Satakunta University of Applied Sciences: Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements

Study Abroad Team 26/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Many higher education aspirants from India and many other countries choose Finland to fulfill their dream of studying abroad. One of Finland’s top-rated higher education institutes is Satakunta University of Applied Sciences, which ensures the ideal environment that facilitates students remarkably. Over the years, this Finnish higher education institute, founded in 1997, has become more popular among international students. 

Satakunta University of Applied Sciences is one of the most prestigious universities in Finland. It maintains an international education standard, so the number of students from other countries securing admission to this institute is increasing. SAMK is renowned for providing exceptional facilities to students who pursue different undergraduate and postgraduate courses.

At present, around 6,700 students study at Satakunta University of Applied Sciences. Over 700 students from nearly 60 countries have secured direct admission to SAMK or are studying here as a part of an exchange program. It is one of Finland's top-ranked higher education institutes, and the Ministry of Education of Finland has accredited all UG and PG programs.

Satakunta University of Applied Sciences Highlights

  • International students consider Satakunta University of Applied Sciences one of Europe’s top universities of applied sciences.
  • This international higher education institution is located in the Satakunta region, one of Finland's picturesque coastal areas. The SAMK campuses are in the scenic towns of Rauma and Pori. 
  • SAMK offers bachelor’s degrees in prominent fields of study, including business, administration and law, health and welfare, manufacturing and construction, and engineering. It provides comprehensive courses of study to improve the condition of the regional job market.
  • SAMK has prioritized the highest standard of education since its inception, besides focusing on innovation, research, and development activities, which foster industrial restructuring. The region of Satakunta has incredibly versatile industrial and economic opportunities. 
  • SAML's mission is to ensure that every student can find their coveted jobs and accomplish their professional goals. The Finnish institution's highly qualified and experienced teaching faculty helps enrich students’ skills and equip them with an entrepreneurial mindset.
  • Everyone studying at Satakunta University of Applied Sciences receives first-hand experience cooperating with different businesses and organizations on multiple projects. Students get the opportunity to implement the classroom theories effectively in practice.

Satakunta University of Applied Sciences Admission

Satakunta University of Applied Sciences admits around 700 international students every year. Everyone who wants to secure admission to this reputed higher education institute must conduct the application process flawlessly. Indian students and those from other countries make up only a tiny percentage of the total student body of SAMK.

The different faculties of this Finnish higher education include Service, Business and Technology, Health and Welfare, and Logistics and Maritime Technology. SAMK stands out because it is the only accredited university in Finland that offers more than 1000 new study places in over thirty-degree courses.

Interested applicants should check out the official site of the university before applying. Doing so can help acquire updated information about the application and entry requirements procedure.

Undergraduate Admission to Satakunta University of Applied Sciences

Many international students pursue undergraduate courses at Satakunta University of Applied Sciences. In total, it offers 25 bachelor’s degree programs. Meeting the admission requirements has to be the prime objective of every international student interested in applying to a bachelor’s degree program.

  • Interested UG applicants have to apply online through the official university portal.
  • Submitting academic transcripts is a must for every applicant applying to a UG program.
  • Applicants need to submit a copy of their higher secondary examination result or equivalent.
  • Non-native English-speaking applicants must prove their English language proficiency. So, scoring at least 80 in TOEFL and 6.5 in IELTS is necessary.
  • Uploading all required documents along with the online application form is paramount. 
  • Paying the UG course application fee is a must for all applicants.

Interested applicants must adhere to the documentation guidelines when applying for a bachelor’s or master’s degree at Satakunta University of Applied Sciences.

  • A passport copy
  • 2 passport-size photographs
  • A copy of the visa 
  • Official academic transcripts
  • Updated resume/CV
  • ID proof
  • Letter or Recommendations (LORs)
  • Statement of Purpose (SOP)

Postgraduate Admission to Satakunta University of Applied Sciences

Satakunta University of Applied Sciences offers eight master’s degree programs in total. A considerable number of students from India and other countries choose to study their coveted PG courses at SAMK. Securing enrolment is not challenging for international applicants if they successfully meet the entry requirements.

Interested postgraduate program applicants must file their application online via SAMK’s official application portal.

Obtaining marks higher than 65% in a bachelor’s degree is essential for PG course applicants.

English language proficiency is imperative for those who are not from native English-speaking countries. Such international applicants have to score above 6.0 in IELTS or 85 in TOEFL.

All necessary documents must be submitted, and the application fee is also crucial.

Eligibility Criteria

  • All international applicants pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree program at Satakunta University of Applied Sciences must apply via SAMK’s application portal.
  • Undergraduate degree program applicants need to obtain at least 65% of marks in higher secondary exams or equivalent to boost their possibility of securing admission.
  • Postgraduate degree program applicants have to secure at least 60% of marks in a relevant bachelor’s degree program to compel the esteemed Finnish institute to give admission.
  • Achieving above 6.5 in IELTS or 90 in TOEFL matters immensely for non-native English-speaking international applicants to prove their expertise in the English language.
  • All crucial documents need to be submitted when applying online for a bachelor’s or master’s degree program is essential for every candidate. 
  • Paying the required amount as an application fee when submitting the documents and the application form online is imperative.

Satakunta University of Applied Sciences Top Programs

  • Bachelor of Maritime Management
  • Bachelor of Hospitality Management
  • Bachelor of Business Administration
  • Bachelors in Engineering and Technology
  • Master’s in Information Technology
  • Master’s in Engineering and Technology
  • Master’s in Business Management and Entrepreneurship
  • Master’s in Art, Design and Media

Satakunta University of Applied Sciences Accommodation

The demand for on-campus housing among international students who secure admission to Satakunta University of Applied Sciences remains high at the start of an academic year. Applying earlier for one of the SAMK students' apartments is essential. Off-campus accommodation options are also available in huge numbers and are too close to this university's campuses.

Satakunta University of Applied Sciences Cost

International students who apply for a bachelor’s degree program at SAMK have to pay 9,500 EUR every academic year, and the annual tuition fee for a master’s degree program is 10,500 EUR.

Cost of Living in Finland

International students living and studying in a distinguished university like SAMK in Finland must spend 300-500 EUR monthly for accommodation, food, and transportation.

Satakunta University of Applied Sciences Scholarship

International students from non-EU and non-EEA nations are eligible for the Satakunta University of Applied Sciences Scholarship program.

  • Early Bird Scholarship – 1500 EUR
  • Success in Studies Scholarship – 50% of the paid tuition fee
  • Finnish Language Skills Scholarship – 1500 or 3000 EUR
  • Student Ambassador Scholarship – 200-500 EUR

Satakunta University of Applied Sciences Placements

Most Satakunta University of Applied Sciences graduates find employment in diverse sectors within a few months post-graduation. Lucrative and rewarding job opportunities are available for students in multiple domains, which include health care, business, technology, tourism, and social services. The average annual remuneration of a SAMK graduate is 45,500 EUR.

Other Universities in Finland that you might be interested are as follows,

Study Abroad
Study in Finland
Satakunta University of Applie
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants