Technical University of Denmark:

Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements

Study Abroad Team 25/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

The Technical University of Denmark has been among the top global institutes since 1829, currently functioning at Kongens Lyngby. The university is the second-best in worldwide rank and a leading European university for its research work. Established in 1820, it has the highest ranking in the world university ranks for innovative research work. The course studies under the university are related to groups like CDIO, TIME, CESAER, Eurotech, and EUA. 

  • The university is at 161 ranks as per US World and News Report

  • The World University Ranking of the university is 185

  • Under the QS World University Rankings, the university is at 104 positions  

  • The university is in the 3rd position as per the QS World University Ranking by Subject 2022

  • As per QS Graduate Employability Ranking 2022, the university is at 201 to 250 rank 

  • The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2023 places the university at 166 position 

Technical University of Denmark highlights 

  • The Technical University of Denmark has 11,031 students, with 29% from other countries and 5,895 staff members. 

  • The university focuses on its engineering and science department and prepares engineers at all levels, with various options for study programs from bachelor's to doctoral.  

  • The university is also popular for its business program approach that can help prepare students for future endeavors and become competent to serve their respective industries. 

  • The institute is also among the top technical and scientific sciences globally. 

  • The international ambiance of the university is mainly due to its 44% of MSc students from outside. Besides, it has exchange students from almost 120 partner universities. 

Technical University of Denmark Admission

UG Admission 

  • Records of an upper secondary exam equivalent to the Danish upper secondary exam 

  • A student should acquire an A-level in Mathematics and a B-level in English, physics, and chemistry when applying for a BSc in General Engineering.

  • Take English proficiency test. 

PG Admission  

  • Academic records 

  • Document of English language proficiency

  • Learning agreement for Erasmus students

  • Visa Application

  • TOEFL, IELTS, and CAE scorecard 

Honours Program for MSc Students

  • Students should complete an undergraduate degree 

  • Show ambition and significant academic record in previous studies 

  • Have excellent intellectual and personal quality 

  • Include a letter mentioning the reason for choosing the honors program 

Eligibility 

  • Pass the English exam with a B level for a master's degree program 

  • IELTS Academic: 6.5

  • TOEFL iBT: 88

  • C1 advanced and C2 Proficiency: 180  

Students with upper secondary exams from other countries, including Asia and Africa, where the language of instruction is English, must also take the test. 

Honours Program for MSc Students

  • The average score for the honors masters program is 10 

  • Get a minimum of 10 for master's thesis 

Technical University of Denmark Programs 

UG Program 

  • Bachelor of Engineering

  • Bachelor of Science in Engineering

PG Programs 

  • Applied Chemistry 

  • Autonomous Systems

  • Architectural Engineering 

  • Biomedical engineering

  • Bioinformatics and Systems Biology 

  • Biomaterial engineering for medicine

  • Biotechnology 

  • Business Analytics 

  • Chemical and biochemical engineering

  • Civil engineering

  • Computer science and engineering

  • Communication technologies and system design 

  • Design and innovation 

  • Earth and Space Physics and Engineering 

  • Engineering light

  • Electrical engineering 

  • Engineering acoustics

  • Engineering Physics 

  • Food technology 

  • Industrial Engineering and Management

  • Human-Centered Artificial Intelligence

  • Materials and Manufacturing Engineering

  • Wind energy 

  • Technology entrepreneurship 

  • Sustainable fisheries and aquaculture 

Technical University of Denmark Accommodation 

There is no campus option under this university. As a result, students can look for the following options: 

International students often rent a room from a Danish student or a landlord in Denmark. Others prefer renting an apartment or sharing a house with a friend. Halls of residence and student dorms are also good options.  

Halls of Residence (Kollegier)

The hall of residence offers accommodation in a communal environment. It is a living for international students who arrive in Denmark for higher studies. The rent at the hall of residence is cheaper than renting an apartment or a room in Denmark. 

Cost of Living

International students choose to study in Denmark as it is among the safest country options. The living expenses will include meals, transport, accommodation, materials, books, clothing, and living costs. 

As all the students cannot get accommodation near the university campus, the transport cost becomes high. The public transport in Copenhagen is reliable and easy to access.  

A student can find rooms for less than €500 monthly, but prices can be higher in Copenhagen. It takes €200 to €300 for food and €50 for monthly transportation. 

However, the cost of living is around €750 to €900 monthly. It is up to €1,200 in Copenhagen. With an idea of the approximate expenditure, it will be easy for a student to plan for the monthly expenses when studying in Denmark. 

Technical University of Denmark Cost 

The Technical University of Denmark costs €6,500 to €17,000. Students from the EU or EEA don't have to pay tuition fees in Danish universities. However, students outside the EU have to pay a tuition fee of €100. 

Technical University of Denmark Scholarship 

The scholarship list is country-specific, and it goes as follows:

India - R.D. Sethna Scholarship Fund

It is among the oldest and most respected loan programs for deserving students willing to study abroad. The loan program eligibility depends on candidates' academic performance, and it waives off tuition fees and other relating expenses for a better educational experience for the candidate. 

Costa Rica – Conape offers student loans to Costa Ricans. Conape has an agreement with DTU to offer financial assistance to candidates willing to pursue an MSc. 

Indonesia - LPDP Scholarship Program

With the help of this scholarship program, students willing to pursue an MSc program at DTU can get benefits.  

Mexico – FIDERH from the Bank of Mexico 

It is for Mexican students who are willing to pursue postgraduate studies. It offers almost 400000 MXN yearly to cover tuition fees. 

USA - Fulbright Scholarship

For this grant, an applicant has to be an American, pursuing a master's degree or Ph.D. for a full-time course, or doing research in Denmark. The benefits are available only for the first year or for a two-year program.  

Turkey - TEV - Garring Foundation's Scholarships for Denmark

This applies to Turkish citizens studying for a bachelor's degree and willing to pursue a master's degree in Denmark in electrical and electronic communication, computer systems, marine and coastal engineering, wind energy engineering, and biotechnology. 

Technical University Of Denmark Kongens Lyngby PhD Scholarship 

It offers partial funding to domestic and international students pursuing PhD study programs in Denmark. Students can take up any subject to avail of this scholarship program. 

The Katoni Scholarship, Denmark 

It offers partial funding to undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate students. It is available for all subjects. The main is to support the Danes and foreign nationals to pursue higher studies in Denmark. The grant under the scholarship is DKK 3500. The scholarship is also eligible for exchange stays or internships.  

Technical University of Denmark Placement 

The university will offer flexibility to students and allow them to grow with scope to develop personal skills. It will offer new opportunities to excel in respective fields and offer suitable positions after completing graduation and other degree programs from the university. A meritorious student can avail of several placement opportunities. As per the record, the highest-paying graduate from the university earns 762,450 DKK (82,55,555 INR).

Other Universities in Denmark that you might be interested in,

Study Abroad
Study in Denmark
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants