Polytechnic University of Bari:

Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements

Study Abroad Team 26/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Polytechnic University of Bari is a Public University in Italy offering its students technological and scientific programs. The University offers I and II-level postgraduate courses and Ph.D. degrees alongside graduate and master's degrees. The University is well known for producing future engineers, architects, and industrial designers. Over 2000 students are granted admission to this University each year over its different locations. Basic and applied research activities are organized at the University's Departments and Research Centers.

It is one of Italy's top universities and holds the 566th rank in the QS World University Rankings. 

The University is also ranked at the 573rd position in the Best Global Universities Rankings. 

The acceptance rate at the University is 75-80%, and the language of education is Italian. Some programs are also taught in the English language. Students applying for university programs must possess a B2-level language proficiency in English and Italian. 

The Polytechnic University of Bari Highlights 

Polytechnic University of Bari is one of the most popular universities in Italy. It offers certain facilities to all its students, which are:

  • The University focuses on research and innovation and houses various research institutes and centers. The faculty members here are experienced and highly qualified, imparting quality education to the students.
  • Besides academic courses, the University has developed extra-curricular activities for its students to provide them with a complete learning experience. 
  • International students at the University are assisted with mentoring programs to help them adapt to University life in Italy. The students can also ask for career guidance, for which the University arranges different counseling programs.
  • The University hosts cultural events like art exhibitions, film screenings, and concerts. This helps students explore the cultural heritage of Bari and the other surrounding regions of the city.
  • The University offers financial literacy programs, too, to help students learn how to manage their finances. 
  • The students here have access to a vast campus with lecture rooms, modern buildings, study rooms, research laboratories, leisure facilities, and an Internet point. 

Polytechnic University of Bari Admission

UG Admission

  • The undergraduate programs at the University are taught in Italian. This requires the students to submit proof of their Italian language proficiency.
  • The candidates are needed to submit their application through the University's Esse3 platform. During this, the candidates must also choose their desired undergraduate program on the platform.
  • To prove their identity, academic qualification, and language proficiency, the candidates must upload translated certificates. 

PG Admission

  • The candidates need to submit their applications through the Esse3 platform. Then, they need to select a master's degree course.
  • The candidates are required to possess eligible entry qualifications for their desired master's degree course. 
  • The candidates submitting foreign educational qualifications are required to appear for an entrance examination for their particular academic program. 
  • The students are further required to submit the necessary documents, which are valid identity and academic career documents.  
  • The candidates need to submit an English language proficiency certificate. This certificate must verify their level of proficiency in the language. 
  • The candidates possessing foreign qualifications are required to provide a certificate of their final secondary educational qualification. This has to be issued by their institution. 
  • For a master's degree, the candidates must possess a B1-level knowledge of the English language. 
  • The candidates who satisfy the requirements will receive information about the steps to fulfill the admission procedure. The information will be provided on the University's official website. 

PhD Admission 

  • Candidates applying for PhD degree at the University need to hold a second-level degree qualification or a Master's degree. A universally recognized university must award the qualification. 
  • Candidates need to apply online through the Esse3 platform. 
  • Information regarding the selection procedure and subsequent details about admission ranking and others will be mailed to the candidates. These will be mailed to the email addresses that they provided during their application. 
  • Candidates will further need to submit the necessary documents like their valid identity proof, certificates, and others. 
  • Candidates seeking admission to PhD programs at the University will have to appear for a public examination, which is developed to ascertain their knowledge in the areas they have applied for. 
  • Candidates will also have to appear for an oral examination and demonstrate a good hold over the English language. International candidates will also have to prove a satisfactory knowledge of the Italian language.
  • After the publication of the admission rankings, the candidates must enroll through the Esse3 platform using the credentials used during the application procedure. 

Eligibility Criteria 

Undergraduate Degrees

  • Completion of 12 years of education 
  • Securing a minimum score at the University Entrance Examination
  • A B2 level language proficiency in English and Italian
  • Necessary paperwork like passport, student visa, and translated certificates

Postgraduate and Doctoral Degrees

  • Completion of an undergraduate degree for postgraduate programs and a postgraduate degree for PhD programs
  • B2 level language proficiency in English language
  • The programs must be compatible with the obtained undergraduate programs
  • Necessary paperwork like visa, passport, certificates and others

Polytechnic University of Bari Programs 

The Polytechnic University of Bari offers an array of undergraduate, postgraduate, and research programs. Some popular programs that the university offers are: 

  • Bachelor's in Aerospace Systems Engineering 
  • Bachelor's in Electronic and Telecommunications Engineering  
  • Bachelor's in Computer and Automation Engineering 
  • Bachelor's in Management Engineering 
  • Master's in Medical Systems Engineering
  • Master's in Civil Engineering
  • Master's in Automation Engineering 
  • Master's in Management Engineering 

Polytechnic University of Bari Accommodation

Students are offered quite a few accommodation and housing options to stay within and near the campus of the University. The accommodation options that are available to the students are listed:

Student Dormitories: These are a safe and affordable option for students to choose from. The students of the University can look up dormitories near the campus. The University itself offers a few dormitories to its students, whereby they have to share a few common spaces. 

Private apartments: This gives students a more independent environment to enjoy their privacy. Although the rented apartments are a little expensive, they have more amenities.

Polytechnic University of Bari Course Fee

  • The approximate course fees to pursue higher education at the Polytechnic University of Bari are: 
  • The course fee for an undergraduate program at the Polytechnic University of Bari is 3.7 lakhs INR.
  • The course fee for a postgraduate program at the Polytechnic University of Bari is 11.6 lakhs INR.

Polytechnic University of Bari Living Cost 

The approximate cost of living in Bari, Italy, near the University is, on average: 

  • Rent: 44,434 INR
  • Food & drink: 1777 INR
  • Transportation: 80 INR
  • Entertainment: 1333 INR

Polytechnic University of Bari Scholarships

The scholarships and grants accepted at the Polytechnic University of Bari are:

  • Italian Government Scholarships for Foreign Students: It is available to International students opting for degrees at institutions in Italy. 
  • Higher Education Scholarship Test for Indian students: It is a merit-based scholarship requiring students to undertake a national-level test. 

Polytechnic University of Bari Placements

The University carries out post-university orientation and intermediation activities to assist students in their search for work through placements. The University has partnerships with leading companies across the globe, which helps students connect with employers. It also provides students practical work experience by engaging them in cooperative education programs and internships. Some of the sought-after programs for the University's students with average salary are: 

  • Automation Engineer: 303767 INR 
  • Civil Engineer: 317090 INR 
  • Electrical Engineer: 342849 INR 
  • Energy Engineer: 308208 INR 
  • Mechanical Engineer: 327749 INR

You might also interested in Other Universities for Studying in Italy:

Study Abroad
Study in Italy
Polytechnic University of Bari
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants