Yale University : Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarships & Placements

Study Abroad Team 19/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Yale University is an esteemed institution in the USA recognized for its sterling achievements in the field of education. It is to be noted by the students looking to study in the USA that Yale University is the 18th-best University in the world on the QS World University Rankings. It has the 9th position on the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, making it a globally renowned university.  

The U.S. News and World Report Best Global Universities has accorded Yale University the 11th position on its list. Students from around the world, looking to study in the USA,come to this University to pursue a wide variety of courses in different domains. 

Established in 1701, this University is one of the oldest institutions that have witnessed time-turning events like the American Revolution. 

It is located in Connecticut and is a private Ivy League University. For several disciplines of study, students consider this institution to be one of the best in the USA. 

Approximately 21.6% of the students at Yale belong to foreign countries. True to its motto, “Lux et Varitus,” which translates in English to mean “Light and Truth”, the University offers wholesome knowledge and focuses on the holistic development of all students. 

With NECHE accreditation, Yale’s campus is spread over a sprawling area of 1,015 acres and is one of the best universities for international students at any point in time. 

Yale University Highlights

The following are some of the highlights of the university for students looking to study in the USA

  • Every year, Yale University welcomes around 12,000+ students to their campus. Students also secure admission to undergraduate courses, graduate courses, and research programs. Of these 12000+ students, 21.6% come from countries like India, China, UK, and more. 
  • In domains like art and humanities, science, architecture, and more, the University has been contributing generously for decades. 
  • With more than 50 Nobel Laureates and several Pulitzer winners in their list of Alumni, this University is a dream destination for many aspirants. 
  • Based on the financial requirements of the students, Yale University grants a plethora of scholarships to encourage fresh talents to pursue their knowledge quest with the University. Entitlement grants, Yale Scholarships and merit-based grants are a few varieties of financial aid that international students can apply for. 
  • Science, Mathematics, Chemistry, Cell Biology, Anthropology, Computer Science, Literature, Economics, Engineering, History, Physics, and Economics are some domains this esteemed University offers. 

Yale University Admissions 

Admission to Yale University is always competitive. A modest 5% of the total applicants finally make it to the halls of Yale. Besides consistently promising academic scorecards, international students also need SAT, ACT, and IELTS or TOEFL scores to apply to this University. 

UG Admission in Yale University

  • To get admitted to an undergraduate course at Yale, the students must apply through the University’s official website. 
  • Students applying to Yale University will have to pay $80 as an application fee if they still need to get a fee waiver grant. 
  • To submit proof of language proficiency, students need to submit TOEFL (100 or more for iBT)/IELTS (7 or more)/DET (120+)/Cambridge English Qualifications scores (185+). Additionally, for science subjects, you must also submit SAT and ACT scores.   
  • Letters of recommendation from one counselor and two are necessary.

PG Admissions in Yale University

  • To apply to graduate courses, students should apply to the relevant school or department. 
  • The application fee students need to pay for PG courses is $ 105. However, applicants can always request a fee waiver citing their financial limitations.  
  • A GPA score of at least 3.5 is necessary for admission to Yale. 
  • Letters of recommendation (2/3) will be necessary for the application process. 

Ph.D. Admissions in Yale University

  • You do not have to be a postgraduate in all domains to apply for PhD courses at Yale. For some disciplines, a PG degree may be necessary. Check the official website to know the requirements of different departments. 
  • Submission of an SOP is necessary for PH. D 
  • Students need to submit at least 3 letters of recommendation for sure
  • Submission of written sample work can be necessary for a few disciplines, but not all.
  • Submission of all report cards related to previous degrees is necessary. 

Yale University Eligibility Criteria

Getting admitted to Yale can be challenging. However, the following are the elementary requirements that every student looking to study in the USAshould remember during the application process. 

  • Academic Transcript: The University accepts academic records in English and no other language. 
  • Graded Written Paper: Students might have to submit a graded paper, written in English and assessed by a professor/teacher for specific courses. 
  • English Proficiency: For students who have attended schools or colleges where the primary medium of instruction is English, submitting the English language proficiency test score is not necessary. For the rest, these scores are mandatory. 
  • School Reports: Applicants must submit complete and final school reports to apply to any UG course. 

Pay a visit to the official website of Yale University to learn more about the application requirements for UG and PG courses. 

Yale University Programs

Yale University offers a plethora of courses encompassing a wide variety of disciplines. History, Psychology, Economics, Political Science, and Biology are among Yale's highly demanded disciplines of study. Here are a few courses at Yale that most students opt for. 

  • M.A in History
  • M. S in Psychology
  • M.S in Computer Science
  • M Arch
  • M A in Economics
  • M.A in Political Science
  • M.A in Anthropology

Yale University Accommodations

The University has different accommodation facilities for Graduate, undergraduate, and advanced graduate students looking to study in the USA. 

Students will also find affordable housing options in New Haven if they are interested in off-campus accommodation. 

Yale has a residential college campus where students from all countries find fair accommodation opportunities. First-year students mandatorily live on campus and get allotted rooms or dorms upon arrival. 

All these colleges at Yale with residential facilities offer student-friendly accommodations, including cafeterias, basketball grounds, dining halls, libraries, gyms, and other activity spaces. 

Yale University Cost 

The cost of studying at Yale University varies from course to course and domain to domain. However, Yale offers a plethora of financial aid to the students, making learning at this prestigious University also possible for international students.  

Cost of Course 

The course fee varies based on the course chosen. The tuition fee for undergraduate and graduate courses is around $ 60,000 (incl. Health Fee). However, for different courses, the cost is additional. Here is an idea about the average cost students may incur yearly to study at Yale. 

Cost of Living

  • Housing: $11,400
  • Food: $7,980
  • Transport Cost: $ 300-$5000 
  • Miscellaneous Expenses: $4,050

Yale University Scholarships

Yale University grants several financial aids that make pursuing courses in this esteemed institution feasible for international students looking to study in the USA, including Indian pupils. 

  • Yale University Scholarship: The Yale Scholarship is available for all students, US national or not, based on financial status. Students must apply for this scholarship at the time of the application, along with all the relevant documents. The scholarship will be granted if the institution finds the students deserving but financially unsound. 
  • Merit-Based Scholarship: Apart from the University, private organizations, employers, and non-profit organizations often provide Yale students with merit-based financial aid. 
  • Entitlement Grants: State agencies, the federal government, or other agencies not affiliated with Yale also offer scholarships to its students. 

Yale University Placements    

Yale University is one of the most coveted educational institutions in the USA. Therefore, the placement record of this institution is also quite impressive. All types of industries like finance, energy, consumer goods, media, manufacturing, technology, and hospitality hire from Yale. 

Companies like Accenture, PWC, Deloitte LLP, Bayer Business Consulting, McKinsey & Company, The Bridgespan Group, Inc., and more come to Yale to hire graduates.

With an average placement success rate of 96.9%, it won’t be an exaggeration to say that Yale students never struggle to get employed. The average salary earning for Yale graduates remains around $ 88,655. 

Study Abroad
Study in USA
StudyAbroad
studyinusa
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants