Norwegian University of Life Sciences:

Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements

Study Abroad Team 25/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Norway has some of the world's best higher education institutes, and the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) is one of them. This reputed institution is in As in Norway and is remarkably popular among many study abroad aspirants. The year of establishment of this university is 1859, and since then, it has been functioning as one of the prominent European universities.

The NMBU is the most sought-after among domestic and international students interested in environmental sciences, life sciences, and sustainable development. It is globally renowned for welcoming thousands of international students every academic year. It offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses in various areas. NMBU is one of the eight Norwegian universities that NOKUT accredits.

The Norwegian University of Life Sciences has secured a position between 1201 and 1400 in the latest QS World University Rankings. Also, the rank of this esteemed institute is between 301 and 350 in the QS WUR Ranking by Subject. It bagged the 601st spot in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022.

Norwegian University of Life Sciences Highlights

The research and study programs of the Norwegian University of Life Sciences enable individuals all across the globe to address and overcome varying challenges. It helps people implement strategies to tackle significant problems, including the environment, renewable energy sources, animal health, and sustainable development.

NMBU became a reputed scientific institution in 1897 and was officially awarded the status of a Norwegian university in 2005. It was considered the Agricultural University of Norway before 2005.

The academic programs adhere to technological development and foster critical analysis. These programs enable students to understand different technologies as well as cultures. The appropriate, informed ways of leveraging new digital technologies help improve the quality and custom learning environment.

NMBU plays an instrumental role in educating talented students and facilitating them to perform top-standard research activities. Such initiatives help them develop new perspectives and motivate them to innovate. 

Norwegian University of Life Sciences contributes significantly to a knowledge-oriented and open public debate. It helps boost the confidence of researchers and the public in advanced research methods and results.

Norwegian University of Life Sciences Admission

Many international students get admission to the Norwegian University of Life Sciences every year and pursue different UG or PG programs. The application process is pretty straightforward and comprises very few steps. It takes an applicant only a few minutes to complete the entire application procedure. 

The reputed university admits more than 6000 students, which include around 1000 international students. The acceptance rate of NMBU is 29%, which is considered selective to a good extent. The higher education institute allows international students to file applications for their desired programs across UG and PG levels from December to March.

Undergraduate Admission to the Norwegian University of Life Sciences

The Norwegian University of Life Sciences is popular among many study-abroad aspirants who wish to pursue higher studies in Norway's best institution. It offers a wide variety of undergraduate degree courses. Fulfilling the entry requirements is essential for UG program applicants to boost their enrollment possibilities.

In Norway, students must be educated beyond the eleventh grade before pursuing higher studies. Therefore, international applicants must complete one year of college in their countries to enroll in an undergraduate degree program at NMBU. Many opt for a preparatory program, such as the IB or A-Levels, as it is another feasible option.

  • Every applicant must file an online application for an undergraduate program through the university's application portal.
  • Submitting a copy of secondary and senior secondary results is essential for applicants.
  • A minimum aggregate of 65% is necessary in previous examinations to increase admission chances.
  • International applicants must take a standardized exam such as SAT or ACT and score well.
  • Proving English language proficiency is a must for every non-native English-speaking applicant. Therefore, one must score 6.5 in IELTS or 80 in TOEFL.

Providing some crucial documents while submitting the application form online is imperative. Here are the required documents.

  • A photocopy of the passport
  • Passport size images
  • Academic transcripts
  • Visa
  • Letter of Recommendation
  • Statement of Purpose
  • Proof of Financial Resources
  • Updated Curriculum Vitae

NMBU does not charge any fee for submitting applications for UG programs. However, there's a certain service fee that an applicant has to pay to complete the application process.

Postgraduate Admission to the Norwegian University of Life Sciences

NMBU is renowned for offering a range of postgraduate degree programs in various fields of study. The higher education institution is home to many international graduates, including Indian students who pursue different PG programs. One must meet the entry requirements to increase their potential of securing enrollment.

  • Applying for a postgraduate course online via the university's application portal is essential for international applicants.
  • Holding a bachelor's degree with at least 70% marks is paramount.
  • One must appear for a standardized test such as GMAT and obtain a minimum score of 540.
  • Appearing for a recognized English language proficiency exam is a must for international applicants who are non-native English speakers. IELTS points must be 6.5, or 80 is the minimum TOEFL score.

To finish the application process for a postgraduate degree course, it is essential to submit academic transcripts and other required documents.

Eligibility Criteria

Applying for a PG or UG program requires international applicants to carry out the process online via the application portal of NMBU.

  • UG program applicants must have secondary and senior secondary certificates with at least 65% aggregate.
  • PG applicants must hold an undergraduate degree with at least an aggregate of 70%.
  • Taking a standardized exam like the ACT or SAT is necessary for UG course applicants, and PG program applicants must appear for the GMAT exam.
  • International applicants must score well in IELTS or TOEFL to prove their English language proficiency.
  • Providing all necessary documents is essential for every domestic and international applicant for a UG or PG program.

Norwegian University of Life Sciences Top Programs

  • Politics and International Studies
  • Agriculture and Forestry
  • Veterinary Science
  • Architecture
  • Civil Engineering
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Business and Management
  • Accounting and Finance

Norwegian University of Life Sciences Accommodation

International applicants who secure admission to the Norwegian University of Life Sciences can choose between on-campus and off-campus accommodation options. The University Foundation for Student Life provides on-campus housing options, which is why international students must apply for accommodation. 

International students who want to enjoy freedom while pursuing higher studies in Norway usually opt for private housing options in locations near the university. One must start searching for off-campus housing before boarding the flight to find the most suitable choice.

Norwegian University of Life Sciences Cost

One who pursues a bachelor's degree program at NMBU may be required to pay between 7,500 – 9,500 NOK per year. On the other hand, international students who enrolled in a master's degree program at this renowned university may have to bear 9,500-20,500 NOK per annum.

Cost of Living in Norway

The standard of living, as well as the quality of life in Norway, is pretty high. So, one has to bear a good amount of money every month while staying and studying in this Nordic country. An international student may be required to spend anywhere between 840 – 1800 NOK monthly. 

Norwegian University of Life Sciences Scholarships

When admitted by the Norwegian University of Life Sciences, deserving international students qualify for the university's scholarships, grants, or financial aid. The following is a list of scholarships available to any international student who requires financial assistance to finish their desired degree programs at this institute.

  • Education Future International Scholarship
  • ACI Foundation Richard D. Stehly Memorial Scholarship
  • ServiceScape Scholarship
  • John Monash Scholarship

Norwegian University of Life Sciences Placements

Norwegian University of Life Sciences helps graduates grab excellent job opportunities that come their way. After graduating from this Norwegian higher education institute, most international students land high-paying and satisfying jobs at well-known global companies. The yearly compensation of NMBU graduates ranges from 47 482- 71 450 NOK.

Other Universities in Norway that you might be interested are,

Study Abroad
Study in Norway
Norwegian University of Life S
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants