Esslingen University of Applied Sciences:

Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship and Placements

Study Abroad Team 25/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Every native and international student studying at Esslingen University of Applied Sciences agrees it is the best public university to study in Germany. It is renowned for offering programs including engineering, computer sciences, social sciences, natural sciences, business, and economics across undergraduate and postgraduate levels. 

The German institution dates back to the 19th century because 1868 is the establishment year of the School of Mechanical Engineering. In 1971, the Esslingen University of Applied Sciences started its operation. It is popular among international students as it provides top-quality education and exceptional learning and placement opportunities. 

The Esslingen University of Applied Sciences is ranked among Germany's leading higher education institutions for international students. According to UniRank, the rank of this higher education institute is 98th. All the programs that it offers are ASIIN-accredited. This body is liable for regularly examining and certifying every STEM university program.

Esslingen University of Applied Sciences Highlights

  • There is no better higher education institute for Applied Sciences in Germany except for Esslingen University of Applied Sciences. The innovative curriculum of this German institute offers a broad scope to its students for research.
  • The university's world-class infrastructure and modern facilities make its education system noteworthy. Thus, it is highly sought-after among native as well as international students. Every student has access to the research centers, library, laboratories, and computer centers. 
  • The first English-taught program of Esslingen University of Applied Sciences was an MBA in International Industrial Management. At present, the institute offers multiple programs in English as well as in German language. 
  • Esslingen University of Applied Sciences has robust connections with many regional and international organizations. It conducts advanced training based on a two-pillar model. The Institute of Advanced Training, an integral part of this German university, is the service provider for implementing and organizing advanced training programs.
  • The university collaborates with various well-known partners to conduct notable research projects on other contemporary economic and societal topics.
  • Esslingen University of Applied Sciences has a strong network of alumni, including Richard Drauz, Ingo Rust (German politicians), Ludwig Durr (an aircraft designer), Warner Niefer (Ex Mercedes-Benz Chairman) and Hans Erich Slany (a renowned designer.)

Esslingen University of Applied Sciences Admission

The Esslingen University of Applied Sciences gives admission to over 6200 students yearly. The institute is home to around 1,500 students from India and several other countries. It enrolls students in a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The application process is easy, but meeting the admission requirements is of the utmost importance for students.

The acceptance rate of this university is 95%. It accepts fresh UG and PG program applications during two significant sessions, including summer and winter. One must apply for a coveted course between mid-October and mid-January for the summer intake, and the winter intake begins in mid-April and lasts till mid-July. 

Undergraduate Admission to Esslingen University of Applied Sciences 

The Esslingen University of Applied Sciences offers at least 28 undergraduate degree programs. Fulfilling the entry requirements is essential for every UG program applicant to secure admission to this reputed German university.

  • Students who apply to an undergraduate program must complete the application form online.
  • Providing a school leaving certificate or equivalent is essential for applicants.
  • Presenting impressive TOEFL or IELTS scores is necessary for UG course applicants who are non-native English speakers to prove their English language proficiency.
  • Attaining Level 2 or 3 in DSH-Prufung or Level 5 in TestDaf Examination is necessary for applicants to prove their proficiency in the German language.
  • Submitting original copies of academic transcripts is imperative.

Here are the crucial documents that UG program applicants must upload at the time of application form submission online.

  • Passport copy
  • Passport photographs
  • Updated CV
  • A couple of letters of recommendation
  • A letter of motivation
  • A transcript evaluation form

Esslingen University of Applied Sciences does not charge any application fee.

Postgraduate Admission to Esslingen University of Applied Sciences 

The Esslingen University of Applied Sciences offers 14 master’s degree programs. Meeting the entry requirements is paramount for each PG course applicant to get enrolled in this leading university in Germany.

  • Every international graduate applying for a postgraduate degree program must fill out and submit the application form online.
  • PG program applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent. 
  • To prove their English language proficiency, obtaining impressive TOEFL or IELTS marks is essential for non-native English-speaking PG program applicants.
  • To prove their German language proficiency, PG program applicants achieve Level 2 or 3 in DSH-Prufung or Level 5 in the TestDaf Examination.
  • Applicants must submit a certificate of university entrance qualification.
  • Those who wish to pursue an MBA need to score well in the GMAT

Besides the ones mentioned above, PG course applicants must submit work experience proof, a letter of recommendation, a statement of purpose, a personal essay, and a letter of motivation. The university does not require international graduates who apply to a postgraduate program to pay any application fee.

Eligibility Criteria

The potential of securing admission to Esslingen University of Applied Sciences increases when an applicant fulfills all the eligibility requirements. 

  • Applying online through the official application portal of the university is a must for every UG or PG program applicant. 
  • Undergraduate program applicants must have a high school certificate or equivalent.
  • Postgraduate course applicants must be a bachelor’s degree holder in a relevant field that major German higher education institutions recognize. 
  • UG and PG course applicants must provide evidence of their German and English language skills. 

Uploading all necessary documents is imperative while submitting the application form online. Applying prior to the deadline of a program is essential for every international applicant.

Esslingen University of Applied Sciences Top Programs

  • B.Eng Mechanical Engineering
  • B.Eng Automotive Systems
  • B.S. Chemical Engineering
  • B.S. Engineering Education Automotive Engineering
  • B.S Biotechnology
  • B.S. Nursing
  • BBA
  • M.S. Innovation Management
  • M.S. Applied Surface and Material Sciences
  • M.Eng Design and Development
  • M.Eng Energy Systems and Energy Management
  • MBA

Esslingen University of Applied Sciences Accommodation

Stuttgart Students Union manages students’ accommodations in the Esslingen University of Applied Sciences’ two campuses, including Esslingen and Goeppigen. The housing facility is within walking distance away from the campuses. Single rooms are available for international students who choose the on-campus accommodation option. 

It is prudent for students who secure admission to this university to apply for such housing facilities before they take the flight from their native countries. Many dormitories are also available in close proximity to the university campuses.

Esslingen University of Applied Sciences Cost

Esslingen University of Applied Sciences does not charge any tuition fees as it is a free German public university. However, students have to pay a semester fee, including the fee for the body of the student union, administration charges, and student facilities. The semester fee that one has to pay is 1500 EUR, and 180 EUR is the enrollment fee per semester at this prestigious higher education institute.

Cost of Living in Esslingen and Goeppingen 

International graduates residing in Esslingen and Goeppingen must pay anywhere between 250-380 EUR every month. In addition, they are required to pay an extra 400 EUR as a security deposit.

Esslingen University of Applied Sciences Scholarships

International students who are meritorious and talented but do not have sufficient financial backup receive financial aid if they apply and qualify for it. Scholarships or student loans enable them to pursue their higher studies in Germany without problem. The amount they get helps cover their study as well as living expenses. DAAD and BAfoG are the two best options or services that facilitate international students in obtaining scholarships.

Esslingen University of Applied Sciences Placements

The Esslingen University of Applied Sciences has a job portal, which students and companies utilize. Most graduates land lucrative and rewarding jobs at leading companies or organizations within a few months after graduation. Esslingen University of Applied Sciences has partnered with multiple career centers, bridging the gap between students and their coveted careers. 

Other Universities in Germany that you might be interested in,

Study Abroad
Study in Germany
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants