Stanford University: Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarships & Placements

Study Abroad Team 19/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Located in the heart of California’s Silicon Valley, Stanford University is a pillar of innovation and education. Since its founding in 1885, the university has extended the boundaries of knowledge across various fields and garnered the attention of brilliant minds from around the globe.

Stanford’s global influence is immense as the university has committed to shaping a better future through research and development. U.S. News & World Report Ranking and QS rankings put Stanford as the 3rd ranking university in both the world and the United States. With a strict acceptance rate of 3.9%, the selection criteria to be accepted is highly competitive. Stanford's influence is so significant that Indian students choose to study in USA, especially compete against the top students to get admission.

Stanford’s core principles lie in interdisciplinary collaboration and a holistic approach to higher education. The themes of collaboration in innovation are seen through Stanford’s rich diversity of students. Approximately 24.1% of Stanford’s students are outside the USA. Such a vibrant community of diverse scholars, a captivating campus, and state-of-the-art facilities make Stanford the choice for countless students worldwide.

Stanford University Highlights

  • Stanford is one of the most research-driven institutes in the world. Stanford’s present community of scholars includes 4 Pulitzer winners and 19 Nobel Prize laureates. Furthermore, the university has produced more Turing award winners than any other university.
  • The university has an excellent student-to-faculty ratio of 5:1, where 70% of its classes have at most 20 students.
  • More than 2/3rd of Stanford students receive financial aid in some form.
  • Stanford is one of the finest institutions in the world where entrepreneurship is encouraged and nourished. Stanford alumni founded companies such as Google, Hewlett-Packard, and Wipro.
  • The proximity to the famous Silicon Valley makes Stanford a strong destination for studying computer science and engineering courses.

Stanford University Admission

Undergraduate Admission Requirements for Stanford University

To get accepted into Stanford University, the applicants must produce the university's required documents. The entry requirements for undergraduate courses at Stanford are:

The process of applying is done through a platform called Common App.

  • The application fee for applying for courses at Stanford is $90 or about 7400 INR.
  • School transcripts are required in the application process.
  • Students need to take standardized tests such as the SAT and the ACT.
  • International students from countries where English is not the official language need to demonstrate their ability to use the English language through proficiency tests such as TOEFL, IELTS, or the Duolingo test.
  • Applicants need to have 2 Letters of Recommendation from teachers or school counselors.
  • Furthermore, applicants must complete essay-type questions and go through an interview to complete the application process.

Graduate Admission Requirements for Stanford University

The application process and entry requirements to be considered for admission at Stanford University for graduate courses are as follows:

  • Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree (should be US equivalent).
  • The Stanford graduate program application fee is $125 or 10,324 INR.
  • Aspiring students should take standardized tests such as GRE and GMAT (for MBA courses). Applicants should also check the official department website to learn more about the need for standardized tests.
  • Proficiency in English should be demonstrated through tests such as IELTS and TOEFL.
  • Applicants are required to write a Statement of Purpose (SoP) that reflects the intangible factors of the aspirant.
  • Other entry requirements are 2-3 Letters of Recommendation, essay questions, and participating in an interview.
  • Aspirants should also provide a CV or resume with all the relevant skills and accomplishments.

Stanford University Programs

Stanford offers various highly prestigious programs across multiple disciplines and levels. Some of the most popular courses opted by students are mentioned below:

  • M.S Computer Science
  • B.A Psychology
  • Master of Business Administration (MBA)
  • M.A Economics
  • M.S Electrical Engineering
  • Master of Liberal Arts (MLA)
  • Master of Public Policy (MPP)
  • M.Sc. Computational & Mathematical Engineering
  • M.Sc. Applied Physics

Stanford University Accommodation

To facilitate the admitted students, Stanford has significantly invested in creating on-campus housing that provides the students with a sense of community and camaraderie.
Accepted students are assigned one of the eight neighborhoods as part of the Stanford experience. Each of these neighborhoods has a culmination of different housing set-ups, such as traditional dorms, Rowhouses, co-ops, and so on.

The university also offers a variety of flexible housing options to students who have partners and/or children with them. These housing options are not limited to on-campus accommodation, as the university also helps students find suitable off-campus housing alternatives.

Stanford University Course Fee

The fee required to study at Stanford University is as follows:

  • Stanford undergraduate courses have an average tuition fee of $58,416 or 48.24 Lakh INR.
  • Stanford graduate courses have an average tuition fee of $ 58,746 or 48.52 Lakh INR.
  • Engineering courses at Stanford cost about $62,580 or 51.68 Lakh INR.
  • It is important to note that the cost of courses at Stanford fluctuates depending on the course type and the number of units in the course.

Stanford University Living Expenses

To study in USA, Indian students must be financially equipped, and it is essential for students studying at Stanford to understand their living expenses to manage them effectively. The approximate cost of living (per quarter) that a student can expect while studying at Stanford is as follows:

  • Rent-$5,960 or 4.92 Lakh INR
  • Food- $2,360 or 1.94 Lakh INR
  • Transportation- $600 or 49,557 INR
  • Health Services- $251 or 20,731 INR
  • Personal- $2,810 or 2.32 Lakh INR

Stanford University Scholarships

To relieve students' financial burden, Stanford offers prospective students financial aid. Some popular scholarships that Stanford offers are:

Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship:This scholarshipis for Indian students who wish to apply to Stanford’s MBA program at the Graduate School of Business. This financial aid covers tuition and associated fees for two years while providing a stipend for living expenses.

Stanford Knight-Hennessy Scholars ProgramL: This program provides full financial coverage for graduate study at Stanford University to outstanding scholars. The program covers stipend, tuition, and other expenses while pursuing a wide array of master’s or doctoral degrees.

Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Program:This financial aid program supports Indian students during their master’s degree at Stanford. Every Indian student is eligible for this scholarship, given that they are successful in their admission. Students can get financial aid up to $50,000 from this scholarship program.

TOEFL Scholarship Programs:Under this scholarship program, the governing body of the exam offers financial aid to students from countries such as India, Japan, and China. The selection criteria are based on the TOEFL score one receives. Applicants securing 80% and above in the TOEFL exam are eligible for this program and can enjoy financial awards ranging from $10,000 to $20,000.

Other scholarship programs that students can avail are:

  • JN Tata Endowment Scholarship
  • Fullbright Scholarship
  • OPEC Fund for International Development Scholarship
  • KC Mahindra Trust Scholarship

Stanford University Placements

Stanford graduates are some of the highest-paid individuals across the globe. Furthermore, more than 90% of Stanford graduates find employment within 4 months after graduating. Stanford is a top destination for recruiters from successful companies such as American Express, Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Apple, Meta, et cetera.

The starting package of Stanford graduates is higher than the national average and depends on the course chosen by the student. The average salary of a Stanford graduate is $112,000 per annum (91.93 lakhs INR).

Study Abroad
Study in USA
Colleges & Universities
Stanford University
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants