Technical University of Berlin: Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship and Placements

Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements 

Study Abroad Team 25/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Germany is a highly sought-after destination to study in Germany among many international students because of the presence of top-ranked higher education institutes. The Technical University of Berlin is one of Germany's leading public research institutions. The main campus of this 1879-established German university is at the heart of the capital city. 

The Technical University of Berlin is Europe's best technical and research institute. Over 43,000 students study at this prestigious university, which includes more than 10,000 students who hail from 150+ countries. TU Berlin has been successfully maintaining its rank among the top 200 academic institutes worldwide for many years.

It has secured 156th spot in the latest Times Higher Education World University Rankings. In Germany, its rank is 16th, according to THE. The position of TU Berlin is 158th in the QS World University Rankings 2023. Senatsverwaltung fur Bildung, Wissenschaft und Forschung , Berlin accredited this esteemed German university.

The Technical University of Berlin Highlights

The Technical University of Berlin is one of the important members of TU9. It is the alliance of 9 of the most noteworthy and largest German institutions of technology. This membership allows TU Berlin to be a part of the program that facilitates exchanges of students between engineering institutes. 

The academic activities of this globally renowned university are based on accomplishing 4 sharply defined objectives. Besides the development of a distinct and robust institute profile and contributing to outstanding research performance, two other goals include following a modern university administration approach and ensuring students graduate with impressive marks.

The Technical University of Berlin prioritizes upgrading its campus facilities time and again so as to benefit all students. Aside from students and scholars, guests have the authority to access the university's science library. 

One of the worthwhile endeavors of TU Berlin is to establish robust regional, national, and global networking with trusted partners in the science and technology sector. Graduates reap a host of advantages as most of them find excellent internships or employment opportunities.

Technical University of Berlin Admission

The percentage of international students out of the total student population of TU Berlin is 28%. It enrolls around 33 575 students for undergraduate and postgraduate programs in the summer and almost 35480 students in the winter. International students in good numbers secure admission to this top German university every year, as the acceptance rate is 52%. 

Still, many find it difficult to get enrolled as the institute reviews each application thoroughly. So, completing the application process in the correct manner is of the utmost importance. One must meet every requirement pertinent to admission regardless of the program and level. UG or PG course applicants do not have to pay any fees for the submission of their applications.

Undergraduate Admission to the Technical University of Berlin

The Technical University of Berlin offers over 50 undergraduate degree programs. Many native and international students pursue these courses. Fulfilling the entry requirements is essential for applicants to get enrolled in TU Berlin. One must check the university's official website to learn about the steps to follow while applying to a coveted UG program. 

  • Applying through the Uni Assist application portal is necessary.
  • Applicants must have a high school certificate or equivalent.
  • Proving German language proficiency is a must for UG program applicants. So they need a score of 2 or 3 in DSH or TDN 4 or above in TestDaF.
  • Meeting English proficiency requirements is essential, which is why applicants must attain a score of at least 6.5 in IELTS or 95 in TOEFL iBT.
  • It is a must for applicants to provide a university entrance qualification certificate.
  • Submitting annual reports of the last 2-4 school academic years is necessary.

Here are some crucial documents every UG program applicant must submit online.

  • A copy of the passport
  • Passport photographs
  • Updated Resume
  • Letter of recommendation
  • Statement of Purpose
  • Proof of financial resources

UG program applicants do not have to pay application fees while applying to their coveted programs.

Postgraduate Admission to Technical University of Berlin

TU Berlin stands out because it is the only German technical university that offers over 90 postgraduate degree courses. The Technical University of Berlin teaches only 20 programs in English, and the rest are in German. Meeting entry requirements is necessary for every graduate who wants to pursue a postgraduate degree program.

  • Applying through the university's official application portal for a PG course is essential for applicants.
  • Having a bachelor's degree recognized by German higher education institutes is a must.
  • Meeting German proficiency requirements is necessary, which is why an applicant must secure a point of 2 in DSH or C2 in Goethe-Zertifikat.
  • Attaining at least 95 in TOEFL iBT or 6.5 in IELTS is a must for non-native English-speaking applicants to prove their English language proficiency.
  • Providing all necessary documents while submitting the application form is essential for those who apply for a PG program.

TU Berlin does not charge any application fee for applying to a postgraduate degree course

Eligibility Criteria

One must meet the eligibility criteria to secure admission to a desired UG or PG program at the Technical University of Berlin.

  • An applicant is required to apply via the university application portal for a UG or PG program.
  • Having a higher secondary examination result or equivalent is necessary for UG course applicants.
  • PG program applicants must have a bachelor's degree.
  • Applicants need to prove their proficiency in the English language as well as the German language. 
  • Submitting professional work experience and a statement of purpose is imperative for PG course applicants to secure admission to TU Berlin.
  • Providing all vital documents with the application form is essential for UG and PG program applicants.

Technical University of Berlin Top Programs

  • BSc
  • BE/BTech
  • BAarch
  • BBA
  • BAgri
  • MS
  • MA
  • MSc
  • MBA

Technical University of Berlin Accommodation

Those who want to opt for on-campus accommodation must apply sooner. One must check the website of studierendenWERK as it has a robust database for housing options in Berlin, Germany. An applicant can choose from one of the available 9500 apartments and rooms in around 33 dormitories. 

Many studierendenWERK allotted rooms are reserved for study exchange students. So, it is advisable for international students to apply for a room via the website before boarding the flight. One has the option to reside in an off-campus apartment, homestay, or shared apartment.

The Technical University of Berlin Cost

TU Berlin does not charge any tuition fees. However, all students who pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate degree course have to pay a certain amount of fee before every semester. The semester fee is around 307 EUR for international students. 

Course Tuition Fee (Yearly)

  • Master of Science – 11,800 EUR
  • Master of Arts – 11,850 EUR
  • Master of Business Administration – 21,500 EUR

Cost of Living in Berlin

Indian students will require around 30,000 per month to live in Berlin. Here are some of the most preferred off-campus housing types and monthly rent.

  • Private room – 790 EUR
  • Shared room – 400 EUR
  • Studio room – 1300 EUR
  • Apartment – 1300 EUR

Technical University of Berlin Scholarship

TU Berlin offers a range of scholarships to both its native and international students. The sole objective of awarding scholarships is to provide financial assistance to deserving students. Here are some popular scholarships that international students who study at this German university can apply for:

  • Deutschlandstipendium – 300 EUR every month
  • Erwin-Stephan-Preis – 861 EUR every month
  • Friedrich Ebert Foundation – 830 EUR every month
  • PROMOS – 350-550 EUR every month
  • DAAD Study Scholarships – 750 EUR every month

Technical University of Berlin Placements

The Technical University of Berlin is well-known for offering its students multiple internship opportunities and vocational training, which help them find high-paying jobs. Most TU Berlin graduates earn an average remuneration of 52,000 EUR per annum. Here are some high-paying jobs.

  • Software Developer – 51, 100 EUR
  • Software Engineer – 57,800 EUR
  • Data Analyst – 46, 800 EUR
  • Data Scientist - 56, 600 EUR

Other Universities in Germany that you might be interested in,

Study Abroad
Study in Germany
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants