VID Specialized University: Ranking, Courses, Admission,Fees, Scholarship and Placements

Ranking, Courses, Admission,Fees, Scholarship and Placements

Study Abroad Team 25/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

VID Specialized University is a private, non-profit higher education school located in Norway's chilly lands. Established in 2016, the college was formed after merging four schools in Norway: The Norwegian School of Theology (MF), Diakonhjemmet University College, Harald Plass Diaconal University College, and Betanien University College. 

This prestigious college offers diverse courses for undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate-level programs in health and social sciences, educational science, management, diaconia, and theology. With an ambition to be recognized as a university by 2028, this college allows domestic and international students to explore various fields by benefitting from a more holistic approach. 

Below is a complete guide to all the necessary details that students looking to study in Norway must know about the college if they plan to enroll here, such as the application process, admission requirements, tuition and accommodation costs, scholarships offered, etc. 

VID Specialized University, Norway Highlights 

Below are some unique facts and figures about the college that might be knowledgeable information for Indian students planning to study in Norway.

  • The college incorporates over 6000 students and around 600 employees, making it one of Norway's most prominent private schools of higher education. 
  • VID Specialized University is actively dedicated to research excellence and has been contributing to several research activities around the world in its space of expertise. 
  • The letters in VID are a Norwegian acronym that translates to Specialized (Vitenskapelig), International (Internasjonal), and diaconal (diakonial). 
  • The history of VID dates to 1843 due to its diaconal and missional pioneer work, making it one of the oldest institutions of higher education in Norway. 
  • The university has 5 sprawling campuses across Norway in significant cities, including Oslo, Bergen, Stavanger, Sandnes, and Tromsø. 

 VID Specialized University, Norway Admissions 

The deemed-to-be university accepts local and international students looking to study in Norway, with the language of instruction being Norwegian. Regarding competitiveness, the college has an overall acceptance rate of around 75-80%, as per the latest statistics for 2023. It is important to note that the acceptance rate might vary based on the specific program chosen by the student and based on their nationality. 

Below are some basic entry requirements every Indian applicant must fulfill to be eligible for admission into VID Specialized University. 

Admission Eligibility Requirements for VID Specialized University, Norway 

  • Indian students looking to study in Norway and applying to any program in the institute must submit some basic documents, regardless of the course they’re applying for. These important documents include a copy of a passport with a photo, full name, date of birth, nationality, proof of English language proficiency, academic transcripts of secondary education, a supplementary application form, and a change of name certificate (if applicable). 
  • International students must also document proof of proficiency in the English language by submitting test results of standardized and globally accepted language exams. 
  • Some accepted language tests include TOEFL (minimum score of 80 on internet-based test, 550 on paper-based test), IELTS (minimum overall band of 6 with no band less than 6.0), and PTE Academic (minimum overall score of 55 with no section less than 51). 
  • To apply for a master’s degree, the applicant must have completed a bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years or its equivalent from a recognized and accredited institute of higher education.  
  • For program-specific requirements, students are advised to head over to the college's official website to get accurate and up-to-date information for each course offered by the institution. 
  • The Norwegian Immigration and Administration also requires international students to document that they have adequate financial resources for self-subsistence during the entire duration of their study. 

VID Specialized University, Norway Programs 

 As of now, VID Specialized University offers approximately 60 programs in the form of Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Ph.D. degrees. The institution has a strong research profile with interactive and practical programs in the fields of theology, social work, health sciences, nursing, and practical theology.  

While most of the programs offered by VID are taught in Norwegian, some English-taught programs can be pursued by international students. 

Master of Theology and Religious Studies: This program is helpful for students who want to have a thorough knowledge of theological issues and want to learn how to work independently with theological subjects in an academic context.  

Master in Community Development and Social Innovation: Students who want to learn about grassroots community development, civil society, and diversity would benefit highly from this program. This master’s degree will prepare students to solve societal challenges and be an agent or leader for social change. It will also provide students with a platform for learning about cooperation and leading to change. 

VID Specialized University, Norway Accommodation 

  • The college has partnerships with various student welfare organizations to make housing easy for students.  
  • For students enrolling in the Bergen campus, two distinguished offers are available. The Bergen Deaconess Foundation Group provides a building with 60 rentals for students and employees at VID. The building is in proximity to the Harald Plass Deaconess Hospital, grocery and drug stores, and bus routes. 
  • The Student Welfare Organization, Sammen, also offers around 4400 accommodation units near the Bergen campus.  
  • In Oslo, SiO offers housing with residential halls and apartments for singles, couples, and families.  
  • Students studying at the Oslo campus also have access to Diakonhjemmet, which offers on-campus housing in student dormitories and private apartments. 

VID Specialized University, Norway Costs 

Below are estimated details on the tuition fee per academic year and accommodation costs one can expect while studying at VID Specialized University. Note that these estimates are subject to change depending on budget flexibility and the exact program chosen by the student.  

Course Fee 

The average semester fee for each degree level is as follows: 

  • Bachelor's Degree (BSc): 4,500 to 5,500 $ 
  • Master’s Degree (MSc): 3,700 to 7,500 $ 
  • PhD Degree: 14,000 to 15,500 $ 

Accommodation Costs 

Studying in a country like Norway can be expensive, especially as an international student. On an estimate, students can expect a monthly expense of between 10,000 NOK to 15,000 NOK, including rent, travel expenses, food costs, etc. 

VID Specialized University, Norway Scholarships 

  • As per the university website, VID does not offer any scholarships or grants; therefore, students need to be self-funded when applying to study here. 
  • However, Indian students can apply for several governmental scholarships, grants, and fellowships offered by the Ministry of Education in India to help fund their education.  
  • Indian students can also apply for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Program, which offers fully funded scholarships for Indian students studying in European countries like Norway. If selected, the scholarship can cover a student’s tuition as well as living costs.  
  • The KC Mahindra Education Trust offers scholarships to Indian students who are pursuing a postgraduate degree in a foreign land. However, the scholarship is highly competitive, so it can be difficult to bag. 

VID Specialized University, Norway Placements 

  • Graduating from VID Specialized University can open a gateway to several top career opportunities for students in various fields.  
  • Graduates from nursing programs can pursue roles as certified nurses at reputed hospitals inside and outside of Norway. 
  • Additionally, graduates from occupational therapy programs can pursue a career as occupational therapists specializing in mental health or pediatric care. 
  • As per recent trends, students who graduate from VID Specialized University are also in high demand as counselors, social workers, theological educators, and community organizers.

Other Universities in Norway that you might be interested are,

Study Abroad
Study in Norway
StudyAbroad
studyinnorway
vidspecializeduniversity
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants