University of Vaasa: Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements

Study Abroad Team 26/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

The University of Vaasa is one of Finland's most prominent business universities. It was initially established in 1968 as the school of economics. In 1980, it was rechristened the school of higher education. The university derived its present name in 1991. As one of the best universities in Finland, it attracts a sizeable number of international students.

The School of Accounting and Finance, the School of Marketing, the School of Management, and the School of Marketing are the four academic divisions. The University of Vaasa attracts more than 200 international students each year. The main campus of this university is located near the Gulf of Bothnia. 

The University of Vaasa is a multi-disciplinary university. This university's strategic research areas are management, sustainable development, and economic decision-making. The accredited business and technology programs attract students from around the globe. 

As per the World University Rankings, the University of Vaasa ranks 400th. The Young University Rankings ranks this university in the 72nd position. It is ranked 114th by the Europe University Rankings.   

The University of Vaasa Highlights

  • As one of the top Finland universities for international students, the University of Vaasa has numerous accolades. This university's key highlights that Indian students should know before applying. 
  • The University of Vaasa ranks third as one of the most research-oriented universities. In terms of other parameters, it ranks 7th overall. 
  • The university uses three multi-disciplinary research platforms to address challenges facing the society. 
  • Degrees related to business studies at the University of Vaasa are EFMD accredited. 
  • The language of instruction for international students in most courses is English. Therefore, Indian students won't face any type of difficulty while pursuing their degree from the University of Vaasa.   
  • The buildings on the university's campus were mainly planned in 1860. 
  • The academic library of Tritonia is the university's primary library. 
  • The entire University of Vaasa campus is located near the waterfront.   

University of Vaasa Admissions

UG Admission to the University of Vaasa

The University of Vaasa has two application processes annually: rolling admission and joint admission. In rolling admission, the university accepts applications from candidates with a higher educational degree from outside Finland. 

  • The joint application round is for applicants with previous degrees from inside or outside Finland. Here are the things to know about UG admission to the University of Vaasa. 
  • Students should submit certified copies of their academic transcripts during admission.  
  • Applicants should secure 6 in IELTS and 80 in TOEFL iBT to apply to the University of Vaasa. 
  • Students should submit two letters of reference while using.  
  • Applicants should provide suitable documents to prove their exemption from tuition fees.  

PG Admission to the University of Vaasa

The eligibility for a Master's at the University of Vaasa is assessed based on the applicant's previous education. Listed are the entry requirements for Indian students interested in pursuing their postgraduate studies at this Finnish university. 

  • Students should have an applicable lower university degree like a bachelor's. 
  • Candidates can also have an applicable polytechnic degree from a recognized institution. 
  • Applicants must score 6 in IELTS, 92 in TOEFL iBT, and 54 in PTE Academic.  
  • Based on the PG program, students should also submit their GRE and GMAT scores. 
  • It is crucial for students to submit at least two letters of recommendation during the time of admission.  

PhD Admission to the University of Vaasa

As one of the best Finland universities for international students, the University of Vaasa is preferred by Indian students for PhD programs. Usually, there are two application periods for doctoral studies at this university. Here are the entry requirements for PhD studies at the University of Vaasa. 

  • Students should have a postgraduate degree. 
  • The university analyzes the quality and the feasibility of the research plan. 
  • Applicants should maintain a GPA of 3.5/5 in their Master's degree. 
  • Academic transcripts translated into Finnish or Swedish. 
  • Candidates must secure 92 in TOEFL iBT, 6.5 in IELTS, and 62 in PTE. 

Eligibility Criteria

The acceptance rate of the University of Vaasa is 20%. So, students should be careful while applying for academic programs at this university. Besides submitting to the right universities, Indian students should have an average GPA of 3 out of 5 in their academic career. 

University of Vaasa Programs

Here are the programs offered by the University of Vaasa in Finland.

  • Bachelor's in Finance 
  • Bachelor's in Industrial Management 
  • Bachelor's in Strategic Business Development 
  • Bachelor's in Industrial System Analytics 
  • Master's in Smart Grids 
  • Master's in Strategic Management 
  • Master's in Autonomous Systems 
  • Master's in International Business 

University of Vaasa Accommodations

Most candidates apply for the Vaasa Student Housing Foundation (VOAS) housing facilities. The VOAS is known for providing high-quality apartments to international students. Currently, it provides accommodation for more than 3700 students. The student accommodation facilities are located in several corners of the city.  

University of Vaasa Cost

Indian students should pay application and tuition fees to study at the University of Vaasa. Moreover, the application fee for bachelor's and master's programs varies. So, candidates should know about the exact application fee before applying. The tuition fees range from INR 10 lakhs to INR 14 lakhs. 

Cost of Course

Here is the approximate cost of the course at the University of Vaasa. 

  • Master's in Finance – INR 15 lakhs 
  • MSc in Economics – INR 12 lakhs 
  • MSc in Smart Grids – INR 9 lakhs 
  • Bachelor's in Business Development – INR 10 lakhs 

Cost of Living

Before applying to the University of Vaasa, Indian students must know about Finland's monthly cost of living. Here are the monthly expenses for international students applying to the University of Vaasa. 

  • Rent – INR 25,000 to INR 40,000
  • Food – INR 14,000 to INR 23,000
  • Miscellaneous – INR 13,500 to INR 19,000

University of Vaasa Scholarships

The University of Vaasa offers various types of scholarships to make it easy for students. Applicants should choose the scholarship option in the application form to be considered eligible. Moreover, the scholarships offered by the university are a part of the Finland Scholarship Program. 

  • Students can apply for the Finland Scholarship Program. It offers a 100% tuition fee waiver for first-year postgraduate students. Moreover, students will receive a grant of EUR 5000 in their Finnish bank account. 
  • Indian students can also apply for the International Excellence Scholarship. However, this scholarship is for postgraduate students. The applicant's GPA must be 4 out of 5 to be eligible for this scholarship. This scholarship is granted as a first-year tuition fee waiver. 

University of Vaasa Placements       

The University of Vaasa is one of the most popular universities in Finland, as it actively guides students to seek job opportunities. The university also organizes training on academic work-life skills. Students can learn about placements and internships during their studies. 

Moreover, the University of Vaasa collaborates with external agencies to ensure students have good job opportunities. A University of Vaasa postgraduate student will secure a job with an annual average package of INR 55 lakhs. The academic programs at the University of Vaasa are listed with their average annual pay.

  • PhD – INR 65 lakhs 
  • Bachelor's – INR 44 lakhs 
  • Master's – INR 55 lakhs

Other Universities in Finland that you might be interested are as follows,

Study Abroad
Study in Finland
University of Vaasa
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants