Study in Finland: Admissions, Fees, Scholarships and many more

Top Universities, Courses, Scholarships, Course Fees and Job Opportunities

Study Abroad Team 26/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

The University of Tampere, established in 1925, was known as the Civic College in Helsinki. It was famous for its unmatched expertise in teaching organization management, public administration, and journalism. A good percentage of international students who aspire to be in the technological or technical field consider Finland to be the perfect study-abroad destination at present.

One of Finland’s top-rated higher education institutes is Tampere University of Technology. Currently, it is home to more than 21,000 students, which include natives as well as those from India and several other nations. This reputed university has been playing a crucial role in taking Finland’s standard of higher education to the next level. 

Tampere University of Technology is well renowned for its exceptional teaching faculty and commendable research activities. This prestigious Finnish higher education institution collaborates with hundreds of colleges, universities, and organizations across the globe. 

Tampere University of Technology stands at 301st position on the latest THE World University Rankings list. It is ranked 436th on the QS World University Rankings 2024. ACCSB, EPAS, and EQUIS are some prominent bodies that have accredited this esteemed Finnish institute.

Tampere University of Technology Highlights

  • Tampere University of Technology has accomplished a lot since its establishment, which is why the history of this institute is quite rich. It is the most popular multidisciplinary university in Finland.
  • The faculty at Tampere University of Technology is responsible for producing, on average, 3600 publications based on science and technology. Nearly 32% of these publications represent the leading or top level.
  • The academic environment on the campus of this Finnish higher education institute is ideal for students and teachers. Moreover, state-of-the-art infrastructure and well-equipped laboratories and libraries help contribute significantly to students’ performance.
  • Tampere University of Technology consists of prominent research centers, which include the Center for Wireless Communication and the Signal Processing Laboratory. It partners with top-ranked companies in Finland and other countries to facilitate students to network with their potential employers.
  • Tampere University has seven faculties in total, besides a teacher learning school, a language center, and the Tampere University Hospital. 
  • The alums of Tampere University of Technology include two ex-prime ministers and one finance minister of Finland. 
  • This Finnish university is affiliated with UArtic, EUA, ECIU, UNIMED and SGroup.  

Tampere University of Technology Admission

Tampere University of Technology boasts over 21,000 students, out of which more than 1,000 are international students. So, students from India and other nations make up only 5% of the total student body of this institute. The higher education institute offers various undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs. 

Securing admission to this top-ranked university is relatively easy for any international student if they complete the online application process correctly and meet the entry requirements. Only a 10% acceptance rate of Tampere University of Technology makes it very selective when it comes to admitting students.

Visiting the official portal of the university can be immensely helpful for students. They can gain explicit knowledge of the university’s requirements they need to fulfil to secure admission as well as the last date of application. 

Undergraduate Admission to Tampere University of Technology

Many international students pursue various bachelor’s degree programs at Tampere University of Technology. Meeting the entry requirements must be the priority of every interested UG program applicant. 

  • Applicants must fill out and submit the form online via the university portal.
  • Each interested UG course applicant has to submit their official academic transcripts
  • Completing the 12th standard with a pass certificate or equivalent is essential for UG program applicants
  • Proving proficiency in the English language is a must for every applicant who is a non-native English speaker.
  • Submitting a copy of all crucial documents along with the application form online is necessary.

Here’s what an applicant has to submit when applying for a UG or a PG course at this Finnish institute.

  • A copy of the passport
  • Two passport photographs
  • Student visa copy 
  • ID proof
  • Updated resume/CV
  • Academic transcripts
  • Statement of Purpose (SOP)
  • Letter or Recommendations (LORs)

Every UG program applicant has to pay 114 EUR as an application fee, which is non-refundable.

Postgraduate Admission to Tampere University of Technology

Tampere University of Technology offers different programs at the postgraduate level. Many Indian students, as well as a lot of those who hail from other countries, pursue one or the other PG courses at this eminent university in Finland. Fulfilling the entry requirements must be the sole objective of every student who wants to pursue a master’s degree program. 

  • Students who want to do a postgraduate course must apply for it online via the official portal of the university
  • It is a must to secure more than 65% of aggregate marks in a relevant undergraduate degree program
  • English language proficiency is imperative, which is why applicants need to obtain at least 85 in TOEFL and 6.0 in IELTS
  • Uploading all required documents is a must when submitting the application form online
  • Paying 114 EUR is necessary for every student who applies for a postgraduate degree course.

Eligibility Criteria

  • All international students who want to pursue a UG or PG program at Tampere University of Technology need to apply through the university’s application portal.
  • UG course applicants have to secure at least 70% of aggregate marks in higher secondary examinations or equivalent to increase their chances of obtaining admission.
  • PG program applicants must achieve at least 60% of aggregate marks to improve their potential of getting enrolment in a coveted PG program in this distinguished Finnish university.
  • Candidates who hail from countries where citizens do not speak English have to prove their English language proficiency. So, scoring above 6.5 in IELTS or 90 in TOEFL is of paramount importance.
  • Submitting all primary documents during online application for an undergraduate degree course or postgraduate degree course is imperative for all applicants. 
  • Making the payment of the correct application fee online is also a must for candidates.

Tampere University of Technology Top Programs

Tampere University of Technology has all these faculties: the Faculty of Management and Business, the Faculty of Information Technology and Communication Sciences, the Faculty of Medicine and Health Technology, the Faculty of Social Sciences, the Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences, and the Faculty of Built Environment.

  • BSc in Computing and Electrical Engineering
  • BSc in Technology Sustainable Urban Development
  • MSc in Engineering Materials Science
  • MSc in Biomedical Technology
  • MSc in Data Science
  • MSc in Statistical Data Analytics
  • MSc in Signal Processing and Machine Learning

Tampere University of Technology Accommodation

Tampere University of Technology doesn’t have dedicated on-campus dorms for its international students. However, students get housing facilities if they get in touch with the leading housing provider, which is TOAS. This foundation provides international students with high-quality dormitories at a reasonable price. Off-campus accommodation options in Tampere are also available for students who are from different nations.

 Tampere University of Technology Cost

This Finnish public research university requires students who are not from EU/EEA nations to pay around 11,500 EUR per annum as tuition fees. The yearly cost for a UG or a PG program at this institute ranges from 6,500 to 12,000 EUR.

Cost of Living in Tampere

Students from India and other countries who live in Tampere, Finland, for higher education purposes have to bear around 1000 EUR every month for living, food, travel, and miscellaneous expenses. 

Tampere University of Technology Scholarships

Tampere University of Technology awards scholarships to international students with impressive academic records. Applying for the Tampere University Scholarships Program earlier is advisable for applicants. One can also apply for the Finland Scholarship Program and Tampere University International Advancement Scholarship.

Tampere University of Technology Placements

The Tampere University of Technology provides graduates with research as well as employment opportunities. The leading Finnish institute has maintained a pretty good placement rate as most graduates bag a high-paying job at reputable companies within a few months of graduation. A TUT graduate who works as an IT and Software Development Specialist earns 77,500 EUR-84,400 EUR yearly.

Other Universities in Finland that you might be interested are as follows,

Study Abroad
Study in Finland
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants