Hame University of Applied Sciences:

Courses, Admission, Eligibility Criteria and Placements

Study Abroad Team 26/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

One-eighty-three years ago, Häme University of Applied Sciences opened doors of opportunities for university scholars. This university has become an 8000-student community made of people from more than 60 different countries.

Since its inception in 1840, HAMK has provided the most innovative and scholar-centric applied research facilities. With exceptional, state-of-the-art learning facilities and top-notch educational techniques, HAMK is dedicated to fostering innovative ways to offer a competitive and premium-quality education solution.

Its prime goal is to assist scholars in accomplishing success on a global scale. Both during and after the course of their education, learners can reap the academic and career benefits from the university's robust global networks.

Besides excellent faculty and research programs, the university has excellent placement opportunities for pupils. A scholar pursuing a course at this university can get intriguing opportunities. 

Hame University of Applied Sciences Highlights

The prime highlights of Hame University of Applied Sciences include the following:

  • Hame University of Applied Sciences campuses are in the south of Finland, including Evo, Hämeenlinna, Lepaa, Forssa, Riihimäki, Mustiala, and Valkeakoski.
  • Häme has seven campuses and 750 teachers (and other staff members)
  • Among the 30 degree programs, six courses are offered in English.
  • The Government of Finland authorizes it.
  • University of Applied Sciences offers sports activities on campuses.

Hame University of Applied Sciences Admissions 

One can apply for the degree course to HAMK depending on the open university studies completed at Finland's University of Applied Sciences. According to the entry requirement, a bachelor's degree application with 60 credits can apply for a degree course. On the other hand, a master's candidate with 15 credits (they have 10 credits after graduation) can apply for the degree at this university.

Bachelor's Admissions

A bachelor's degree candidate must have completed 60 credits of the open studies applicable to the degree opted for. The candidate should complete their education at the Open University of Applied Sciences in Finland and apply with their unfinished bachelor's degree study.

Master's Admissions

Scholars who want to get admitted to Hame University of Applied Sciences for a master's degree in Sustainable Technologies should submit their relevant Bachelor of Engineering degree to the institute. They must have two years of work experience after completing their degree in this engineering field.

The candidate gets ten credits of open studies for the degree. ​The application process for admission depends on the applicability of open studies, academic performance, and number of credits.

Eligibility Criteria

The eligibility criteria for pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree course at this university include the following:

  • A bachelor's degree candidate must have 60 credits of open education
  • A master's degree applicant needs to have a Bachelor of Engineering (from one of the universities in the US) 
  • Alternatively, master's degree applicants outside Finland need to have two years of work experience after graduation 

Hame University of Applied Sciences Programs

Most Indian international scholars undergo the application process to enroll their name in one of these courses:

  • BBA in Computer Applications
  • BEng in Construction Engineering
  • MBA in Business Management and Entrepreneurship

Being one of the top universities in Finland, the university also offers these bachelor's degree educational programs conducted in English for International scholars:

  • Bachelor's in Construction Engineering ​
  • Bachelor's in Computer Applications
  • Bachelor's in Electrical and Automation Engineering
  • Bachelor's in International Business
  • Bachelor's in Smart and Sustainable Design 
  • Bachelor's in Information and Communication Technology, Bioeconomy
  • Bachelor's in Smart Organic Farming and more

International scholars who have expertise in Finnish reading and writing can take a bachelor's course in any of these subjects:

  • Biotechnology and Food Engineering
  • Agricultural and Rural Industries
  • Business Information Technology
  • Business Administration
  • Design
  • Electrotechnology and Automation Engineering
  • Equine Business Management
  • Sustainable Development
  • Horticulture
  • Information and Communication Technology
  • Landscape Design and Construction
  • Public Health Nursing
  • Forestry
  • Nursing
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Social Services​
  • Traffic and Transport Management

Applicants who want to pursue a postgraduate degree from this university conducted in English can get these options owing to the excellent faculty:

  • Management in Sustainable Business
  • Master's in Sustainable Technologies

As one of the prestigious Finland universities for international students, HAMK offers some master's degree programs in Finnish, including the ones mentioned below:

  • Bioeconomy Solutions 
  • Construction and Environmental Engineering
  • Social and Healthcare Development
  • Business Development and more

Hame University of Applied Sciences Accommodations

Hame University of Applied Sciences applicants can get accommodation services from the official portal. The university recommends new candidates look for accommodation within three months before relocating. Since student accommodation is limited, the university cannot promise student apartments to everyone.

No family accommodation services are offered at the university. Besides student apartments, there are private rental apartments (usually more expensive). These flats don't include lamps, internet, or electricity. So, a scholar needs to book these services separately, increasing their monthly expenses. 

HAMK has student apartments on the Mustiala, Lepaa, and Evo campuses, and these apartments are the best and most realistic option for students studying on these campuses. On the other hand, dormitories are for individual students (excluding family members).

For exchange students (students from one of the partner universities) completing an internship at HAMK for 1-2 semesters, HAMK can arrange the apartment. So, the scholar needs to notify the university about their time of arrival beforehand. 

Hame University of Applied Sciences Cost 

Candidates who wish to study at Hame University of Applied Sciences must know the cost involved. The tuition fee for a bachelor's degree candidate is approximately €9 700 per year. However, the university offers a discount on tuition fees for 1st-year scholars, referred to as the early bird discount, i.e. €800. So, new students in their first year need to pay €8 900 instead of €9 700. The annual cost of applying for an educational program from this university is between INR 9 and INR 9.5 lakhs. 

Cost of Course 

The following are the estimated costs of the most popular courses at Hame University of Applied Sciences:

  • BBA in Computer Applications: Approximately INR 8.5 lakh
  • BEng in Construction Engineering: Approximately INR 8.5 lakh
  • MBA in Business Management and Entrepreneurship: Approximately INR 8.5 lakh

Cost of Living

Besides the cost of attending a bachelor's or master's program at Hame University of Applied Sciences, an applicant needs to have money to keep up with the cost of living:

  • Accommodation: Approximately €400 (may vary)
  • Food: €3,20/meal (€70/month)
  • Miscellaneous costs such as mobile phone charges, clothing, etc.: Approximately €50 to €100 per month

Hame University of Applied Sciences Scholarships

HAMK offers two scholarships (one for the bachelor's degree and another for the master's degree):

Bachelor's Scholarship

Scholars will be rewarded with a scholarship twice during their academic course, depending on their progress and Finnish language skills. They get 60 ECTS credits per educational year. Finnish language proficiency is based on examination results.

The CERF level-A2 scholarship is €3 200. A candidate pursuing an undergraduate degree can gain level A2 by studying Finnish language at the university. No such instructions are there for master's degree students.

Master's Degree Scholarship

Another scholarship is €6 500, paid once at the earliest after the 2nd educational year. If the ambitious candidate receives Scholarship 1, they might be awarded with Scholarship 2 after their second year.

Hame University of Applied Sciences Placements 

Career support and guidance at the educational institute are available from erudite counselors, professors, recruitment professionals, employers, and alumni. Hame University of Applied Sciences offers extensive support for aspirants who wish to get excellent placement opportunities in Finland. The university's English degree programs offer work placements for around 30 credits.

Scholars must complete their practical studies during their academic course. There are work placement opportunities related to the academic courses. Hame University of Applied Sciences offers HAMK Talents, a digital recruitment and career service that seamlessly allows HAMK aspirants to find jobs.

Other Universities in Finland that you might be interested are as follows,

Study Abroad
Study in Finland
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants