Grenoble Alps University:

Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements

Study Abroad Team 26/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

The Université Grenoble Alpes, or Grenoble Alps University, is a public research university in Grenoble, France. It is ranked 294th in the World University Rankings 2024 by QS. Being one of France's top universities, it attracts more than 50,000 applications annually worldwide. Among the applications, it accepts about 6000 international students at its campuses every year.

To seek admission into the university, students need to acquire an average GPA of 3 and 75%. The students also need to score an average of 79 on the TOEFL exam. The university has two urban campuses located in Saint-Martin-d'Hères and Gières and Grenoble. 

Grenoble Alps University Highlights

The university, securing ranks among the top universities in the world, offers various exclusive facilities, which makes students choose it. The highlights of the university are: 

  • The university provides an exceptional environment for studying and accommodation to its students. Ranked among Europe's top most beautiful universities, its campus is in the heart of the Alps. 
  • The university allows the students to enjoy a dynamic student life. It has 4 art studios and 2 auditoriums where curriculums and student activities are hosted annually. 
  • It allocates participatory student budgets for the projects chosen and proposed by the students to improve their campus life. 
  • This university has opened its doors to the world, accepting students from over 155 nationalities. Eighteen different languages are taught on the campus to promote cultural integrity. 
  • It offers a range of 140 job-related training courses and professional undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral degrees. The cross-disciplinary courses included under all disciplines enable students to enrich their learning. 

Grenoble Alps University Admission

Undergraduate Admission at the Grenoble Alps University

The application process at the university takes place on the University portal itself. Students need to follow the mentioned process:

  • Students residing in India can apply for the undergraduate programs through the University's Campus France Website. 
  • After submitting applications on the Campus France website, the applications selected by the university will receive a message. At this moment, they will be invited to apply to the eCandidat platform. 
  • On the eCandidat platform, students must enter their details and choose the programs they want to apply for. A student can only apply for up to 4 programs. 
  • After selecting the application, the students will be called in for a personal interview. 
  • The admission results will be on the Campus France and eCandidat website. 
  • To secure admissions, students must complete at least 120 ECTS credits for Europe. 
  • Programs taught in French require students to possess a B2 in French. 
  • Students who have applied for English language programs must provide the results of an English language test. The results are to be submitted before the application deadline. 
  • During the interview, the oral language proficiency of applicants will also be tested. 

Graduate Admission Requirements at the Grenoble Alps University

Students need to qualify for the entry requirements at the university to enroll for postgraduate courses. They need to follow these steps:

  • Students need to apply on the Campus France website for the postgraduate programs. 
  • Students must complete the first year of a master's degree or four years of study at the University level to seek admission. This should be equivalent to 240 ECTS credits for Europe. 
  • Students must provide English language test results to prove their English language proficiency. A B2 level is required to apply for the programs taught in English. 
  • A French Language certificate which is not more than 2 years old on 1st January of the year of application must be submitted. 
  • Upon selection, the students must apply on the eCandidat platform to fill up their details. 
  • A panel of professionals and faculty will interview selected candidates who meet the prerequisites. The students must explain their academic and professional paths and reasons for choosing the program. 
  • A Skype interview will be arranged for students who do not currently reside in France or cannot physically attend it. 

PhD Admission in Grenoble Alps University

The Grenoble Alps University is one of the most famous French universities for Indian students who want to pursue Ph.D. in respective subjects. Here are the entry requirements while applying for a PhD program at the UGA. 

  • Applying and registering for PhD is conducted in several stages. 
  • The students must apply and register in any of the thirteen Ecoles doctorales of the UGA. 
  • Subsequently, they have to register administratively on the College website. 
  • There are separate processes for first-year registration and re-registration.  

Eligibility Criteria 

The Grenoble Alps University has an acceptance rate of 45%. This implies that the university is highly selective when it comes to the admission of students. Here are the general guidelines related to eligibility that Indian students must know. 

  • 18 years or older 
  • Students must have an independent speaker-upper intermediate level in English for admission to UGA courses.  

Grenoble Alps University Programs

The university offers varied courses in their Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral Degrees in both English and French Language. Some of the popular programs the university offers are listed below: 

  • Bachelor in Management 
  • European Master in Customer Relationship Marketing 
  • Master in Urban Planning and Design 
  • Master in Mathematics and Application
  • Master in Computer Science 
  • Master in Chemistry 
  • Master in Biology 
  • Master in Nanoscience and nanotechnologies 
  • Master in Chemistry 
  • Master in Civil Engineering 
  • Master in Electronics, Electrical Energy, Automation
  • Master in Health Engineering 
  • Master in Marketing and Sales 
  • Master in Finance 
  • Master in European Governance 

Grenoble Alps University Accommodation 

The university offers a wide range of accommodation options to its students. Some of the accommodation options it provides are: 

  • CROUS or The Public Student Residences- The most popular and affordable student accommodation. It offers furnished studios, rooms and shared apartments with free WiFi. The rent can often include heating and water. The rent can range from 17,824 to 44,560 INR in a month. 
  • Private Student Residences- Numerous private residences in Valence and Grenoble are open to international students. They offer similar benefits as CROUS, including a gym and laundromat. The prices range from 22,274 to 66,823 INR in a month. 
  • Foyers or Student and Youth Homes- These are generally managed by religious associations that accommodate young people aged 18-26. These are available at a price of around 22,274 INR per month, which often includes meals. 
  • Shared Accommodation- If a student wants to share a spacious house and pool some expenses, then shared accommodation will be a good option. Prices can range anywhere between 26,729 to 35,639 INR per month. 
  • Chez I' Habitant- It is ideal for international students wanting to improve their knowledge of French to rent a room in a French household. The prices of such spaces are approximately 26,729 INR per month. 
  • Intergenerational Home Sharing- This kind of home-sharing is where students can get affordable accommodation by helping older people combat their loneliness. It can cost around 4,454 INR or could even be free at times. 

Grenoble Alps University Course Fee

The approximate course fees to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate degrees at Grenoble Alps University are listed below: 

  • For a Bachelor in Management- 15,146 INR 
  • For Postgraduate Degrees- 3,35,901 INR 

Grenoble Alps University Living Cost

The cost of living in Grenoble, near the university, is around 85,000 INR monthly. Here is the detailed cost of living while pursuing a degree at the UGA. 

  • Accommodation- INR 25,000 to INR 40,000
  • Expenses per Month (Food, Utility Bills, Phone)- INR 70,000
  • Transportation- INR 20,000 per month  

Grenoble Alps University Scholarships

Some of the commonly available university scholarships to study in France are: 

  • Eiffel Excellence Scholarships (For Graduate Degrees) - It invites applications from students up to 25 from developing countries. 
  • Eiffel Excellence Scholarships (For Ph.D. programs) - It invites applications from applicants up to 30 years old and a developing country. 
  • Graduate Excellence Scholarships from PERSYVAL-Lab - Through its excellence center, the university invites applications from exceptional students to apply for this scholarship program. This will enable students to seek admission into the 2nd year of a Master's Degree program in Mathematics, Computer Science, Control, or Signal Processing. 
  • Excellence Initiative Idex Scholarship for Masters - Students who want to apply for a Master's degree at Grenoble Alps and are already enrolled in some other University can apply for it. 
  • GRAL Master 2 Scholarships - The candidates should not have pursued their BSc degree from Grenoble Alps. They must apply for a Master's degree in Biology, Plant Biology, or Health Engineering for the 1st or 2nd year. They must also complete a research internship in Integrated Structural and cell Biology at a GRAL program-associated lab. 
  • The Graduate School at UGAfinances international students at the university who opt for one of its 15 thematic programs. The scholarship is granted to students enrolled in M1 and M2 degrees. Eligible students should not benefit from any other grants. 

Only CampusFrance of the University offers French Government Scholarships to its students. The university also accepts external scholarships granted to students from their country of origin. 

Grenoble Alps University Placements

Students graduating from Grenoble Alps University possess excellent competencies. Companies around the globe hire students in engineering fields. The university graduates pursue careers in electronics, robotics, industrial design, engineering, and others. The graduates are hired within one month of completing their degrees, and 11% get their first jobs outside France. Some top companies that recruit university graduates are the Grenoble University Hospital, Capgemini, IBM, Oracle, Ubisoft, and others. Some of the most sought-after professions that the graduates pursue with an approximate annual salary are listed below: 

  • Engineer- 33 lakhs INR
  • Financial Analyst- 50 lakhs INR
  • Information Technology- 39 lakhs INR
  • Physicians- 1 Crore INR

You might also interested in Other Universities for Studying in France:

Study Abroad
Study in France
Grenoble Alps University
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants