Technical University of Darmstadt:

Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarships and Placements

Study Abroad Team 25/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Germany’s one of the most popular higher education institutes is the Technical University of Darmstadt. Many students from over 120 nations who dream of studying abroad choose this particular university in Germany. It is mainly renowned for offering programs such as Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, and Mechanical Engineering. 

The university stands out for providing world-class education to its native and international students who contribute to the institute’s cultural diversity. TU Darmstadt was established in 1877, and in 1883, it became the world’s first university to offer a degree program in Electrical Engineering. The esteemed university got permission in 1899 to award doctorates after their study in Germany.

The Technical University of Darmstadt has secured the 246th spot in the latest QS World University Rankings, and its US World and News Report rank is 553rd. It is Germany’s 14th-best higher education institution. The German Accreditation Council completely accredited all the programs that TU Darmstadt offers. 

The Technical University of Darmstadt Highlights

  • TU Darmstadt enjoys a worldwide reputation of excellence in Information Technology and Electrical Engineering. In addition, this German institute’s thematic research-specific priorities are highlighted by six prominent domains. Each profile area represents nationally and globally visible main competencies besides shaping the university’s profile.
  • The prestigious university addresses an area of problem by employing state-of-the-art technology, which is the core of all its disciplines. It believes in following the interdisciplinary approach. The various departments of the institute include engineering, natural sciences, social science, and humanities. 
  • The Technical University of Darmstadt strategically expands its expertise, which is why it maintains robust relationships with many leading research organizations and companies. The top-ranked German higher education institution is a main driving force in technological and economic development.
  • Some well-known research centers situated within the university premises are the Institute for Secure Information Technology, Centre for Heavy Ion Research Centre, Space Operations Centre, and Centre for Computer Graphics Research. Collaborating with these research centers improves research programs’ scope for the students.
  • TU Darmstadt has a noteworthy alumni list, including Gerhard Hennige, Hermann Zapf, Kurt H. Debus, Gerhand M. Sessier, Paul Friedlander, etc. 

Technical University of Darmstadt Admission

TU Darmstadt is home to over 25,000 students and more than 2590 faculty members. It admits students to different undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The Technical University of Darmstadt offers 113 degree courses in multiple disciplines, including engineering, social science, and natural science. 18% of the total student population of the institute comprises international students.

The online application process is easy. However, it is prudent to check the university's official website to stay updated on the application deadlines for different programs. The acceptance rate of TU Darmstadt is 29%, which is why securing admission to this sought-after German institute is quite competitive. 

The university offers admission in two academic semesters – summer and winter. The summer semester begins on the 1st of January, and the winter semester commences on the 1st of June. 

Undergraduate Admission to Technical University of Darmstadt 

UG program applicants must remember that the most crucial thing is meeting the entry requirements. 

  • Filling out an online application form is necessary for every UG course applicant.
  • Submitting school leaving certificates or equivalents is essential.
  • Each applicant has to upload a copy of the grade sheet from the previous qualification.
  • Proving proficiency in the German language is a must for applicants. Therefore, achieving Level 4 in TestDaF or 2-3 in DSH is necessary.
  • Meeting English language proficiency requirements is essential. So, non-native English-speaking applicants must score at least 6.5 in IELTS or 88 in TOEFL iBT. 

Besides the aforementioned ones, every applicant has to submit official academic transcripts, an updated resume, a letter of recommendation, and proof of financial resources. TU Darmstadt does not charge any fee for applying to a UG program.

Postgraduate Admission to Technical University of Darmstadt 

TU Darmstadt offers postgraduate programs in different fields. Most international students choose Engineering, Economics, and Business Administration courses. PG program applicants must not forget that securing admission to one of their coveted courses requires them to meet the entry requirements. 

  • Applying online is essential for every postgraduate program applicant.
  • PG program applicants must be a bachelor’s degree holder.
  • Possessing grade sheets from prior education is of the utmost importance.
  • Providing proof of English language proficiency exam scores is a must for every applicant. Thus, scoring a minimum score of 90 in TOEFL iBT or 6.5 in IELTS is necessary.
  • Attaining at least Level 4 in TestDaF or 2-3 in DSH is important for postgraduate course applicants to prove they are proficient in the German language.

Uploading necessary documents, including an SOP, LOR, a copy of passport, passport photographs, official transcripts, updated CV, and work portfolio, is a must. 

Eligibility Criteria

Enrolling in the Technical University of Darmstadt becomes easier when one successfully meets all the eligibility criteria. 

  • Every UG or PG program applicant must submit their application online through the official application portal.
  • UG applicants must have a school leaving certificate.
  • PG applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field that this German university recognizes.
  • UG and PG course applicants must provide a copy of their grade sheets from previous education.
  • Proving German and English language proficiency is a must for applicants. 

Uploading a bunch of required documents is essential during the online form submission. International students must not forget that it is of paramount importance to apply before the deadline.

Technical University of Darmstadt Top Programs

  • BS Computational Engineering
  • BS Architecture
  • MS Architecture
  • MS Computer Science
  • MS Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
  • MS Energy Science and Engineering

Technical University of Darmstadt Accommodation

TU Darmstadt does not provide on-campus accommodation facilities to its international students who secure admission. However, it does play an instrumental role in helping them find a well-furnished and budget-friendly room near the university campus. Everyone seeking university support to find safe and comfortable housing must follow a process. 

  • International students have to fill out registration forms online for accommodation purposes.
  • They need to mention the type of housing and their budget in the form while filling it out.
  • It is a must for international students to bear certain monthly expenses, including rental, utility, and deposit.
  • Students must take utmost care of the well-equipped rooms they find because of the university’s support.

Many international students from well-to-do families find luxurious off-campus housing on their own. Budget is not a factor for them, so they choose apartments with high-end amenities.

Technical University of Darmstadt Cost

TU Darmstadt stands out because it is one of the German public universities that do not charge any tuition fee for native and international students. 

Cost of Living in Darmstadt

International students who find a place to stay in Darmstadt because of the university’s assistance can save more than those who choose luxurious off-campus housing. Here’s the average cost of monthly living expenses.

  • Housing – 350-520 EUR
  • Transportation – 200-340 EUR
  • Food – 140 – 280 EUR

Technical University of Darmstadt Scholarships

International students who are meritorious and require financial assistance do not get any help from the university because it doesn’t provide scholarship opportunities. Students must apply for available scholarships or financial aid in Germany. 

  • Finland Scholarship: A student who qualifies for this scholarship receives 1250 EUR. The applicant must provide proof of German language proficiency.
  • DAAD Easter Partnership Program: This program fosters international students’ foundation and subsidizes students’ living costs.

Technical University of Darmstadt Placements

Technical University of Darmstadt offers excellent placement opportunities to its students in a range of fields. The institute organizes placement drives where leading companies recruit graduates. The average annual remuneration of a TU Darmstadt graduate is 92,500 EUR.

Other Universities in Germany that you might be interested in,

Study Abroad
Study in Germany
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants