University Of Jyvaskyla: Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements

Study Abroad Team 26/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Finland has some of the best Universities in the world. The University of Jyvaskyla is undoubtedly one of them. It is a highly prestigious educational institution that offers a multi-faculty education.  According to the QS University ranking parameters, it has secured a high position of 446 on the ranking list. On the subject-wise ranking list, this university appears within 551 and 600 based on the subject. 

When it comes to the European University ranking, it appears within the top hundred. This is one of the reasons why students across the world look forward to getting admitted to this university. 

Currently, the University has more than 14000 students enrolled in its multiple degree courses. While national students mostly enroll in UG courses, the share of international students remains significantly high for PG courses. 

Established in 1863, this one is a public university with a special focus on research. Therefore, students seeking doctoral degrees also find this educational institution perfect. 

The University of Jyvaskyla Highlights

The University of Jyvaskyla is the second-largest educational institution in Finland and houses thousands of students.  

  • This university is mainly well known for adult education and teacher training. 
  • The University of Jyvaskyla has three campus areas to accommodate all its departments.
  • Information technology, Physics, Psychology, Mathematics, Education, etc., are a few fields of study at the University of Jyvaskyla that international students aspire to join.  
  • Sports and health education are prevalent here. 
  • This institution emphasizes research-based learning. 

University of Jyvaskyla Admissions 

The University of Jyvaskyla offers multiple courses in English that international students can pursue. The admission process for these courses generally starts in January.

International students should check the university's website carefully and regularly to avoid missing the dates. 

University of Jyvaskyla -UG Admission

  • The University begins the admission process in January for the autumn session (starting in August). 
  • If admission to any course remains subject to online interviews, the same might occur in March. 
  • By April, the University will publish the list of selected candidates for different courses.  
  • International students do not have to pay any charges or fees to apply for any course.  

University of Jyvaskyla -PG Admissions 

  • International students should use the university’s official website to apply for any PG course. 
  • Every year, the University begins the PG admission process in January for the class of August. 
  • Applying to any courses does not remain associated with payment of the admission fee. 
  • Students should visit Studyinfo. f carefully before applying to any course online.  

University of Jyvaskyla -Ph.D. Admissions 

  • For admission to any doctoral course, different departments of studies put across different sets of requirements. 
  • PhD admission might come with a salaried position as well. 
  • For PhD admission, students might have to submit LORs and SOPs. 
  • Check the official portal carefully to learn about the department-specific requirements.

Eligibility Criteria

Thousands of international students apply to the University of Jyvaskyla to pursue a UG, PG, or doctoral course in Finland. The University of Jyvaskyla is a research-oriented institution ideal for those who aspire to gain in-depth knowledge of any subject.  

  • Language Proficiency Test: International students from non-English speaking countries require an English Language Proficiency certificate to apply to the UG, PG, and doctoral courses at the University of Jyvaskyla. IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, and TOEFL iBT are a few certificates this prestigious University accepts. For the scores needed in these tests to apply here, check studyinfo. fi. 
  • Academic Requirements: International students must submit their academic records and transcripts in English only for admission to PG or UG courses. If the student scores high in the previous examination from a recognized institution, securing admission becomes easier. 

University of Jyvaskyla Programs

The University of Jyvaskyla is a multi-faculty institution that offers UG and PG courses in several domains. The following are a few such courses offered by this University. 

  • MDP in Artificial Intelligence
  • MDP in Banking.
  • MDP in International Finance.
  • MDP in Environmental Sciences.
  • MDP in Biological Sciences.
  • MDP in Chemistry 
  • MDP in Circular Economy 
  • MDP in Corporate Communication
  • Master’s Degree in Digital Marketing 
  • MDP in Educational Sciences
  • MDP in Information Systems
  • MDP in Music & Science
  • MDP in Nanoscience
  • MDP in Health & Well-being
  • MDP in Physics

The University of Jyvaskyla Accommodations

International students would need suitable accommodation to pursue a course at the University Of Jyvaskyla. The University offers two types of housing facilities. However, students have to apply for these facilities in advance. 

KOAS or Central Finland Student Housing Foundation

KOAS apartments are well-equipped with all facilities, such as laundry rooms, common rooms, sauna, and storage rooms. Students must pay rent for the first month to book a room here. 

Also, they have to pay a processing fee, which is a non-refundable charge. These KOAS buildings are spread across the town area and can accommodate almost 4000 students.  

Soihtu Housing - Kortepohja Student Village  

This is a part of the students' union of the university. The main campus is almost 2.5 kilometers away from these buildings. The apartments here also feature facilities like a gym, sauna, reading rooms, and more. Every room here has a high-speed internet connection. 

For autumn semester admission, the rush remains quite high; consequently, getting suitable accommodation can be difficult. Students should apply to KOAS and other options before August.  

University of Jyvaskyla Cost 

A wide variety of students willing to study at the University of Jyvaskyla do not pay any tuition fee for UG, PG, or Doctoral courses. The following is a list of categories of students who enjoy this benefit. 

  • Exchange students 
  • Students pursuing courses taught in Finnish 
  • British students who have entered Finland before 2021
  • People with EU residential permits or citizenship
  • Students from Switzerland and other EU countries
  • International students who do not qualify under any of these categories remain subject to paying course fees. 

Cost of Course 

For UG and PG courses, students who qualify for tuition fees might have to pay 10000 to 12000 euros per semester. For different departments and courses, the cost may vary. Therefore, international students should check Studyinfo.fi for more details. 

Cost of Living

  • Transport Cost: 100 Euro 
  • Housing: 400 Euro
  • Food: 200 Euro
  • Miscellaneous 100 Euro

University of Jyvaskyla Scholarships

Studying at the University of Jyvaskyla can be financially challenging for many aspirants without scholarships. 

However, the University offers many scholarships to deserving students, often covering the tuition fee entirely. Below are a few such scholarships that make studying at this University affordable for international students. 

JYU Scholarship

This one is a university-controlled scholarship. The rector of the institution chooses the awardees carefully. All students who apply for it eventually get it if they qualify. 

This one covers half of the tuition fee for 2 years (PG). But, to get this scholarship for the 2-nd year in a row, students must keep their credits high. 

Finland Scholarship

This national scholarship is awarded to each discipline's most brilliant applicant every year. The recipient of this scholarship enjoys complete tuition fee coverage with an additional sum of 5000 euros. 

To get this scholarship in the 2-nd year, the student has to keep the credit at least 55. However, Finland Scholarship recipients do not qualify for the JYU scholarship. 

University of Jyvaskyla Placements    

As one of the top global Universities, this esteemed institution prepares all its students for the larger market. Therefore, students of this University find ample job opportunities everywhere in the world. 

Especially in Finland, almost every company and organization hire students from the University of Jyvaskyla. 

Finding a job after completing a course at this educational institution can never be challenging. Students can join jobs, start businesses, or enroll for doctoral courses after their PG degree. 

Other Universities in Finland that you might be interested are as follows,

Study Abroad
Study in Finland
University of Jyvaskyla
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants