University of Southern Denmark:

Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements

Study Abroad Team 25/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

The prestigious University of Southern Denmark was founded in 1998 after a merger between three schools: the Southern Denmark School of Business and Engineering, the Odense University, and the South Jutland University Centre. The University offers 70 continuous or full-time study programs taught in the universal language of English. The main campus is in Odense, and other secondary campuses are in Kolding, Slagelse, Sonderberg, and Esbjerg. SDU graduates are considered successful changemakers. The University develops programming languages that apply to modular, agricultural, and industrial robots.

Students can choose from around 115 varied course study programs in social sciences, health sciences, natural sciences, engineering, humanities, and more. SDU is arguably one of Denmark's best public universities and ranked 326 in the QS World University Rankings of 2024. The QS World University Rankings comprises 1,500 global educational institutions spread across different continents to perform accurate evaluations. Due to intense competition, the overall acceptance percentage for international students is only around 10 to 15 percent at the University. 

The University of Southern Denmark Highlights 

● There are five faculties housing 27,000 students, out of which twenty percent are international students.

● Students have 24/7 access to the university library all round the year, including the study cells, locker lending, study places, etc. 

● SDU provides a solid foundation to pursue research and development, especially in IT and biotechnology

● SDU Faculty of Engineering offers the golden chance to conduct advanced research studies in fields such as robotics, sensor technology, software engineering, and many more as a part of collaborative projects

● SDU is the only academy in Scandinavia offering a valued degree program in clinical biomechanics, i.e., chiropractic studies 

University of Southern Denmark Admission 

UG Admissions 

● For a Bachelor's Degree, the last date of application for all Non-Danish aspirant's qualifying test is on 15th March. The bachelor program will start on 1st September (apart from the Medicine course that starts on 1st February). The application process's last date for all Danish aspirants for the qualifying test is on 5th July. 

● For those students who apply online, the application system opens on 1st February. Aspirants can apply online through KOT at www.optagelse.dk. They can then upload all necessary documents by following all seven steps needed to apply correctly. 

● Aspirants will then receive a confirmation mail from the Admission Self-Service site. 

● After passing through the entry requisites, students can get invited to uniTEST or wait for invitation mail (on 26th July). 

PG Admissions 

● All Non-EU/EEA/Swiss applicants holding a Danish permit can be exempted from specific or all application procedures to apply as a non-EU citizen

● SDU offers PG or Masters courses within 5 faculties that cover subjects like Engineering, Science, Business and Social Sciences, Humanities, and Health. 

● To gain admission to a Master's program, aspirants must possess an authentic Bachelor's degree or any other related degree (within the same level). 

● NON-EU/EEA aspirant students without a valid EU/EEA Bachelor's degree must submit at least their Bachelor diploma certificate or a confirmation note from the university dean by May 15th (for a seat in September) and December 1st ) for a seat in February. 

Ph.D. Admissions 

● The specific application form is given to be used 

● Students' applications are to be sent to the Dean's Office in Odense, Denmark, which is the main branch of the University of Southern Denmark 

Aspirants come under any of the below-mentioned categories:

● Students without the SDU scholarship 

● Ph.D. Fellowship after full completion of Master's degree program 

● Ph.D. Fellowship before the full completion of the Master's degree program 

● Enrollment with the help of external funding for students without employment 

● Enrollment in Ph.D. course enrolled in Industrial PhD category 

International Summer School Admissions 

Courses for Summer School are open to all foreign as well as Danish full-time students, guest students, and exchange students. SDU also offers all the student's accommodation services plus visa services. 

Engineering Admissions 

The engineering programs are offered at the University's international campus in Odense and Sonderborg. Students must complete an online application form and submit all related documents through their admission portal, www.optagelse.dk. Application deadline for foreign students is March 15th. 

Eligibility Criteria 

UG Eligibility Criteria 

An aspirant may require a valid passed certificate of a diploma program course (with a minimum of 18 points result) for pursuing a professional bachelor's degree (quota 1 and 2). The aspirant also needs to pass all 6 IB courses and get at least a grade of 3. (IB grade three is equivalent to Danish grade two). 

PG Eligibility Criteria 

Aspirant students can get admission to a Master's course program with a valid Bachelor's degree, a professional Bachelor's degree certificate, or any other equivalent degree (within the European Qualification Framework of level 6) 

Engineering Eligibility Criteria 

Eligibility includes a qualified upper secondary school degree certificate with English level B, Mathematics level A, and Geoscience level A courses. 

PhD Eligibility Criteria 

Enrollment is accepted every 1st or 5th date of each month. Students can start their Ph.D. program before completing a (4+4) Master's degree. Minimum educational qualifications include completing a Bachelor's degree and 60 ECTS in the Master's Programme. 

SDU Course Programmes 

List of Bachelor's Programmes in English 

● Engineering 

1) BEng in Electronics - Sonderborg 

2) BEng in Mechanical Engineering - Sonderborg 

3) BEng in Mechatronics - Sonderborg

4) BSc in Engineering in Electronics - Sonderborg

5) BSc in Engineering in Engineering, Innovation and Business - Sonderborg

6) BSc in Engineering in Mechanical - Sonderborg

7) BSc in Engineering in Mechatronics - Sonderborg

8) BSc in Engineering in Software - Sonderborg

● Humanities - International Business Administration and Foreign Languages 

● Business and Social Sciences

● BSc in European Studies

● Market and Management Anthropology

SDU Accommodations 

All foreign students pursuing full degree courses and exchange students at SDU are provided housing when shifting to Esbjerg, Kolding, or Odense. Exchange students given the Sonderborg campus are also guaranteed accommodation facilities. To get student housing, students have to apply well before the date of deadline, i.e., before 1st May for the September course admission and before 1st November for the February course admission. 

The housing application has to be forwarded immediately after the SDU application. Bachelor and Master's applicants may request housing three days after they have sent their application for their educational programs. 

SDU Fees & Living Cost 

Cost of Course 

  1. MIM ( 2 to 4 year course) = 1st year tuition fees = around 5.6 lakhs to 7.7 lakhs 

  1. MS (2 year course) 1st year tuition fees = around 12 l to 12.6 lakhs 

  1. Other PG course 2 year course = around 1st year tuition fees = 7.7 lakhs 

  1. MA in Language, Business, and Culture, a two-year course = around 5.6 Lakhs

  1. MSc in Economics and Business Administration, a two-year course = around 2.6 Lakhs 

Cost of Living 

Students can incur expenses amounting to €750 and €900 every month. Students can expect to spend around €1,200 in the city of Copenhagen. The same expenses are covered in the budget report demonstrated whenever a student applies for a student visa. 

University of Southern Denmark Scholarships

SDU presents the Danish Government Scholarship to worthy international students, which the Danish Ministry of Higher Education and Science aids. The scholarship is divided into two parts: a grant and a tuition fee of 3,000 DKK (monthly). 

University of Southern Denmark Placements    

The University of Southern Denmark enjoys a superior placement rate. The graduates can get an opportunity to work in public and private organizations. The average salary can be approximately 300,000 DKK (annually). Students can even be offered multiple placement opportunities to secure good job positions. 

Other Universities in Denmark that you might be interested in,

Study Abroad
Study in Denmark
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants