Copenhagen Business School (CBS):

Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements

Study Abroad Team 25/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Copenhagen Business School (CBS) is a Copenhagen, Denmark-based public university. It is one of Western Europe's most revered business schools and has enjoyed global recognition since its inception. CBS started its journey in 1917. However, it took three more years for the institution to launch its first complete study program. Today, CBS has a series of undergraduate and postgraduate programs, and it also provides students with excellent research opportunities in the form of PhD programs. 

The current QS Ranking of Copenhagen Business School is 94, while its U.S. News & World Report Ranking is 688. The educational institution has three accreditations. First, it was accredited by EFMD Quality Improvement System or EQUIS in 2000. In 2007, the institution was accredited by the Association of MBAs or AMBA. It received its third accreditation in 2011 from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business or AACSB. CBS is the first Scandinavian academic institution to be accredited by the AACSB. 

Copenhagen Business School (CBS) Highlights 

  • According to recent numbers, CBS has 20,843 students enrolled in different undergraduate and postgraduate courses. 

  • Currently, 199 students are doing their PhD at the university. 

  • The number of international students enrolled at CBS is 3,673. 

  • CBS currently has 820 full-time academic staff, while the number of part-time academic staff at the university is 754. 

  • The number of administrative staff working at CBS is 710. 

  • The business school gets thousands of applications from international students every year. Each year, it approves nearly 1,200 applications for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Additionally, CBS also welcomes over 1,000 exchange students every year. 

  • Copenhagen Business School has teachers and students from 40 different countries. This makes it a perfect international learning center. 

Copenhagen Business School (CBS) Admissions 

Here are the eligibility criteria Indian students must meet for admission to the bachelor's degree programs: 

  • The candidate must pass the Cambridge C2 English Proficiency test with a minimum score of 200.

  • The candidate must pass the Cambridge C1 Advanced English test with a minimum score of 185.

  • The candidate must complete school education by passing the upper secondary exam, which must be taken in English. Passing the exam is enough to prove a student's English skills if he or she belongs to one of the following English-speaking nations: USA, UK, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, or Singapore.  

However, Indian students seeking admission at CBS must take an additional English proficiency test (even if their upper secondary exam is accepted in English) as they don't belong to an English-speaking country. They must either pass IELTS or TOEFL. The only exception would be Indian students appearing for upper secondary exams accredited by an English-speaking nation. 

  • The candidate must study at least 210 hrs. of English as part of their upper secondary curriculum. Passing English with a grade higher than the passing grade is also mandatory. The applicant must understand English and should possess the ability to write and converse in the language fluently. Their grammar, punctuation, and spelling should be impeccable. 

  • The candidate must complete a supplementary course in English B with a minimum score of 6.0. 

Here are the eligibility criteria Indian students must meet for admission to the master's degree programs: 

  • The entry requirements vary from one master's degree program to another, depending on the field of study. 

  • Showing proof of English proficiency is a must for every international student. 

  • Students seeking admission to a postgraduate course in CBS must pass a relevant bachelor's degree program taught entirely in English. The course must be completed from an authorized institution in any of the following nations: USA, UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, or Singapore. 

Candidates must submit documents (mark sheets and certificates) supporting their educational qualification, English proficiency, and all other necessary skills on Optagelse.dk (for bachelor's degree courses) or dans. stads.dk (for master's degree courses). 

Here are the steps one needs to complete to apply for a course at CBS:

Step 1: First, the candidates must visit the common application portal for Danish universities (Optagelse.dk for undergraduate programs and dans.stads.dk for postgraduate programs). 

Step 2: They must upload all necessary documents on the portal and complete the relevant application form. This should be accompanied by an application fee of 100 Euros or 8860 INR. 

Step 3: The candidates will receive a reply to their application if they are selected to study at CBS. The actual admission process will follow this. 

International students looking to study at CBS must remember the following: 

  • Every non-EU/EEA citizen must have a residence permit for studying in Denmark. Additionally, unlike the EU/EEA citizens, they must pay tuition fees every semester when studying at CBS or any other Danish school. 

  • Candidates must not wait for the deadline to start preparing to apply for admission to a course at CBS. They must begin their preparation well in advance. Filling out the application form will take around 40 minutes when the candidate has all the documentation ready. 

Copenhagen Business School (CBS) Programs

Here are the courses enjoying maximum popularity among international students.:

  • Master of Business Administration (MBA)

  • MSc in Economics and Business Administration

  • MSc in Advanced Economics and Finance

  • MSc in Business, Language and Culture

  • MSc in Business Administration and Innovation in Health Care

  • MSc in Business Administration and Bio entrepreneurship

  • MSc in Social Sciences in Organizational Innovation and Entrepreneurship

  • MSc in Business Administration and Philosophy

  • MSc in Social Sciences in Public Management and Social Development

Copenhagen Business School (CBS) Accommodations

Copenhagen Business School has access to eight student residences now. The residences are situated in different parts of Copenhagen. The section below talks about some of them. 

Kathrine Kollegiet: This Frederiksberg-based residence hall has 78 rooms on its six floors. Some of these rooms have wheelchair access. Candidates will get the option to choose between single rooms and shared rooms. Every room in this facility features a separate en-suite bathroom and kitchen. The highlight of Katherine Kollegiet is, however, its large courtyard.  

Nimbuspark Residence: This graduate-only dormitory started accommodating CBS students in January 2018. One of the reasons why this residence hall is popular among students is its location. It is situated close to the university campus. Nimbuspark Residence has 130 rooms equipped with comfortable and functional facilities. Each of these rooms has a separate bathroom. 

Svanevej: Svanevej is located in Nørrebo, which is a light industrial and residential area in Copenhagen. This residence hall has 48 rooms, out of which 36 offer accommodation to exchange students enrolled at Copenhagen Business School. These rooms are located on the residence's courtyard, first and second floors. All these rooms feature an en-suite kitchenette. Additionally, a common kitchen area is adjacent to the dining area on Svanevej's ground floor. 

Copenhagen Business School (CBS) Cost 

Cost of Course: The annual course fee for the two-year postgraduate degree programs at CBS is 13.7 lakh INR. The one-year MBA/PGDM course fee at the business school is 39.8 lakh. 

Cost of Living: Indian students must be prepared to spend between 55,000 INR and 90,000 INR monthly for accommodation when studying at CBS. 

Copenhagen Business School (CBS) Scholarships

Here are some scholarships Indian students can apply for to get funding to study at the Copenhagen Business School:

  • Education Future International Scholarship 

  • Horowitz Foundation Grants 

  • ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Exchange Program 

  • Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 

  • ServiceScape Scholarship 

Copenhagen Business School (CBS) Placements  

Students can do internships while completing their undergraduate or postgraduate degrees. The business school’s job portal CBS CareerGate has listings for both CBS graduates and students looking for internships. Students can expect to earn around 1,500 INR per hour from their internship. On the other hand, the average yearly income of people graduating from CBS is 1 crore INR. 

Other Universities in Denmark that you might be interested in,

Study Abroad
Study in Denmark
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants