Technical University of Munich:

Rankings, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarships & Placements

Study Abroad Team 25/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Technical University of Munich is one of the top public research universities to study in Germany, currently offering 182 degree programs to students. The University specializes in technology, engineering, natural and applied sciences, and medicine. The University is split into eight faculties and departments. Research centers back these departments. The Technical University of Munich invites applications during the summer and winter seasons. The University excels in the field of research and quality education. Due to its progressive nature, the Technical University of Munich has earned a flagship title for itself.

  • Technical University of Munich is ranked 37 in the QS World University Rankings 2024.
  • The University also holds the 30th position in the World University Rankings 2023 awarded by Times Higher Education.
  • The University stands at the 33rd position in the World Reputation Rankings in 2022 by THE.

The Technical University of Munich Highlights

The Technical University of Munich offers extensive facilities to its students. Some of the facilities that the Technical University of Munich offers to its students are as follows:

  • The University has a dedicated Music and Art center, whereby the members perform in academic orchestras, bands, and choirs.
  • The University has an architecture museum, which is an archive and exhibition that gathers collections and influences teaching and research at the University.
  • The faculties at the University have over 600 professors who impart quality education to the students.

Technical University of Munich Admissions

UG Admissions

  • Interested candidates will have to submit proof of their German language proficiency.
  • Students have to submit their higher education entrance qualification to apply for an undergraduate degree at the University.
  • The interested will have to apply for the undergraduate degree online using the university portal.
  • They will have to upload the necessary documents next, such as a letter of motivation and a brief description of their Bachelor’s thesis.
  • Then, the students will have to review their application and submit it online on the TUM portal.
  • After evaluating the candidates’ academic qualifications and skills, the candidates are called in for an aptitude test. This is conducted to determine the candidate’s eligibility for the program.
  • After the University has undertaken the admission decision, the candidates will receive an acceptance offer. They have to accept the offer and pay the semester fee to enroll in their preferred program.
  • After an admission decision has been made, students might be called in for an interview by their respective departments. This interview is supposed to assist students in choosing a program based on their interests.

PG Admissions

  • The applicants are required to apply online using the portal of the Technical University of Munich, TUM online.
  • While applying, the students are required to upload their German and English language proficiency test results. They also need to submit academic transcripts, which serve as proof of their acquiring their Bachelor’s degree. They also need to upload their work experience certificates for specific programs.
  • After submitting the application online, the applicants will have to keep checking its status. They can check the status of their application on their TUM online account.
  • After the University has undertaken the admission decision, the candidate will receive a notification. The candidates will have to accept the admission offer of the University and pay semester fees to enroll in the programs.

Ph.D. Admissions

  • The interested candidates will first have to choose a dissertation or research topic. They have to prepare a research proposal after that.
  • After selecting a research topic, the candidates will have to contact a potential supervisor. It will be helpful for the candidates if they are able to establish contact while deciding on the research topic. The candidates can contact a professor or an employee with their application materials.
  • The students then have to secure funding for themselves, which will pay off their living expenses in the nation.
  • With the assistance of their supervisor, the candidates will have to contact a graduate center at the Technical University of Munich.
  • After ensuring that the candidates can seek admission at their desired graduate center, they need to conclude their supervision agreement.
  • Then, the candidates are required to apply for entry at the online platform DocGS.
  • After their applications have been accepted in the doctoral candidacy list, the candidates can apply for enrollment at the University.

Eligibility Criteria

Undergraduate Degree

  • Candidates need to secure a 2.0 GPA out of 4.
  • Candidates are required to score a level 4 in TESTDAF or an equivalent score in other German language proficiency tests.

Postgraduate Degree

  • Candidates need to secure a 3.6 GPA.
  • Candidates must score either 88 in TOEFL or 6.5 in IELTS.
  • Candidates must also score level 4 in TESTDAF or equivalent scores in other German language proficiency tests.
  • Candidates must acquire the 90th percentile in the GATE exam.

Technical University of Munich Programs

The Technical University of Munich offers an array of undergraduate, postgraduate, and research programs to its students. Some of the popular programs that TUM offers are:

UG Programs

  • B.A in Architecture
  • B.Sc in Aerospace
  • B.Sc in Sustainable Management and Technology
  • B.Sc in Management and Technology
  • B.Sc in Agricultural and Horticultural Sciences
  • B.Sc in Chemistry
  • B.Sc in Biochemistry
  • B.Sc in Economics
  • B.Sc in Bioinformatics
  • B.Sc in Brewing and Beverage Technology

PG Programs

  • M.A in Architecture
  • M.Sc in Aerospace Engineering
  • M.Sc in Agricultural Biosciences
  • M.Sc in Agrosystem Sciences
  • M.Sc in Automotive Engineering
  • M.Sc in Biochemistry
  • M.Sc in Chemical Biotechnology
  • M.Sc in Cartography

Technical University of Munich Accommodation

The Technical University of Munich offers a wide range of accommodation options to its students. Some of the accommodation options that the Technical University of Munich offers are as follows:

  • Student’s Halls of Residence- Munich Student Union runs the student halls in Munich, while some are run by social and private organizations. These are mostly affordable, and students are required to apply early since they are in high demand.
  • Youth Hostels- While looking for longer accommodation options, students can temporarily stay at youth hostels. These are inexpensive options but require students to be a member of a youth hostel association abroad.
  • Private accommodation- Private rooms and shared apartments are the most popular options for students. These are a little expensive but provide basic amenities and enable students to live independently.

Technical University of Munich Course Fee

The approximate course fees to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate degrees at the Technical University of Munich are as follows:

  • The course fee for an undergraduate degree at the Technical University of Munich is 13430 INR.
  • The course fee for a postgraduate program at the Technical University of Munich is 13430 INR.

The Technical University of Munich Living Cost

The approximate cost of living in Munich, near the Technical University of Munich, to pursue higher education is as follows:

  • Rent- 117250 INR
  • Travel- 5301 INR
  • Entertainment- 4241 INR
  • Utilities- 25977 INR
  • Food & Drink- 5743 INR

Technical University of Munich Scholarships

The University offers a few scholarships to its students. Some of the scholarships and grants awarded by the University are:

  • Deutschlandstipendium- Students who are currently enrolled in undergraduate and graduate programs at the University can apply for it. The students need to acquire high academic achievement and aptitude.
  • Scholarship for International Students- Students who are currently enrolled in undergraduate and graduate programs with non-German entrance certificates can apply. The students need to prove a background of low income and an excellent academic record.
  • Loschge Scholarship- Students who have demonstrated exemplary performance in the field of thermal engineering can apply for this scholarship.

Technical University of Munich Placements

Students of the Technical University of Munich can seek the assistance of the Munich Student Union Job Portal. It is a private placement service that takes care of student placements for jobs and internships. Graduates can look up jobs that suit their qualifications and preferences on the Alumni and Career Portal as well. Some of the most sought-after job roles that graduates of the University pursue, with their approximate average salaries, are:

  • Agronomist- 441787 INR
  • Food Engineer- 477130 INR
  • Chemical Engineer- 512309 INR
  • Data Scientist- 706859 INR
  • Automation Engineer- 530144 INR

Other Universities in Germany that you might be interested in,

Study Abroad
Study in Germany
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants