Northwestern University: Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements

Study Abroad Team 20/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Northwestern University is a private research university in the midwestern state of Illinois in the United States. Established in 1851, it is the oldest chartered university in Illinois. The university's main campus is picturesque and lies along the shores of Lake Michigan.

The Northwestern University comprises eleven undergraduate, graduate, and professional departments. The 240-acre main campus of this institution can house more than 13,000 graduate and professional students.
Northwestern is recognized nationally and internationally due to its commitment to educational excellence. The admission process at Northwestern University is pretty competitive, with a 7% acceptance rate.

The School of Communication of Northwestern University has produced actors of Richard Benjamin and Marg Helgenberger caliber. It is one of the most unique universities to have a dedicated Happiness Club at its main campus.

Throughout the university's 230-year history, it has established several rituals and customs. The Dillo Day is one such ritual that pays tribute to the official mammal of Illinois. It is the largest student-operated music festival in the United States.

As one of the top universities in the U.S., it aims to equip students with practical skills. Besides knowing about the cost of M.S. in the USA for Indian students, one should be aware of this university's ranks. It is ranked 32nd in Q.S. rankings and 24th in rankings published by the U.S. News & World Report.

Northwestern University Highlights

Northwestern University is highly regarded for its renowned faculty members who have proved their mettle in various fields. The university has numerous research centers and institutes that facilitate collaborative research initiatives. Listed are the key highlights that Northwestern University students must be aware of.

The university has a massive student cohort size. It has a total population of 26000 students, which includes 9,827 undergraduates. The admitted students at Northwestern University belong to 50 states in the USA and more than 100 countries. One of the key highlights of this university is its retention rate. With a retention rate of 98%, the university is one of the most prominent in the U.S. 84% of students graduate within four years, and 94% graduate within six years.

  • Northwestern is a leading research university. It is home to over ninety school-based and fifty university research centers.
  • It has the unique accreditation of teaching more than a hundred innovation-based courses each year.
  • The university earns $2.6 billion in revenue from patents and intellectual property.
  • The students of Northwestern University have a record of participating in global learning experiences.
  • The Northwestern University has numerous libraries. The popular libraries in this university are the University Library, Deering Library, Mudd Library, Math Library, etc.
  • Northwestern University offers three wireless networks to help students and guests access the internet. Each Wi-Fi network is unique to the device type and the University affiliation.

Northwestern University Admissions

U.G. Admission to Northwestern University
Indian students should acquire more information on Master's to Study in USA. So, here are a few admission requirements that can help applicants with U.G. admission to Northwestern University.

  • The application fee for the U.G. application in this university is INR 6200.
  • Students must submit official school reports and secondary school transcripts.
  • It is crucial for students to maintain a GPA of 4 out of 4.
  • Students must have a minimum score of 79 in TOEFL and 6.5 in IELTS.
  • The recommendation of a counselor is a must during admission.

P.G. Admission to Northwestern University

The entry requirements for master's to study in USA for Indian students vary from university to university. Here is the list of entry requirements for students who want to pursue a Masters from the Northwestern University.

  • The application fee for postgraduate Indian aspirants ranges from INR 4200 to INR 10000.
  • The required GPA for admission in postgraduate courses at this university is 3.
  • Aspirants must secure 79 to 100 in TOEFL and 6.5 to 7 in IELTS.
  • Students must have 620-780 on the GMAT and 150-160 on the GRE.
  • A statement of Purpose and three Letters of Recommendation are required during admission.

Ph.D. Admission to Northwestern University

Here is the list of entry requirements for interested Indian students pursuing a Ph.D. from this university.

  • The application fee for a Ph.D. is INR 7900.
  • A student who enters a doctoral program must successfully complete at least nine letter-graded course units.
  • Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3 to improve their chances of a Ph.D.
  • Transcripts regarding Master's and Bachelor's degrees must be submitted.
  • Aspirants must provide at least two Letters of Recommendation during Ph.D. admission.

Northwestern University Eligibility Criteria

Usually, the cost of an M.S. in the USA for Indian students is given more importance by aspirants. But one should also know the general eligibility criteria for getting into Northwestern University. With a required GPA of 4, enrolling in the courses Northwestern University offers is not easy.

Students with a low GPA must secure a good SAT or ACT score to compensate. A candidate's average SAT score for successful admission to this university is 1450. On the other hand, the ACT score of the student must be above 33 to get admission to this university.

Northwestern University Programs

  • M.Eng. Engineering Management
  • MS in Analytics
  • MS in Information Technology
  • LLM Taxation
  • MS in Biomedical Engineering
  • MS in Law
  • MS in Mechanical Engineering
  • MS in Robotics
  • MS in Computer Science
  • MS in Artificial Intelligence
  • MS in Electrical Engineering

Northwestern University Accommodations

Northwestern University has two main accommodation models – the residence hall and the residential college. The conventional residence halls on the university's campus range from residences with as few as 25 students to larger residences with more than 500.
On the other hand, the residential colleges range from 40 to 250 students. Indian students need to know about these accommodation types properly.

Northwestern University Cost

The average cost of studying at Northwestern University without financial aid is INR 70 lakhs for Indian students. However, the total price decreases to INR 25 lakhs after receiving a scholarship.

Cost of Course

The approximate cost of studying at Northwestern University is INR 43 lakhs. The postgraduate fees for Indian students may range from INR 50 lakhs to INR 58 lakhs.

Cost of Living

Here are some crucial aspects to know about the cost of living while studying at Northwestern University.

  • On-Campus Room- INR 16 lakhs
  • Loan Fees- INR 4,000
  • Personal Expenses- INR 1.5 lakhs
  • Books and Supplies- INR 2 lakhs

Northwestern University Scholarships

As one of the best universities in the U.S., it offers various scholarships. The common scholarships provided by this university are as follows:

  • Fulbright-Nehru Fellowship
  • National Overseas Scholarship
  • K.C. Mahindra Scholarship
  • Founders Scholarship
  • Karr Achievement Scholarship

Northwestern University Placements

As one of the most reputed universities in the U.S., Northwestern University offers good placements to its students. Listed are the crucial aspects to know about placements provided by this university.

  • Senior Data Scientist- IN4 1.05 crore
  • Software Engineer- INR 81 lakhs
  • Project Manager- INR 58 lakhs
  • Data Analyst- INR 57 lakhs
  • Senior Software Engineer- INR 98 lakhs
  • Finance Control & Strategy- INR 1.25 crore
Study Abroad
overseas education
Study in USA
Colleges and Universities
Admission Process
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants