Humboldt University of Berlin:

Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements

Study Abroad Team 25/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Study abroad aspirants in considerable numbers have chosen Germany over other European nations in recent years. Germany boasts some of the globally renowned colleges and universities that offer a range of courses across various levels. The Humboldt University of Berlin is one of Germany's top-ranked higher education institutes. It was founded in 1810, which is why many regard it as the mother of all modern German universities. 

The sole objective of this prestigious German university has remained the same since its inception, which is to provide comprehensive humanist education. Many higher education institutions in Germany came into existence over the next century as the noble concept spread widely. Many international students prefer pursuing higher studies at Humboldt University as it ensures high-quality education.

This esteemed German higher education institute has secured 120th rank in the latest QS World University Rankings. It is at the 67th position in the World University Rankings list, according to THE. The Humboldt University's programs across levels are accredited according to ECTS.

Humboldt University Highlights

  • The concept of the coexistence of research and teaching at Humboldt University has inspired and compelled other universities across Europe to follow the same. This top-ranked German institution prioritizes research-based teaching and knowledge sharing. 

  • In 2012, Humboldt University became one of the 11 best universities in Germany that were considered University of Excellence. Its eminent faculty members and alumni include the world-renowned physicist Albert Einstein and 55 Nobel Laureates in varying fields until 2023.

  • The university boasts multiple academic divisions, which include faculties of arts and humanities, mathematics and natural sciences, life sciences, social sciences, economics and business administration, theology, law, and medicine.

  • The Humboldt University has established robust partnerships with various reputed institutes worldwide for teaching and conducting research activities. In addition, it has multiple prominent interdisciplinary research spaces, including the Georg-Simmel Center for Metropolitan Studies and the August Boeckh Centre for Antiquity.

Humboldt University Admission

This sought-after German university is home to 36,566 students, including 5484 international students. So, almost 16% of the student body comprises students from India and several other nations. The application process is simple, but securing admission is challenging as the acceptance rate of Humboldt University of Berlin is 18%. 

The popular German institution adheres to the two common intakes in Germany – Summer and Winter. The summer intake begins in late March or early April, and the winter intake starts in late September or early October. 

Undergraduate Admission to Humboldt University of Berlin 

Humboldt University of Berlin offers the highest number of undergraduate degree programs for students studying in Germany. It gives admission to deserving international students because of their excellent results in previous examinations and other entrance tests. Meeting the entry requirements must be every applicant's priority to enroll in a coveted course at this prominent German institute.

  • Applying through the university's official application portal is important for applicants.

  • Everyone who applies for a UG course must boast a senior secondary school certificate or equivalent. 

  • Obtaining a minimum aggregate of 65% in previous higher secondary examinations or equivalent is necessary.

  • Taking a standardized exam such as ACT or SAT can help applicants increase their admission possibilities.

  • Proving English language proficiency is a must for every non-native English-speaking international applicant. Thus, scoring at least 6.0 in IELTS or 80 in TOEFL is necessary.

Every UG program applicant needs to upload some important documents that are mentioned below:

  • A passport copy

  • Passport size photographs

  • Letter of recommendation

  • Statement of Purpose

  • Updated Resume

  • Proof of financial resources

The Humboldt University charges 75 EUR as fees from students when they apply to a coveted undergraduate degree program. 

Postgraduate Admission to Humboldt University of Berlin

Humboldt University of Berlin offers 71 postgraduate degree and diploma programs. Students from Europe and different continents secure admission and pursue their desired PG courses at this globally reputed university. It offers PG programs in Arts and Humanities, Business, Law, Economics, Literature, and Language. Applicants must meet the requisite entry requirements to boost their potential of securing enrollment.

  • Filling an application via the official application portal of the university is necessary.

  • Each applicant has to have an undergraduate degree or diploma.

  • Scoring well in a standardized test such as GMAT or GRE is an added advantage.

  • Obtaining at least 6.0 in IELTS or 85 in TOEFL is a must for PG program applicants

  • Submission of vital documents along with the application form is of paramount importance

Humboldt University of Berlin requires PG course applicants to pay 75 EUR as application fees.

Eligibility Criteria

UG and PG program applicants must remember that getting admission to Humboldt University of Berlin is a competitive affair. One must be meritorious to meet the eligibility criteria and enroll in this top German institution. 

  • Applying online is a must for domestic and international UG and PG program applicants.

  • Those who apply for an undergraduate course must have a higher secondary certificate or equivalent with at least 60% aggregate.

  • Graduates who apply to a postgraduate degree or diploma course must hold a bachelor's degree or diploma.

  • UG program applicants should try to score high marks on the SAT or ACT. On the other hand, those who apply for a PG course must obtain high scores in the GRE or GMAT exam.

  • Proving English language proficiency is a must for applicants who are non-native English speakers. So, securing more than 80-85 in TOEFL or 6.0 in IELTS is a must.

  • One must submit all necessary documentation to meet the admission requirements of Humboldt University of Berlin.

Humboldt University of Berlin Top Programs

  • Bachelor of Engineering/Technology 

  • Bachelor of Science

  • Bachelor of Business Administration

  • Master of Engineering

  • Master of Arts

  • Master of Science

  • Master of Business Administration

Humboldt University of Berlin Accommodation

International students who secure admission to this prestigious German university must apply for a room before boarding the flight. They need to contact the Studentendorf Adlershof as it offers well-furnished apartments and rooms to fresher students besides researchers. One can also find different types of off-campus housing in Berlin. However, most Indian students and those from other countries prefer to reside in student halls or apartments because of safety reasons.

The Humboldt University of Berlin Cost

Students who pursue an undergraduate degree course must pay the annual tuition fee ranging between 1100-8000 EUR. On the other hand, those who are enrolled in a postgraduate program have to pay between 1500-10,500 EUR annually.

Course Tuition Fee (Yearly)

  • Bachelor of Engineering/Technology – 2800 EUR

  • Bachelor of Science – 1280 EUR

  • Bachelor of Business Administration – 7500 EUR

  • Master of Engineering – 5500 EUR

  • Master of Arts – 4100 EUR

  • Master of Science – 2550 EUR

  • Master of Business Administration – 10,000 EUR

Cost of Living in Berlin

Students living in the university's residence halls, rooms, or apartments must pay around 450 EUR monthly. The amount includes electricity, fast internet, cleaning and laundry service, club rooms, a gym, a lounge, and other amenities. Off-campus housing options are comprehensive in Berlin, so the accommodation cost varies. One can expect to pay around 800-1000 EUR for a well-furnished off-campus accommodation in Berlin.

Humboldt University of Berlin Scholarships

The Humboldt University of Berlin stands out because it values meritorious students who belong to families with insufficient financial resources. It provides scholarships to students aspiring to study in Germany who need financial assistance while pursuing their desired UG or PG program. Here are the available scholarships for native as well as international students.

  • British Council IELTS Award 2023

  • JN Tata Endowment Scholarship

  • Kaad Scholarship

  • Kurt Hansen Science Scholarship

Humboldt University of Berlin Placements

Students who pass out from Humboldt University of Berlin find employment within a few months after graduation or post-graduation. Here's the average annual remuneration by degree.

  • Masters in Finance – 88,000 USD

  • Masters in Science – 105,000 USD

  • Masters in Arts – 68,000 USD

  • Other Degree – 92,000 USD

Study Abroad
Study in Germany
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants