University of Strasbourg: Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements

Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements

Study Abroad Team 26/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

The University of Strasbourg (UNISTRA) was formed after merging three prominent higher education institutes in Strasbourg, France. The three universities were March Bloch, Robert Schuman, and Louis Pasteur. The University of Strasbourg is popular among students who want to study in France. Students from different parts of the globe enroll in various courses at UNISTRA every year. 

The University of Strasbourg is the largest higher education institution in France. It offers various undergraduate and postgraduate programs. More than 41,500 students study at this reputed French university. It has 11423 trainees, 1872 technical members and administrative staff, 4635 permanent staff, and 1386 researchers. UNISTRA is also sought-after because of its involvement in conducting research.

The University of Strasbourg is one of the top public institutions in France, and its ranking in the latest QS World University Rankings is 421. 30th is the position of it in the QS WUR Ranking by Subject. The prestigious university was accredited by AACSB in 2015. The AACSB accreditation means higher standards of excellence for higher studies and research in management and administration.

The University of Strasbourg Highlights

  • Johannes Sturm, a protestant scholar, founded the University of Strasbourg in the 16th century. His sole motive was to disseminate knowledge, which he believed was one of the main values of humanism. 
  • Apart from offering degree courses in science and technology, many domestic and international students pursue programs in several other disciplines. UNISTRA offers law, economics, social sciences, political sciences, management, languages, arts, and literature.
  • The University of Strasbourg consists of 72 research centers encompassing every disciplinary field. It takes an active part in developing social sciences and humanities. 
  • The renowned institute aims to provide every international student with the right kind of support and guidance during their studies. It offers a wide array of dedicated services to help students in every way possible.
  • UNISTRA has multiple state-of-the-art libraries comprising over 1.3 million books, 20,000 journals, 115000 files, and 85000 doctoral theses.
  • Almost one-fifth of the total student body of the University of Strasbourg consists of students from India and many other nations. 

University of Strasbourg Admission

The two common intakes in this French university are fall and spring. The fall intake happens in September, and the spring intake in January. The application process is easy for domestic and international students, who must apply and provide documents online. One can avoid problems when applying, as the process comprises only a few steps.

International students must meticulously fill out the application form when applying for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree course. Every applicant must follow the instructions on the university's official portal. Checking the website can help students stay updated on the changes in application deadlines. It is advisable to apply for a desired program before the deadline. 

Undergraduate Admission to the University of Strasbourg

The University of Strasbourg offers multiple undergraduate degree courses. Many international students pursue these courses. Fulfilling the entry requirements is of the utmost importance for international applicants. UNISTRA conducts a thorough assessment before admitting students. So, one has to be highly qualified to secure admission to this French higher education institute.

  • International students have to file their applications for an undergraduate program online via the university's admission portal.
  • International applicants must upload Class 10, 11, and 12 results or pass certificates when applying for a UG course.
  • Appearing for and scoring well in a standardized exam such as the SAT or ACT is necessary to increase the chances of securing admission to UNISTRA.
  • Taking an English proficiency exam such as IELTS or TOEFL is essential for every international applicant to prove their proficiency in the English language. One must score at least 6.0 in IELTS or 80 in TOEFL. 

Each international applicant has to upload various documents when submitting the application form online. Here are the requisite documents:

  • A copy of the passport
  • Passport size photographs
  • Academic transcripts
  • Enrolment certificate
  • Proof of financial resources
  • Letter of recommendation
  • Statement of Purpose

The application fee of the University of Strasbourg is 198 EUR. Each applicant must pay the processing fee to complete the application process.

Postgraduate Admission to the University of Strasbourg

After completing an undergraduate program, many choose to pursue a postgraduate course in the same field of study. Thus, many international graduates prefer doing a PG program at UNISTRA. It offers postgraduate courses in multiple disciplines, so most international students choose it over other French higher education institutes.

  • International graduates must apply for a PG course online through the university's official website.
  • Holding an undergraduate degree with a minimum aggregate of 70% is necessary for applicants.
  • Proving English proficiency is a must for non-native English-speaking international applicants. Therefore, they must score well in one of the English proficiency exams. TOEFL – 83|IELTS – 6.0
  • Scoring higher marks in a standardized exam is necessary to boost chances of securing enrolment in UNISTRA. One must score 540 on the GMAT or 300 and above on the GRE.

Everyone applying for a postgraduate program must upload several documents during the online submission of the application form. The application fee of 198 EUR is a must for all applicants for a PG course.

Eligibility Criteria

Meeting the entry requirements is imperative for everyone who applies for an undergraduate or postgraduate program. The University of Strasbourg is one of the few less selective higher education institutes because its acceptance rate is 99%. 

  • It is a must for international students who apply to a UG program to hold results or certificates of 10th, 11th, and 12th standards. 
  • International graduates must hold a bachelor's degree when applying for a PG program.
  • Scoring higher in a standardized exam such as ACT or SAT for students who wish to secure enrolment in a UG course is essential. Graduates need to obtain good marks in the GMAT or GRE to increase the potential for securing admission.
  • Proving English language proficiency is necessary for every non-native English-speaking applicant.
  • When submitting the application form, applicants must provide several essential documents.

University of Strasbourg Top Programs

  • Bachelor of Science
  • Bachelor of Business Administration
  • Master of Science
  • Master of Business Administration
  • Master of Finance
  • University of Strasbourg Accommodation

Many international students find it challenging to find a suitable place to stay while pursuing higher studies at the University of Strasbourg. However, it provides every international student with accommodation options. One can choose between on-campus and off-campus housing options. The popular accommodation types in Strasbourg include studio apartments, Crous rooms, social housing, and private accommodation.

The University of Strasbourg Cost

This French public university is committed to ensuring everyone can access top-quality education. Thus, the tuition fees that the University of Strasbourg charges are less than 20,000 EUR per year. 

Course Tuition Fee (Annually)

  • Bachelor of Science – 15,375 EUR
  • Bachelor of Business Administration – 10, 520 EUR
  • Master of Science – 8800 EUR
  • Master of Business Administration – 18, 421 EUR
  • Master of Finance – 17, 980 EUR

Cost of Living in Strasbourg

The cost of living for international students in Strasbourg is lower than many other French cities. However, one has to bear an average of 600-800 EUR per month for accommodation, food, transportation, and miscellaneous expenses. 

University of Strasbourg Scholarships

The University of Strasbourg awards scholarships or financial aid to qualified international students under specific conditions. 

French Government Scholarships: The Government of France awards scholarships to deserving international students every year. The French embassy's cultural section nominates the recipients.

Eiffel Scholarships: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs awards Eiffel scholarships to talented international students who need financial assistance to pursue a postgraduate degree.

University of Strasbourg Placements 

The placement rate of the University of Strasbourg is 75%. Most graduates land high-paying jobs at leading companies within a few months after graduation. It prepares students for job interviews and conducts workshops. The average yearly remuneration of Strasbourg University graduates is 55,240 EUR. 

You might also interested in Other Universities for Studying in France:

Study Abroad
Study in France
University of Strasbourg
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants