Politecnico di Milano:

Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements

Study Abroad Team 26/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Politecnico di Milano, the Polytechnic University of Milan, is widely known as the most significant technical University based in Italy. Founded in 1863, the Polytechnic University of Milan is also known as the oldest University in Milan. More than 42,000 students’ study at this University in any academic year. A large part of the student population of the Polytechnic University of Milan comprises international students.

The University has two primary campuses in Milan, Italy. On these campuses, most of the teaching and research-based activities of the University take place. The University has five satellite campuses in as many as five different cities. The widespread presence of the University makes international students further hopeful about securing admission here.

Politecnico di Milano Highlights

  • Being the oldest University in the city of Milan, the Polytechnic University of Milan boasts of a rich legacy. It was established by Francesco Brioschi, who was serving as the secretary of the Ministry of Education. 

  • Initially, civil engineering and industrial engineering were the only two courses taught at the institute. However, as time passed by, the curriculum of the University expanded, and it started offering a wide range of courses in multiple disciplines. 

  • At the moment, the Polytechnic University of Milan has as many as 7 campuses. While two of the University’s campuses are in Milan, five satellite campuses are spread across different locations in Lombardy and Emilia Romagna. 

  • Milan Leonardo, which happens to be the oldest campus in the University, continues to exist. Over the years, this particular campus has expanded significantly and is now known as Città Studi, which translates to City of Studies. The central administration offices, most of the research departments, and the rectorate are based on this campus.

  • Another important campus of the Polytechnic University of Milan is Milan Bovisa. Since 1989, the Milan Bovisa campus has been the home to schools offering courses on design, industrial engineering, aerospace engineering, and mechanical engineering. The wind tunnel is one of the many research facilities that are a part of this campus.

Politecnico di Milano Admissions

  • Every academic year, the Polytechnic University of Milan educates at least 8,000 international students. These numbers testify to the fact that many international students from different countries apply for different courses offered by the Polytechnic University of Milan every year. 

  • An international student can apply for a course or program offered by the University by visiting its official website. The application fee ranges from 50 – 150 EUR, depending on the course the student is applying for. International students can also download the University’s brochure from the website. 

  • If an international student is planning to write and send an application during the fall, they should know that the deadline is mostly the 14th or 15th of July. If they plan to apply for a course that starts on 18th July, they must send their application form by or before 18th July. 

  • Since the courses and programs at the Politecnico di Milano are taught in English, an international student has to appear for one of the prominent English proficiency tests like the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and get a good score in them. While applying for a course at the Polytechnic University of Milan, they must submit their test scores. 

  • While submitting an SOP is not required for an international student, submitting written essays, a letter of recommendation (LOR), and a resume is mandatory for certain courses. While applying for a particular course, students would be informed about the number and type of documents they need to submit.

Politecnico di Milano Eligibility Criteria

  • While applying for a course or program by the Politecnico di Milano, an international student must check the country-specific requirements and also find out about the minimum CGPA stated by the University for a Particular Course. The Polytechnic University of Milan takes CGPA requirements very seriously and accepts or rejects many applications based on that. If the CGPA of an applicant is lower than what is required, the administration will not review their application any further.

  • To do a master’s course at the Polytechnic University of Milan, an individual must go through the European Qualifications Framework and check whether they fulfill all the requirements or not. 

  • The documents required to be submitted for a particular course must be in PDF format. The candidate would also have to scan their original documents and submit the scanned copies to the University while submitting their application form.

  • If the applicant has both a bachelor’s and master’s degree, the administrative department will evaluate their credentials based on their bachelor’s degree. 

  • After paying the application fee, the applicant would not have the option of making any alteration to the document submitted by them. They will also not be able to submit any additional documents. The University will assess the candidate based on their submitted documents before paying the application fee.

  • If a candidate submits an incomplete application form, the University will not process and reject it. 

  • While submitting academic documents, a candidate must remember that the University accepts them in four languages: English, Italian, Spanish, and French. If the academic documents are in another language, the candidate must translate them into any of these four languages. Apart from the academic transcripts, every candidate should consider sending a letter of recommendation. 

  • If a candidate submits their resume, portfolio, or motivation letter, they must ensure it is either in English or Latin.

Politecnico di Milano Programs

The Polytechnic University of Milan has four major institutions: the School of Design, the School of Civil, Environmental, and Land Management Engineering, the School of Industrial & Information Engineering, and the School of Architecture Urban Planning Construction Engineering. 

  • School of Architecture Urban Planning Construction EngineeringSomebody who wants to get their bachelor’s degree can choose from a variety of courses offered by the School of Architecture Urban Planning Construction Engineering. Apart from architectural design, it offers building engineering, urban planning, and building and construction engineering courses. 

The institution offers a master’s degree in courses like architectural design and history, building and architectural engineering, architecture in built environment, building and architectural engineering, and building engineering. 

  • School of Design

The School of Design offers a bachelor’s degree in communication, product, fashion, and interior design. Those vying for a master’s degree can study communication design, design for the fashion system, integrated product design, interior and spatial design, digital and interaction design, and design and engineering. 

  • School of Civil, Environmental, and Land Management Engineering

The School of Civil, Environmental, and Land Management Engineering offers a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, civil engineering for risk mitigation, and environmental and land planning engineering. Students enrolled in this institution can get a master’s degree in the same subjects. 

  • School of Industrial and Information Engineering

The School of Industrial and Information Engineering provides students with a bachelor’s degree and master’s degree in aeronautical engineering, automation and control engineering, agricultural engineering, biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, and bioinformatics for computational genomics. 

Politecnico di Milano Scholarships

Politecnico di Milano is known for encouraging meritorious students by rewarding them with scholarships that look after their tuition fee but also helps them pay their living expenses. These merit-based scholarships are divided into three types: platinum scholarships, silver scholarships, and gold scholarships.

  • Platinum Scholarship

An individual who gets a platinum scholarship from Politecnico di Milano, 10,000€ per academic year, and their tuition fees, too, get waived. After the tax deductions, the total scholarship amount is transferred to the beneficiary's bank account over 2-3 installments. The administrative fee is the only thing the student would be required to pay.

  • Silver Scholarship

When students receive a silver scholarship, they can expect their entire tuition fee to be waived. Apart from the administrative fee, they wouldn’t have any academic expenses.

  • Gold Scholarship

Along with receiving 5,000€ per academic year, the tuition fee of the recipient gets waived. The student will be asked to pay only the administrative fee. 

Politecnico di Milano Placements

  • Politecnico di Milano is one of those universities in Milan that organizes workshops to guide and prepare students to face job interviews. The faculty members also help students build their profiles or resumes. 

  • The salary an international student can expect to get after getting placed depends on the job they have undertaken and the company they have been hired by. While an executive manager can expect to earn $115,000 annually, somebody working in financial services could earn around $98,000.  

Study Abroad
Study in Italy
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants