University of Tromso: The Arctic University of Norway:

Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements

Study Abroad Team 25/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Many study-abroad aspirants choose Norway to pursue higher education. This nation is home to many top-ranked universities in the world. Norwegian higher education institutes are quite popular among thousands of international students because they offer top-quality education. University of Tromsø (UiT) The Arctic University of Norway is the 3rd largest in the country and the world's northernmost university.

The Norwegian National Assembly approved the foundation of the UiT Arctic University of Norway on 28th March 1968. Establishing a higher education institution was considered a crucial regional and educational policy achievement. Almost 10% of the total student body in this prestigious Norwegian university consists of international students. It is affiliated with the European Universities Association (EUA).

University of Tromsø (UiT) The Arctic University of Norway is Norway's most sought-after public university. This esteemed institution's latest QS World University Ranking is 577, and it secured 86th position in the QS WUR Ranking by Subject. No other research and educational institutes in Norway are as extensive and widespread as UiT.

UiT The Arctic University of Norway Highlights

  • The location of the University of Tromsø (UiT) The Arctic University of Norway is right on the Arctic edge, which is of immense global importance. The institution plays an instrumental role in exploring global problems by employing a different approach.
  • This Norwegian university addresses the exploitation of valuable Arctic resources, climate change, and environmental hazards. The venue of this university helps it contribute to the development of the Arctic region's natural environment, society, and culture.
  • University of Tromsø (UiT) The Arctic University of Norway sticks to a conventional, classical education system. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in an array of disciplines.
  • Different research centers of this institution and the programs it offers reflect the particular Arctic Norway's character.
  • UiT, The Arctic University of Norway, comprises eight faculties, including social sciences and education, humanities, medicine and health, biosciences, science and technology, fine arts, law, fisheries and economics, tourism and social services and sports.

UiT The Arctic University of Norway Admission

The application process does not require international applicants to follow multiple steps. One can complete the procedure in a few minutes. Visiting the official site to learn about the application deadlines is prudent. UiT The Arctic University of Norway gives admission to over 1500 international students annually.

The acceptance rate of this reputed institute is 14%, which is considered quite selective. Besides the spring intake, the application process for the autumn 2023 intake will begin in October, and the deadline is 15 November, 2023.

Undergraduate Admission to UiT The Arctic University of Norway

University of Tromsø (UiT) The Arctic University of Norway is more sought-after because it offers a range of undergraduate degree courses. International students applying for a UG program must meet the entry requirements to increase their chances of securing admission to this institution.

In Norway, education in schools lasts more than 11th standard. Thus, to get enrolment in an undergraduate degree program at UiT The Arctic University of Norway, international applicants have to finish one year of college in their home countries. One also has the option to pursue a preparatory program such as IB, A-Levels, etc.

  • International applicants must apply for a UG program online through the university's application portal.
  • Uploading a copy of Class 10, 11, and 12 results is vital for an international student who applies for a UG course.
  • Securing a minimum aggregate of 65% is a must in previous qualifications.
  • Students who apply to an undergraduate program must take a standardized exam such as ACT or SAT to boost their enrollment possibilities.
  • One must sit for IELTS or TOEFL and score at least 6.0 in the former or 80 in the latter to prove proficiency in the English language.

Here are some necessary documents that UG course applicants must provide when submitting the application form online.

  • Grade cards and academic transcripts
  • A photocopy of the passport
  • Passport size images
  • Visa
  • Updated Curriculum Vitae
  • Statement of Purpose
  • Letter of Recommendation
  • Proof of Financial Resources

This Norwegian public institution does not charge any fee from students applying for a UG program online.

Postgraduate Admission to UiT The Arctic University of Norway

UiT offers postgraduate courses in multiple disciplines, making this Norwegian university more popular among international graduates. Many Indians and graduates from other countries pursue different PG programs at this institute. Meeting the admission requirements is necessary to secure admission.

  • International graduates must apply for a PG course online through the university's application portal.
  • PG program applicants must have a bachelor's degree with at least 70% aggregate.
  • Obtaining a minimum score of 550 in a standardized exam such as GMAT can prove immensely helpful.
  • Proving English language proficiency requires international applicants to take a test such as IELTS or TOEFL and score well in either of these exams. TOEFL – 85| IELTS – 6.5

Providing academic transcripts and other necessary documents is imperative to complete the application process for a postgraduate degree course.

Eligibility Criteria

Meeting the entry requirements is a must for international applicants who wish to pursue a UG or PG program. UiT The Arctic University of Norway admits students after a detailed evaluation.

  • International applicants need to apply for a UG or PG course online
  • Students who apply for a UG program must provide certificates of 10th, 11th, and 12th standards.
  • International PG program applicants must hold a bachelor's degree.
  • Securing higher scores in a standardized exam such as ACT or SAT is necessary for students who apply for a UG course. International graduates who apply to a PG program must take the GMAT exam and score well in it to boost their chances of securing admission.
  • Non-native English-speaking applicants have to prove their English language proficiency. Thus, scoring at least 85 in IELTS or 6.0 and above in TOEFL is essential.
  • Providing all requisite documents is necessary for international applicants during the online submission of the UG or PG course application form at UiT.

UiT The Arctic University of Norway Top Programs

  • Bachelor of Accounting
  • Bachelor of Business Administration
  • Bachelor of Arts
  • Bachelor of Science
  • Bachelor of Media Communications
  • Masters in Marine Biotechnology
  • MS in Public Health
  • Masters in Engineering Design

UiT The Arctic University of Norway Accommodation

The housing department of UiT, The Arctic University of Norway, offers rooms on rent to international students who secure admission. The rooms are well-furnished and suitable for every student who wants to enjoy comfort and security when pursuing higher studies in Norway. Off-campus accommodation options are also available in Norway for international students.

UiT The Arctic University of Norway Cost

The yearly tuition fee for bachelor's degree programs at UiT ranges from 128, 500 – 470, 550 NOK. One enrolled in an undergraduate engineering course may be required to pay around 152, 400 NOK annually.

The annual tuition fee for a 2-year master's degree course at UiT The Arctic University of Norway is between 92 800 and 488 500 NOK. The yearly tuition fee ranges from 155, 200 – 480, 126 NOK for a 5-year postgraduate program.

Cost of Living in Norway

International students, including Indians, will have to pay around 11, 500 NOK every month while residing and studying in Norway. The expenses include accommodation, rent, food, and transportation.

UiT The Arctic University of Norway Scholarships

A considerable number of international students who secure admission to the University of Tromsø (UiT) The Arctic University of Norway become eligible for scholarships or financial assistance from the university. Some scholarships are available for every international student who needs financial support to complete their coveted degree programs at this institute.

  • Free Tuition Scholarship
  • Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
  • Education Future International Scholarship
  • Scholarship Scheme set up with UiT

UiT The Arctic University of Norway Placements

University of Tromsø (UiT) The Arctic University of Norway offers placement opportunities to its graduates. After graduation from this institute, most international students bag lucrative and rewarding jobs at renowned corporations worldwide. UiT graduates earn an average annual remuneration of 51, 520 NOK.

Other Universities in Norway that you might be interested are,

Study Abroad
Study in Norway
University of Tromsø - The Arc
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants