. It has evolved as a premier Ivy League institution with a distinguished history of more than 150 years. The university’s commitment to academic excellence is its standout feature. Listed are the key highlights of the Cornell University one must know.\

  • In 1868, 412 applicants were accepted through meticulous screening. This was the largest entering class in American history at that time.
  • The Morrill Hall was the first building erected on the campus in 1868.
  • There are more than 40 Nobel laureates associated with Cornell as faculty members or alumni.
  • It was the first university in the US to establish four-year UG schools of hotel administration and industrial labor relations.
  • Cornell has more than 20% of international students in each academic year.
  • The chicken nugget was first discovered at Cornell University. It was invented by Robert C. Baker. He was also credited with the establishment of the institution’s Food Science and Marketing Department.
  • The Equine Hospital at Cornell is visited by 2,000 patients each year.
  • Cornell University has 16 physical and virtual libraries on its main campus in Ithaca, New York. Students can refer to these libraries for academic purposes and fine-tune their exam preparations.
  • The Wi-Fi connectivity on Cornell University’s campus is one of the most comprehensive ones. The free monthly internet usage for each student is 250 GB of data. Named eduroam, it is the secure Wi-Fi network of Cornell University.

Cornell University Admissions

UG Admission to Cornell University

Cornell University has a total enrollment of more than 24,000 students, which includes 15,000 undergraduates. Besides knowing the cost of MS in USA for Indian students, aspirants must be aware of the following undergraduate admission requirements.

  • The undergraduate application fee is INR 6500 at Cornell University.
  • Aspirants must maintain a GPA of 3.5 out of 4 to improve their chances of getting into this prestigious university.
  • Applicants must secure a minimum score of 100 in TOEFL, 7.5 in IELTS, 70 in PTE, and 120 in Duolingo.
  • Students must submit two Letters of Recommendation during the time of admission.
  • Official high school transcripts are also required during UG admissions at Cornell University.

PG Admission to Cornell University

The cost of MS to Study in USA for Indian students is always a critical factor. However, for successful admission, students must know about the entry requirements. The application process for PG admission is as follows:

  • The application fee to apply for Mater’s courses is INR 8700.
  • Students need to secure at least a 3.7 out of 4 GPA.
  • Applicants must secure 77 in TOEFL and 7 in IELTS. It is also crucial for the applicants to have a GMAT score of at least 700 and a GRE score of 330.
  • Students must submit an SOP during the time of admission.
  • Academic transcripts are required during the time of admission.

PhD Admission to Cornell University

The entry requirements for PhD at Cornell University are as follows:

  • The application fee for a PhD at Cornell University is INR 6700.
  • It is crucial for the candidate to submit transcripts of their resume.
  • The university may also ask the student to submit official TOEFL scores.
  • Applicants must also provide three Letters of Recommendation during admission.
  • The university didn’t accept GRE scores for the Fall 2023 admission cycle.

Eligibility Criteria

To study in USA for international students, one must be fully aware of the eligibility criteria of Cornell University. It is one of the most competitive universities in the USA. To have the best shot of getting into this university, students must aim for the 75th percentile.

Moreover, applicants should try to get a score of 1540 on the SAT or a 35 on the ACT. Aiming for a higher GPA is also mandatory. Otherwise, students might have to compensate with a higher ACT or SAT score.

Enrolling in challenging courses aligned with the student’s intended field of study is also necessary. Even extracurricular involvement and letters of recommendation play their part in helping one get into Cornell University.

Cornell University Programs

Here is the list of Cornell University Programs.

  • Bachelors in Education
  • Bachelors in Communication
  • Bachelors in Economics
  • Bachelor in Social Sciences
  • Bachelors in Bioinformatics
  • Bachelors in Computer Science
  • M.Eng. Aerospace Engineering
  • M.R.P. City and Regional Planning
  • MSc in Biological and Environmental Engineering
  • MSc in Computational Biology & Medicine
  • MSc in Health Informatics
  • MSc in Clinical & Translational Investigations

Cornell University Accommodations

Accommodations at Cornell University aim to provide support to students. The university has seventeen undergraduate residence halls and eight program houses. Cornell University also offers residential communities for professionals and students pursuing Masters.

Cornell University Cost

The average cost of studying at Cornell University is approximately INR 69 lakhs. After applying for a scholarship, the price decreases to INR 3 lakhs. So, to study in USA for international students, one must know about the approximate cost.

Cost of Course

For Indian students, the cost of studying at Cornell University ranges from INR 53 to INR 71 lakhs. For candidates pursuing a post-graduate course, the semester-wise fee is INR 12 lakhs.

Cost of Living

Here is the detailed cost of living for Indian students at Cornell University.

  • Student activity fee- INR 26,000
  • Health fee- INR 41,000
  • Housing- INR 9.5 lakhs
  • Course materials and other equipment- INR 1.5 lakhs
  • Personal expenses- INR 1.8 lakhs

Cornell University Scholarships

At Cornell University, no athletic or merit-based scholarships are awarded. The grant aid awarded to students is only need-based. Listed are the common Cornell University scholarships to know.

  • New York State Tuition Assistance Program
  • NYS Excelsior Program
  • Presidential Scholarship
  • Trustee Scholarship

One should note that international students aren’t eligible for federal aid when studying at this university.

Cornell University Placements

Cornell University has a distinguished record when it comes to placements. Based on a 2021 report, 25 students who graduated from the college in Fall are actively employed in reputed organizations. All 25 of them have received lucrative offers. 40% of graduates from Cornell University with full-time jobs are settled in New York City. Here are some Cornell University placements by degree.

  • PhD- INR 1.4 crores
  • MBA- INR 1.2 crores
  • Executive MBA-INR 1.14 crores
  • Masters in Science- INR 1 crore
  • Listed are the Cornell University placements by industry.
  • Financial Services- INR 1.14 crores
  • Healthcare- INR 1.3 crores
  • Consulting- INR 1.03 crores

By graduating from the Cornell University, Indian students can bag lucrative placement offers like:

  • Software Engineer- INR 80 lakhs
  • Data Analyst- INR 51 lakhs
  • Project Manager- INR 69 lakhs
  • Data Scientist- INR 81 lakhs

Students planning to study in USA must carefully review the application process and entry requirements to increase their chances of getting into Cornell University.

Study Abroad
overseas education
Study in USA
Colleges and Universities
Cornell University
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants