Kristiania University College:

Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements

Study Abroad Team 25/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Nestled in the chilly lands of Norway, Kristiania University College is a prominent and prestigious university of higher education, offering students looking to study in Norway an innovative and active learning environment. Founded in 1914, this institute is one of the oldest universities in Norway, with sprawling campuses in Oslo and Bergen. The university also offers online courses to facilitate distance learning. 

As per EduRank rankings of 2023, the university was ranked #16 out of the 29 prominent universities in Norway, #940 out of 2,785 universities in Europe, and a worldwide ranking of #3207. Today, Kristiania University College is an accredited institution with more than 18,000 enrolled students in their diverse programs.  

Below are complete details on the college’s programs, admission criteria, application process, tuition fee, accommodation costs, placement opportunities, and more.  

Kristiania University College, Oslo Highlights 

This college offers several unique features and opportunities that make it one of the most demanded colleges in Oslo. Below are some Kristiania University College facts and figures that set it apart from other colleges tostudy in Norway. 

  • In 2017, Westerdals Oslo ACT and Kristiania University College merged. Furthermore, in September 2017, The Norwegian College of Musical Theatre and The Norwegian University College of Dance joined Kristiania University College. 
  • The university provides programs in diverse areas of study, such as information technology, games, design, film, dance, and theatre.  
  • Kristiana Professional College is an integral part of KUC that offers vocational programs and courses in communication, design, and technology.  
  • The university offers the most significant community within HR and robust programs in Marketing, Information Technology, Health Sciences, and many more diverse fields.  
  • The university also offers exchange programs for international students in almost all areas of study.  
  • While the centrally located main campus in Oslo provides English-taught classes, the Bergen campus is open for Scandinavian-speaking students.  

Kristiania University College, Oslo Admissions 

 The college offers programs for undergraduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. levels in diverse areas of study. As of now, the overall acceptance rate of the college is around 75-80%, which makes the university not very competitive. This percentage is subject to change depending on the program and degree level chosen by the student.  

 Furthermore, Kristiania University College welcomes international students looking tostudy in Norway to its Oslo campus. Below are some basic entry requirements Indian students must meet to be eligible to study in this reputed institute.  

Admission Eligibility Requirements for Kristiania University College, Norway 

The following are some of the admission eligibility requirements of the university for students looking to study in Norway :

  •  Applicants must submit their documentation digitally via MySpace. Any other documents uploaded on any third-party platform will not be entertained. 
  • For applicants residing outside EU/EEA/Switzerland, the deadline for submitting applications is March 15th.  
  • Students must have the necessary documents, such as a copy of their passport, study permit, and student visa.  
  • International students must also submit appropriate proof of financial resources that would ultimately fund their education for as long as the program lasts.  
  • Furthermore, students outside of Scandinavian countries must also document proof of proficiency in English via valid and globally accepted English language tests. 
  • For students pursuing master’s programs, a bachelor’s degree proof from an accredited college with a minimum grade point average of C is required.  
  • Students pursuing postgraduate programs must also submit a letter of motivation (no more than 500 words) and their high school diploma/school certificate.  
  • Any program-specific requirements must be thoroughly taken into consideration. Applicants can check all such information at the official university website. 

 Kristiania University College, Norway Programs 

Kristiania University provides several diverse programs in the English language for international students to be able to study here. Below are some of the most popular English-taught programs offered by KUC that are opted by many Indian students.  

  • AI for Cyber Security 
  • Applied Computer Science – Software Integration 
  • Cyber Security  
  • Data Science 
  • Digital Entrepreneurship 
  • Experience-based master's in cyber security 
  • Human-Computer Interaction 
  • Immersive Experiences 
  • Incident Response and Investigations 
  • Information Systems – Business Analytics 
  • Information Systems – Digital Marketing 
  • Mobile Computing and the Internet of Things 
  • Music Business 
  • PhD in Applied Information Technology 
  • PhD in Computer and Leadership 

 Kristiania University College, Norway Accommodation 

The following are some of the accomodation facilities in the University for students looking to study in Norway:

  • The university provides limited reserved housing units in partnership with SiO (Student Welfare Organization of Oslo). Therefore, students must be quick to reserve their bookings if they want to leverage out of the university’s residential plans. 
  • Students starting in the autumn semester must apply before June 1st, while those enrolling in the spring semester must apply by November 1st. 
  • However, if the limited housing gets occupied, students will be assigned units based on citizenship and the distance from their home institution to Oslo. 
  • In case of more questions regarding housing near Kristiania University College, students must contact the university authorities directly to receive accurate and up-to-date information. 

Kristiania University College, Norway Costs 

Below are some brief details about the tuition fees and accommodation costs one can expect when studying at Kristiania University College as an Indian student.  

Course Fee  

  • The tuition fee for KUC is invoiced in two installments. Students can expect to pay for the first half in around August-September and the second half by January-February. 
  • For most courses taught in the English language, students can expect an annual cost of anywhere between NOK 72,000 to NOK 102,400.  
  • For programs that last more than a year, tuition fees will be adjusted annually with regular societal price increases.  

Accommodation Costs 

  • Since Norway is an expensive country to live in, Indian students must be prepared to spend considerable time on their accommodation.  
  • Housing options and accommodation alone cost around 4500 to 9000 NOK every month. 
  • Besides, other expenses like food, transportation, and miscellaneous expenses cost around 12000-14000 NOK. 
  • It is important to note that accommodation costs are subject to change, depending upon living conditions and a student’s flexibility in their budget or how much they spend on leisure activities. 

Kristiania University College, Norway Scholarships  

  • Currently, Kristiania University College doesn’t offer any university-based scholarships, either for domestic or international students. 
  • Therefore, students are expected to be fully funded if they plan to study at this university.  
  • However, students at KUC may apply for loans and grants that the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund facilitates. 
  • Research scholarships might be provided to students pursuing doctoral programs to help them fund their thesis, provided that it is approved or recognized by the appropriate college authorities. 
  • Furthermore, Indian students can search for governmental scholarships offered by the Indian government to help fund students planning to study abroad for higher education. 

Kristiania University College, Norway Placements  

  • Students who graduate from Kristiania University College are highly sought-after by employers inside and outside of Norway. Almost all students who graduate from this reputable college are placed in top MNCs like Google, Microsoft, Accenture, Apple, Deloitte, IBM, and other substantial tech giants. 
  • While exact statistics are unavailable, the university has an overall satisfactory employment rate and focuses on providing top career opportunities to its students. However, the average salary of a candidate with a master's degree or a doctorate was 25% higher than those with a bachelor’s degree.  
  • Candidates pursuing postgraduates from Kristiania can expect a higher salary, as these candidates bring new and insightful knowledge with an undergraduate degree.  
  • Since the university is highly accredited, chances of internship recognition and employment after graduation rates are relatively high.  

Other Universities in Norway that you might be interested are,

Study Abroad
Study in Norway
StudyAbroad
studyinnorway
kristianiauniversity
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants