University of Paris 1 Pantheon-Sorbonne: Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements

Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements

Study Abroad Team 26/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

The University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, also known as Paris 1, is a public research university in Paris. It was established in the early 1200s by the faculties of the University of Paris. 35 out of 41 Economics professors established the Paris 1 University. Being one of the best universities to study in France, the Paris 1 University has redefined the country’s higher education system. It contains three main domains – Economic and Management Sciences, Legal and Political Sciences, and Human Sciences.

The main campus of the Paris 1 university is located on the Place du Panthéon. The university also has its presence on the prestigious Sorbonne campus in France. The university has more than 25 buildings in Paris.

As per the 2023 rankings, the Paris 1 University ranks 801-1000. As per the QS Rankings, this university ranks at the 328th position. Undoubtedly, it is one of the best French universities for Indian students to study in France to pursue their degree courses. 

University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne Highlights

The University of Paris 1 is the most prestigious university in France. Before applying for courses at this university, students must be aware of the following highlights.

  • The university comprises fourteen research and teaching departments. It also has five teaching institutes and is a leading university in European studies.
  • Students mainly apply for highly acclaimed courses like international relations, management, and communications at this university.
  • Each year, around 400 PhD theses are submitted from this university. Moreover, the University of Paris 1 awards approximately 1,700 pre-PhD PG degrees in 74 subjects.
  • With more than 800 years of excellence, the University of Paris 1 is one of the largest French universities.
  • Almost 40,000 students are enrolled annually in 14 teaching and research departments.
  • As the best university in France, it plays a significant role in training researchers and the top civil servants in France.
  • As of 2021, the University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne has seven subjects in the world’s top 50.
  • It is the third French institution with the highest number of study fields.
  • The university actively encourages diversity and enrolls a large number of international students.

University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne Admissions

UG Admission in University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne

The University of Paris 1 has been the preferred study in France for Indian students. Here are the entry requirements that students must follow during UG admissions.

  • The registration process takes place between July and September each year.
  • After receiving the authorization, students must confirm their wish to enroll.
  • While applying for admissions, students must provide identification papers, a CVEC certificate, and an access ticket.
  • The application fee for a Bachelor’s program is INR 15,000.
  • Candidates need to secure a minimum of 85 in TOEFL, 7 in IELTS, and 750 in TOEIC.

PG Admission to the University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne

The University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne offers students a wide variety of postgraduate courses. Interested aspirants must know about the below-mentioned requirements.

  • Indian students should apply for postgraduate courses via the Mon Master portal.
  • Certifications required during admission are DELF/DALF or TCF.
  • Letter of Recommendation from a professor.
  • Detailed CV and Cover Letter.
  • Academic transcripts translated into French.

PhD Admission to the University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne

Thousands of students apply for a Ph.D. yearly at the University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne. The common entry requirements for Ph.D. admission to the University of Paris 1 are listed.

  • Aspirants must submit the duly filled application form through http://ecandidat.univ-paris1.fr/.
  • A copy of the Master’s degree is compulsory for students to provide during admissions.
  • The written agreement from a Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne professor.
  • Applicants must secure a minimum of 60% score in their Master’s program.  

Eligibility Criteria

The acceptance rate of the University of Paris 1 is 50%. This indicates that the university has a relatively lenient acceptance rate. For students who want to pursue a degree in Economics and Mathematics, an average GPA of 3 is required.

On the other hand, for students who want to study in French, a minimum of 2.8 GPA is required. Furthermore, students must provide TEF, TCF, or DALF certificates during admission. The aspirants must also consider meeting language requirements.

University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne Programs

The University of Paris 1 is redefining study in France for Indian students. The university is synonymous with excellence, and it has retained its place eight centuries after its establishment. Here are some popular academic programs provided by the Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne.

  • Bachelor’s in Arts and Culture
  • Bachelor’s in Law
  • Bachelor’s in Economics
  • Bachelor’s in Geography and Planning Environment
  • Bachelor’s in Management
  • Master’s in Art, Design & Media
  • Master’s in Business & Management
  • Master’s in Engineering and Technology
  • Master’s in Computer Science & IT
  • Master’s in Law
  • Master’s in Humanities
  • Master’s in Social Sciences

University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne Accommodations

Finding accommodations is never easy for international students at the Place du Panthéon. The university has some accommodation facilities within its halls of residence. Moreover, exchange students can also stay in these facilities. The University of Paris 1 will only grant accommodation to students after they have fulfilled consular formalities. Renting a house or sharing accommodations with other students is ideal when pursuing a degree at the University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne.    

University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne Cost

The annual cost of pursuing an undergraduate degree at the University of Paris 1 ranges from INR 9 lakhs to INR 25 lakhs. The Bachelor’s degree course fee typically covers tuition, academic support, outings, and conferences.

On the other hand, the annual cost of pursuing a postgraduate degree from the University of Paris 1 ranges from INR 12 lakhs to INR 27 lakhs. This cost includes academic support, outings, laboratory fees, etc.  

Cost of Course

Students should know about the approximate cost of the course before applying. Here is the cost of pursuing academic courses from the University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne.

  • MBA- INR 17 lakhs
  • MS- INR 12 lakhs
  • MIM- INR 14 lakhs
  • BSc- INR 10 lakhs

Cost of Living

The cost of living can vary significantly based on the locality in which a student resides. Applicants must always know about the cost of living while pursuing degree courses from the University of Paris 1. Here are some essential aspects to know about the cost of living.

  • Rent- INR 50,000 to INR 70,000
  • Expenses per Month (Food, Utility Bills, Internet, Outings)- INR 80,000
  • Transportation- INR 30,000 per month   
  • Health Insurance- INR 35,000

University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne Scholarships

The University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne each year offers scholarships and grants worth millions of Euros. Listed are the popular scholarships provided by this reputable university in France.

Erasmus Mundus Scholarships

It is a scholarship provided primarily by the European Commission to offer funding to students worldwide. Students can apply for this scholarship to pursue their University of Paris 1 degree.

Emile Boutmy Scholarships for International Students 

It is one of the best scholarships for Indian students who want to study at the University of Paris 1. However, students must ensure that they apply for this scholarship timely.

Eiffel Scholarships for International Students

This scholarship suits students pursuing a Master’s or PhD course at the University of Paris 1. One can directly apply for this scholarship from the university’s portal.  

University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne Placements

With more than eight centuries of academic excellence, the University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne always provides the students with the best placements. One of the key highlights of this university is its collaboration with companies nationally and internationally.

Right after completing their course, students are provided with internship opportunities. Some of the academic programs and their average salary are:

  • PhD- INR 85 lakhs
  • Executive MBA- INR 88 lakhs
  • MBA- INR 80 lakhs
  • Bachelor’s-INR 58 lakhs
  • Doctorate- INR 75 lakhs
  • Masters in Finance- INR 68 lakhs

Students must follow all the entry requirements during the application process to realize their dream of studying at the University of Paris 1.

You might also interested in Other Universities for Studying in France:

Study Abroad
Study in France
University of Paris 1 Panthéon
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants