Princeton University: Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarships & Placements

Study Abroad Team 20/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Princeton University is a globally acclaimed institution. It is to be noted by students aspiring to study in the USA that the QS World University Rankings has this University on 16th rank. At the same time, the Times Higher Education World University Rankings consider it the 7th best University in the world.  

According to the U.S. News and World Report Best Global Universities, it is the 16th best institution globally. The University offers a plethora of subjects from which the international students can choose any one. 

Princeton University is one of the oldest institutions in the USA and dates back to 1746 when it was founded as the College of New Jersey. It is a private Ivy League institution in Princeton, New Jersey. Students from across the world aspiring to study in the USA pick this esteemed University. 

24% of the pupils here are international students. Almost 61% of international applicants get financial aid, which makes studying at Princeton more accessible for Indian students. The university campus has over 200 buildings, 5 schools, 6 colleges, and 10 libraries. This institution with MSCHE accreditation has a sprawling campus spread over 600 acres. 

Princeton University Highlights

The following are some of the highlights of Princeton University for students looking tostudy in the USA:

  • Princeton University houses around 8,000 students spread over different departments and programs. Of these students, almost 14% come from other countries. 
  • Princeton University is globally known for its academic excellence and contribution to the knowledge economy. 
  • This University offers a plethora of financial aid and scholarships to international students to allow the best of minds to be a part of their extraordinary knowledge quests.
  • Princeton University provides financial aid. Students applying from any country need to submit their financial strength for scrutiny. After the processing is over, the University decides the amount of aid a student stands eligible for. 
  • Computer Science, History, Mathematics, Physics, and Economics are some of the best courses offered by this prestigious University.  

Princeton University Admissions 

Getting admitted to Princeton University can be challenging. With a 4% selection rate, it is one of the hardest for students looking tostudy in the USA. Around 150 Indian students get into this prestigious institution every year. 

UG Admission at Princeton University

  • For admission to undergraduate courses, the student must apply through Coalition Application or Common Application portals. 
  • The application fee is around $70 (INR5720). However, applicants can request a fee waiver, citing their financial status. 
  • 1570 is the SAT score, and 35 is the ACT score required to apply to Princeton’s science domain UG courses. 
  • For language proficiency, at least 8 in IELTS and 27 in TOEFL iBT for speaking are necessary.  
  • Letters of recommendation from one counselor and two are necessary.

PG Admissions at Princeton University

  • For graduate course applications, students need to apply through the University Graduate Portal. 
  • The application fee for these courses remains $ 95 (INR7760) 
  • The Minimum GPA requirement is 3.9. 
  • TOEFL/IELTS requirements remain the same as UG courses, while the GMAT score should be 550+. For GRE Verbal, 161 is the minimum requirement, and 163 for GRE Quant. 
  • Letters of recommendation (2/3) are necessary for admission to graduate courses. 

Ph.D. Admissions at Princeton University

  • Applicants must have a master's degree from a recognized university with at least 55% marks
  • Submission of an SOP (Statement of Purpose) is necessary for PH. D application
  • A sample written work of at most 25 pages should be submitted

Princeton University Eligibility Criteria

Eligibility Criteria to secure admission to Princeton are different for different courses. The following are a few factors that students looking tostudy in the USA should keep in mind while applying for any undergraduate course at Princeton.

  • Academic Transcript: All academic records submitted should be in English only. 
  • Graded Written Paper: A graded written paper (written in English only) checked by a teacher should be submitted. 
  • English Proficiency: If the applicant's instruction medium in school or undergraduate studies is not English and if the applicant’s native language is not English, TOEFL or IELTS scores will be necessary.  
  • School Reports: Applicants must produce a school report while applying for an undergraduate course. 
  • Standardized Test: Students with no SAT or ACT score will have to appear for a Standardized test conducted by the University. 

You can visit the University's official website to learn more about graduate and advanced graduate course admission criteria. 

Princeton University Programs

Princeton University offers a multidisciplinary education with a special emphasis on STEM learning. While studying sociology or history can be equally rewarding for students looking tostudy in the USA, some of the most popular courses are as follows. 

  • M.S (Master of Science) in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering: It costs around USD 54,070 (INR 44,95,921) 
  • M. Eng (Master of Engineering) in Electrical Engineering: It costs around USD 54,070 (INR 44,95,921)
  • M. S in Computer Science: It costs around USD 54,070 (INR 44,95,921)
  • M. S in Chemistry: It costs around USD 56,010 (INR 46,57,232)
  • M. Eng in Civil and Environmental Engineering: It costs around USD 49,289 (INR 40,98,380)
  • M. Eng in Chemical and Biological Engineering: It costs around USD 49289 (INR 40,98,380)
  • M. Arch or Master of Architecture: It costs around USD 54,070 (INR 44,95,921)
  • M. Fin or Master of Finance: It costs around USD 54,070 (INR 44,95,921) 

Princeton University Accommodations

For graduates, it is mandatory to stay within the campus. Therefore, the University provides the students with shared or single accommodations. 

Six residential colleges within the campus area offer different accommodation options at various costs. For undergraduate students, the accommodation cost varies between INR 7 and 8.5 lakh. 

However, off-campus accommodations are also available for graduate students pursuing their PG degrees or research. The University’s real estate services inform the students, faculty, and researchers about the availability of accommodations near the campus. 

These alternatives can include 2-room or 1-room apartments or shared facilities with 2 or more residents. The average cost varies between INR 4.5 and 8 Lakh. 

Princeton University Cost 

The cost of studying at Princeton University may vary based on the course and the domain of study selected. However, the availability of special financial aid makes Princeton University a feasible option for many international students, including Indian pupils. 

Cost of Course 

The course fee varies based on the course chosen. The tuition fee for undergraduate and graduate courses is around $ 60,000 (incl. Health Fee). However, for different courses, the cost is additional. 

Cost of Living

  • Food: $7,980
  • Housing: $11,400
  • Miscellaneous Expenses: $4,050
  • Transport Cost: $ 300-$5000 

Princeton University Scholarships

Princeton University grants a plethora of financial aid, which makes studying in this institution possible for several Indian students. Here are a few scholarships that the University grants. 

  • Bershadsky Family Scholarship in Science or Engineering: Every year, students pursuing undergraduate courses in science or engineering get this award regardless of their citizenship. 
  • Harold W. Dodds Fellowships: This award covers students belonging to all domains pursuing graduate courses in the University. 
  • Natural Science and Engineering fellowship: Every First-year student pursuing this domain remains eligible for this fellowship, which covers the entire tuition fee and several other expenses.  

Princeton University Placements    

Princeton University organizes career fairs to bring employers and job-seekers together. While masters in Science are the more rewarding course at Princeton, students from every domain find enough opportunities to shape their career here. 

Elite companies like Amazon, Facebook, Google, IBM, Microsoft, McKinsey, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Barclays, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Credit Suisse, BlackRock, etc., hire from Princeton University. 

All courses at Princeton University focus on career-oriented skill development, which makes the students of this institution job-ready. 

The average entry-level salary of students of Princeton University remains around $72000 per annum. Graduates from this university find excellent career opportunities worldwide in different renowned companies and organizations.

Study Abroad
Study in USA
studyinusa
princetonuniversity
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants