Free University of Bozen-Bolzano:

Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements

Study Abroad Team 26/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Italy is home to some of the world’s top-ranked higher education institutes, where thousands of students from India and other countries secure admission. Free University of Bozen-Bolzano (Unibz) is a renowned Italian university that offers students a practice-oriented, multilingual education. 

Most students who pass out from this reputed university meet the growing demands of the local and European-continent labor market. The Free University of Bozen-Bolzano stands out from other higher education institutes in Italy and Europe because of the multilingual aspect of its programs and research.

Unibz was established in 1997, and the main campus is in Bolzano, Italy. The prestigious university has secured a position between 641 and 650 in the latest QS World University Rankings. It achieved the 92nd spot in Young University Rankings 2023. The Ministry of Universities and Research has accredited the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano.

Free University of Bozen-Bolzano Highlights

  • Unibz prioritizes trilingualism (Italian, German, and English) in research, teaching, lectures, seminars, and conferences. This esteemed Italian university comprises three campuses – Brixen, Bolzano, and Bruneck. 

  • The Free University of Bozen-Bolzano is globally known for its emphasis on a higher standard of internalization. The robust international outlook of this institute compels study abroad aspirants in considerable numbers to choose it.

  • International students get the perfect environment to enrich their knowledge in their preferred disciplines. In addition, students who hail from different countries get the chance to master their communication skills. Landing high-paying jobs becomes more accessible because of such skills.

  • Unibz has five prominent faculties: technology, economics, computer science, natural sciences, and social and educational world. Each faculty hosts different events throughout the year for students, researchers, businesses, and organizations. 

  • This esteemed higher education institute promotes research activities as well as young, dynamic, and talented researchers. Unibz provides practical training, so a substantial part of education occurs through workshops, seminars, and lectures by guests and experts from diverse industries.

Free University of Bozen-Bolzano Admission

Unibz admits thousands of European and non-European students every year. Around 11% of the total body of students at this Italian university consists of international students. The academic year at this reputed higher education institute is segmented into two semesters. The first semester begins in late September and ends in mid-January. The second semester commences from mid-February and continues till early June. 

The intake for each course the university offers varies depending on the program and the level of study. The application process is pretty straightforward for both domestic and international students. However, it is advisable to check the official website of Unibz to have clear knowledge of the application deadlines. 

Undergraduate Admission to the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano

Unibz offers a range of undergraduate degree programs to study in Italy that are quite popular among students from India and several other countries. Each applicant has to meet the entry requirements to increase their possibilities of securing admission to the institute. 

  • Applicants need to apply for their desired UG programs via the official application portal of Unibz.

  • Having a high school diploma or certificate or equivalent is essential for a student applying for a UG course.

  • Achieving a minimum GPA of 2.0 can help an applicant stand an excellent chance of getting enrollment.

  • Taking a standardized exam such as the SAT or ACT is necessary for applicants.

  • Proving English language proficiency requires international applicants to score well in TOEFL – 80 or IELTS – 6.0

Uploading the below-mentioned crucial documents while submitting the application form online is a must for UG program applicants.

  • A copy of the passport

  • Passport size pictures

  • Academic transcripts

  • Letter of recommendation

  • Statement of Purpose

  • Proof of financial resources

  • Work Portfolio

  • Updated Resume

Paying the application fee is necessary for local and international applicants. The fee ranges from 50-100 EUR.

Postgraduate Admission to the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano

Unibz is the most preferred university to study in Italy among many international graduates because it offers multiple postgraduate degree programs. Students who pursue their desired master’s degree courses at this institution can enrich their knowledge much better owing to the highly qualified and experienced faculty. Fulfilling the entry requirements is of the utmost importance for each applicant who wants to enroll in a PG course.

  • Applying for a PG course through the university’s official application portal is necessary.

  • Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field.

  • Applicants must maintain at least a GPA of 2.0 to improve their admission chances.

  • Taking a standardized test such as GMAT or GRE and scoring well can benefit applicants.

  • Securing at least 80-85 in TOEFL or 6.0-6.5 in IELTS is necessary for every non-native English-speaking international applicant to prove their English proficiency.

Some postgraduate programs may require applicants to appear for an admission exam or upload work portfolios. In addition, applicants need to upload all necessary documents when submitting the application form. Making the payment of the application fee (50-100 EUR) is a must for applicants.

Eligibility Criteria

Meeting the following requirements is paramount for students who apply for an undergraduate or postgraduate course at the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano.

  • UG program applicants must have a higher secondary certificate or equivalent.

  • PG program applicants need to hold a bachelor’s degree.

  • Maintaining a minimum 2.0 GPA is necessary for those who apply for a UG or PG program.

  • Appearing for SAT or ACT is essential for UG course applicants, and taking the GRE or GMAT exam can help PG course applicants significantly.

  • Scoring well in TOEFL or IELTS is a must for international applicants who are non-native English speakers.

  • Submitting all requisite documents and the application form and paying the application fee before the deadline is vital.  

Free University of Bozen-Bolzano Top Programs

  • Bachelor of Computer Science

  • Bachelor of Science and Technology

  • Bachelor of Industrial and Mechanical Engineering

  • Bachelor of Economics and Management

  • Bachelor of Design and Art

  • Master of Computer Science

  • Master of Environmental Management and Ecology

  • Master of Applied Linguistics

  • Master of International Management

Free University of Bozen-Bolzano Accommodation

Unibz has multiple student halls in Bruneck-Brunico and Brixen-Bressanone, besides Bozen-Bolzano. International students who secure admission to this prestigious university can get accommodation that the institute provides if they apply sooner rather than later. Many Indians and students from other nations choose to reside in off-campus housing. The accommodation options usually include single rooms, double rooms, shared rooms, and one-bedroom apartments.

Free University of Bozen-Bolzano Cost

The Free University of Bozen-Bolzano is a reputed Italian public university, so it does not charge substantial annual tuition fees from students who qualify for a UG or PG program. International students need to pay around 2335 EUR per year. However, it varies depending on the course and the study level.

Course Tuition Fee (Annually)

  • Bachelor of Computer Science – 1100-1400 EUR

  • Bachelor of Science and Technology – 1250 – 1550 EUR

  • Bachelor of Design and Art – 1180 – 1400 EUR

  • Master of Environmental Management and Ecology – 1200 – 1500 EUR

  • Master of Applied Linguistics – 1150 – 1670 EUR

Cost of Living 

International students who choose on-campus accommodation must pay between 8400 and 9800 EUR per year. On the other hand, those who live off-campus have to bear anywhere between 180 – 550 EUR per month on average for accommodation.

Free University of Bozen-Bolzano Scholarships

Unibz offers financial aid or scholarships to qualified international students studying in Italy who secure admission. Here are some available scholarships.

  • Unibz International Award – 5000 – 10,000 EUR

  • Unibz Scholarship for Sustainable Development – 5500-11,000 EUR

  • Master’s Degree Programs Scholarships – 4000 – 7000 EUR

  • Double Degree Scholarships – Waiver of total tuition fees and 5000 EUR stipend

Free University of Bozen-Bolzano Placements

The Free University of Bozen-Bolzano boasts a department responsible for providing career services, ensuring placement assistance, and required support to final-year students. The department helps students as well as alumni to bag lucrative and rewarding jobs. Unibz has partnered with multiple local and global companies that offer internship opportunities, besides part-time and full-time employment, to qualified graduates. 

You might also interested in Other Universities for Studying in Italy:

Study Abroad
Study in Italy
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 186 Answers - 192
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants