Harvard University: Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements

Study Abroad Team 19/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Harvard University is one of the world's most recognizable institutes of higher learning. Established in 1636, Harvard has been a mighty pillar of education, research, and training, along with a rich heritage and scholarly culture. Situated in Cambridge, Massachusetts, the university is a global hub for scholars worldwide. Harvard has consistently earned high world rankings; according to QS, the university is the 5th best in the world, and according to U.S News & World Report Ranking, it is the 1st ranked university.

Harvard is an intellectual powerhouse known for its highly selective acceptance rate of 4%. This reflects that only the most driven and goal-oriented learners can get into the Ivy League school. The university is also famous for its collaborative spirit, and with 22.9% of international students, the experience at Harvard is rich in diversity. Harvard University is regarded as the touchstone of excellence for Indian students who are keen to study in USA.

Harvard University Highlights

  • The university offers more than 3,700 courses across several disciplines and levels. These courses are taught by highly-regarded faculty members and further enriched by the abundant resources available for students.
  • Harvard has some of the most iconic libraries in the world. Out of the 79 libraries, the Widener Memorial Library is the largest one. It contains more than 3.5 million works in more than 100 languages. To put into perspective, the books at this library can cover a distance of 92 kilometers.
  • Being part of the elite Ivy League, Harvard has highly competitive athletic teams. Therefore, students who wish to participate in an intense sports culture can do so at Harvard.
  • Harvard University has a long-standing history of producing leaders and visionaries. The university has produced 8 presidents of the USA and 145 Nobel laureates (more than any other university).

Harvard University Admission

Undergraduate Admission Requirements for Harvard University
To apply for an undergraduate program at Harvard University, applicants must provide all the relevant documents, including the entry requirements by the university. The application process to be considered for admission at Harvard is as follows:

  • Applicants must complete the application from the Coalition or typical applications.
  • The application fee is $80 or 6,980 INR.
  • Aspirants have to submit their school reports and high school transcripts.
  • Teacher reports.
  • Standardized tests such as SAT and ACT (optional for the 2022-2026 applicants) are recommended.
  • First-year undergraduate students do not need to take English proficiency tests such as IELTS or TOEFL.

Graduate Admission Requirements for Harvard University

The application process to be considered for a graduate course at Harvard University is as follows:

  • There are separate application portals for different graduate schools
  • The non-refundable application fee is $105 or 8,622 INR.
  • The applicants require a Bachelor’s degree to apply for a graduate program.
  • Securing high scores in standardized tests such as GRE is advantageous.
  • To prove proficiency in the English language, students need to take tests such as TOEFL.
  • 2 Letters of Recommendation are also required to be considered for admission.
  • Furthermore, students might have to submit their CV, work experience, and writing samples.

Harvard University Programs

Harvard offers some of the most prestigious programs in not just the US but in the entire world. These courses are sought after by countless students. Some of Harvard’s most popular methods are:

  • M.S Data Science
  • M.S Biomedical Informatics
  • M.S Applied Computation
  • M.Eng Computational Science and Engineering
  • M.S Medical Sciences - Global Health Delivery
  • M.B.A Entrepreneurship
  • M.Arch
  • Ph.D. Psychology

Harvard University Accommodation

The university offers accommodation across 12 residence halls for undergraduate students and 4 Graduate School of Arts and Science residence halls. Moreover, Harvard provides off-campus housing options for graduates. The accommodation has amenities such as libraries, recreational spaces, gyms, lounges, and functional spaces.

  • In-Campus Housing Options - The scholarly spirit of the university characterizes the in-campus accommodation options. The proximity to all the resources makes it an ideal alternative for students who wish to utilize them. Furthermore, living in residence halls gives students a community to connect with. Students can enhance their experience at Harvard by feeling a home away from home.
  • Off-Campus Housing Options - Harvard offers a wide array of off-campus housing options that students can choose from. These apartments are close to the Cambridge, Longwood Medical Area, and Allston campuses. Furthermore, these apartments are fitted with all the required amenities.

Harvard University Course Fee

Students wishing to study at Harvard can expect to pay the listed approximate fee:

  • The annual tuition fee for Undergraduate courses at Harvard (before financial aid) is $55,587 or 45.88 Lakh INR.
  • The annual tuition fee for Graduate courses at Harvard (before financial aid) is $54,032 or 44.60 Lakh INR.

Harvard University Living Expenses

It is necessary for students studying at Harvard to understand their living expenses to manage them with ease. The approximate cost of living that a student can expect while studying at Harvard is as follows:

  • Rent- On-campus accommodation: $16,660/year or 13.75 Lakh INR/year. Off-campus accommodation (approx.): $1,300/month or 1.07 Lakh INR/month.
  • Food/Meal Plans- $6,360/year or 5.25 Lakh INR/year
  • Traveling- $30-$80/ month or 2,476- 6,603 INR/ month
  • Health Insurance- $1,350/year or 1.11 Lakh INR/year
  • Others- $40/month or 3,301 INR/month

Harvard University Scholarships

To study in USA, the university has an immense focus on helping students finance their education. For this, several scholarships have been made available to students. Some of the most prominent scholarships offered are:

  • Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Program - This financial aid program supports Indian students during their master’s degree at Harvard. Every Indian student is eligible for this scholarship, given that they are successful in their admission. Students can get financial aid up to $50,000 from this scholarship program.
  • Horace W. Goldsmith Fellowship - This financial aid is granted to 7-10 first-year MBA students with $10,000. The selected students must have exhibited leadership and dedication towards the non-profit sector.
  • The Robert S. Kaplan Life Sciences Fellowship - This program selects up to 10 outstanding MBA students contributing to life sciences disciplines. Selected students are awarded a sum of $10,000 a year.
  • The HGSE Financial Aid- Harvard Graduate School of Education (HGSE) - This scholarshipoffers a wide array of financial aid options to prospective students of Harvard. These options include scholarships, fellowships, grants, work-study opportunities, and loans. Factors such as the student’s needs and past academic performances are considered.

Other scholarships:

  • Zuckerman Fellowship
  • Urban Scholars Award
  • James Bryant Conant Fellowship
  • Leadership in Education Award
  • IGLP Residential Fellowship Program, Harvard Law School, USA
  • The Banyan Impact Fellowship

Harvard University Placements

The Harvard brand is one of the strongest in the entire world. Harvard graduates are highly demanded individuals. Industry giants such as Apple, Amazon, Meta, Google, American Express, JP Morgan, and McKinsey actively seek Harvard students.

The average salary of renowned Harvard Business School (HBS) graduates is $150,000 or 1.2 Cr INR per annum. Furthermore, the role of a Neurosurgeon has emerged as the highest-paying profession, with an average salary of $402,000 or 3.3 Cr INR per annum.

Other professions and the average salaries that Harvard graduates can expect to make per annum are as follows:

  • Software Engineer- $108,000 or 89.15 Lakh INR
  • Research Scientist- $104,300 or 86.09 Lakh INR
  • Data Scientist- $118,600 or 97.90 Lakh INR
Study Abroad
Study in USA
Colleges & Universities
Harvard University
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants