Sapienza University of Rome:

Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements

Study Abroad Team 26/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza," commonly known as the Sapienza University of Rome, is one of Italy's most prestigious and well-known universities. With its founding history dating back as old as 1303, the university is regarded as one of the oldest institutions of higher education in Europe and probably around the globe. The institution is known for its academic excellence, high-class amenities, and extremely knowledgeable faculty members.  

Located in the historical city of Italy, the university is rich in cultural heritage, with the campus steeped in history comprising buildings dating back centuries. The university provides a wide array of undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral-level programs.  

Below is a guide to all the necessary details students must know if planning to study here, such as admission requirements, tuition costs, application process, accommodation options, scholarships, and more. 

Sapienza University of Rome, Italy Highlights 

  • For Indian students planning to study in Italy, Sapienza University is one of the most sought-after destinations. Below are some interesting facts, figures, and highlights about this institution that might be helpful for applicants.  
  • The university is largely populated, with over 120,000 students currently enrolled as of 2023. 
  • The Sapienza University of Rome boasts an extensive library system on the campus, including the historic Biblioteca Alessandrina, which houses nearly 1.5 million volumes, including manuscripts, autograph material, drawings, and historical and rare material. 
  • The university hosts around 9000 international students annually, with nearly 1500 exchange students. Therefore, it is safe to say that the university has a diverse student population. 
  • As of 2023, the university was ranked overall #134 according to QS World University Rankings and a range of #111-120 by Graduate Employment Ranking. 

Sapienza University of Rome Admissions 

As per the latest statistics, Sapienza University of Rome has an overall acceptance rate of 39%, making the university a competitive institution. All applications for admission into the college are entertained only via the university website. Furthermore, a minimal fee of around 10 EUR is charged for every application.  

Below are some basic entry requirements students must fulfill to be eligible for admission into the Sapienza University of Rome. 

Admission Eligibility Requirements for Sapienza University of Rome, Italy 

  • Students applying for a bachelor’s program must document a high school diploma and transcripts showing completion of secondary education.  
  • Some of the bachelor programs provided by the university, such as BSc in Nursing, require students to clear an entrance test conducted by the university itself.  
  • For students applying for graduate programs, a minimum 3-year bachelor’s degree or equivalent must be documented for eligibility. 
  • Certain programs have specific requirements that do not fall under the general admission criteria list. Therefore, students are advised to review the university’s official website for detailed, up-to-date, and accurate information about each course. 
  • Indian students will also be required to document proof of proficiency in the English language to get into any program offered by the institution. Standardized English language tests that the university readily accepts include IELTS (minimum overall band of 6.5), TOEFL (minimum score of 80 for internet-based test and 550 for paper-based test), TOEIC (minimum score of 730), and CEFR (minimum grade of B2).  
  • If the student does not have the required language certifications, they will be selected based on their performance in the interview round.  
  • Additionally, a range of required documentation is required to be digitally submitted at the time of application. This includes documents showing proof of financial resources, a copy of passport, copies of graduate/diploma and high-school certificate, a statement of purpose, and letters of recommendation. 

Sapienza University of Rome, Italy Programs 

As of 2023, Sapienza University of Rome offers over 275 bachelor’s and master's programs across various disciplines. The university also offers 81 PhD courses that revolve around extensive research. Currently, 37 of the university’s programs are taught in English to attract an international audience. 

Below are some of the most popular programs offered by Sapienza University of Rome that are widely pursued by many Indian students studying here.   

  • BSc in Bioinformatics 
  • BSc in Nursing 
  • BSc in Hospitality Management 
  • BSc in Sustainable Building Engineering 
  • BA in Classics 
  • MSc in Architecture 
  • MSc Atmospheric Science and Technology 
  • MSc in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics 
  • MSc in Business Management 
  • MSc in Chemical Engineering for Innovative Processes & Products 
  • MSc Computer Science 
  • MA Classical Archaeology 
  • MSc Cognitive Neuroscience 
  • MA Fashion Studies 
  • MSc Engineering in Computer Science  
  • MSc Mechanical Engineering 
  • MSc (with specialization in Science and Technology for the Conservation of Cultural Heritage)
  • MSc in Physics 
  • MSc in Product Design 
  • MSc Space and Astronautical Engineering 

Sapienza University of Rome, Italy Accommodation 

Sapienza University has special agreements with public and private rental agencies to provide domestic and international students with housing options. Below is an overview of these agencies and the alternatives they provide. 

  • STURENT: This agency provides houses, rooms, and free rent for students from affiliated universities. The rent may range from 380 to 600 EUR. 
  • DoveVivo: Located in strategic areas near the university campus, this rental agency offers 120 beds for Sapienza students.  
  • Camplus College Rome: This agency has both single and double-sharing rooms for students along with all necessary facilities such as telephone, internet connection, study rooms, gym, air-conditioned rooms, PC stations, libraries, entertainment areas, and conference halls. It is in the Pietralata Neighbourhood, 150 meters from Line B “Pietralata” Subway Stop. 

More information about the housing options is available on the official websites of each agency. 

 Sapienza University of Rome, Italy Costs 

Below are brief details on the tuition fees and accommodation costs one can expect while studying at Sapienza University of Rome.   

Course Fee

Students who belong to category A countries, such as India, are expected to pay a tuition fee of 300 EUR, which is to be paid in three installments. 

Accommodation Costs

Students who opt for rooms via the university’s partnered rental agencies can expect the following monthly costs: 

  • Single Rooms: From 500 to 600 EUR depending upon the room 
  • Double Rooms: From 360 to 380 EUR 

Sapienza University of Rome, Italy Scholarships  

The university offers several scholarships for domestic as well as international students. Below are the two most popular merit-based, international scholarships offered by Sapienza University for the session 2023-24. 

Don’t Miss Your Chance Scholarship – This competition awards 11 2-year scholarships worth 4,300 EUR each year for deserving students. Winners will also be exempt from tuition fees and only have to pay a minimal contribution of 30 EUR. The application deadline for this scholarship is November 14, 2023.

Wanted the Best Scholarship – This competition will award winners 85 2-year scholarships worth 3,000 EUR each year. The application deadline for this scholarship is 24 October 2023. 

Sapienza University of Rome, Italy Placements 

The university offers top career opportunities to students along with adequate guidance and assistance in placements and internships. Below is the estimated average salary for employees who graduate from Sapienza University of Rome.  

  • Human Resources – Around 95,000 USD annually 
  • Architecture, Real Estate & Design – Around 85,000 USD annually 
  • Executive Management & Change – Around 120,000 USD annually 
  • Finance and Business – Around 105,000 USD annually 
  • Legal Services – Around 83,000 USD annually 
  • Sales & Business Development – Around 85,000 USD annually 

You might also interested in Other Universities for Studying in Italy:

Study Abroad
Study in Italy
Sapienza University of Rome
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants