University of Florence:

Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarships & Placements

Study Abroad Team 26/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

The Italian University of Florence, located in Florence, is included among the best 1000 global universities. It is a top-rated international university and gained the rank of 301st in the Academic Ranking of World Universities ( as per Shanghai Jiao Tong University). 

For the academic year 2023/2024, the University of Florence offers the following qualification programs, namely Laurea, first cycle degree (equivalent to a bachelor's degree), LM or Laurea Magistrale, a second cycle degree (equivalent to a Master's degree), and LMc.u. or Laurea Magistrale a ciclo unico, a cycle that combines Bachelor & Master degrees (after completion of 5 or 6-year educational program). 

The University of Florence Highlights 

  • The reputed university is also one of the primary Italian law schools 
  • The University of Florence is officially declared as the national 'Department of Excellence' 
  • The Ministry of Education, University, and Research confers the Title of Excellence.
  • The teaching faculty members of the university and the alumni are known to hold important government posts in Italy. 
  • The Faculty of Engineering was added to the other ten faculties in the year 1970
  • Courses offered include agriculture, arts, architecture, economics, law, mathematics, pharmacy, natural sciences, law, medicine and surgery, and political science. 

The University of Florence Admission 

Bachelor's Degree Admission Eligibility Criteria 

First Cycle Degree for non-EU students who wish to gain admission in the first cycle or for a bachelor's degree or single cycle degree must have obtained the necessary qualifications and completed a minimum of 12 years of school period. 

For Admission to the First Cycle and Combined Degrees 

  • Relevant educational qualification as per rules for study qualifications outside of the country
  • Scanning of passport along with a visa for university educational purposes 
  • A scanned copy of a genuine residence permit or the acquired receipt of the application for a residence permit 
  • Qualification obtained in a shorter education period may require the involvement of ministerial provisions (on the Ministry website). Submission of pre-registration applications can be done via the University portal within a specific deadline period (set by the Italian Ministry). 

Second Cycle Master's Degree Admissions Eligibility Criteria 

Non-EU students wanting admission to the Second Cycle LM program need to follow all the necessary guidelines mentioned in the Laurea magistrate page, including the pre-requisites, matriculation requests, and evaluation requests. 

For Admission to the Second Cycle 

  • Academic title and certification confirming Bachelor level qualification 
  • Certificate indicating university exams confirming taken and legalized 
  • Certificates are required to be translated into the Italian language (apart from those written in English, Spanish, or French. 
  • Supplement diploma certificate and legalization 
  • Clearance document required that an Academic Board duly issues 

Compulsory registration of online student services and competition of online application should be done to enroll in 2023/2024 degree programs (bachelor, combined, or Master). Online applications are conducted from 13th July 2023 till the 8th November 2023. The system will generate matriculation tuition plus fees that must be paid before 8th November 2023. 

Italian Language Knowledge Test 

All non-EU foreign students living abroad wanting to enroll in any undergraduate degree or Master's program lectured in the Italian language should attempt the Italian Language Knowledge Test (except those specially exempted). 

University of Florence Course Programmes 

Bachelors and Masters 

  • Laurea, the First Cycle Degree (similar to a bachelor's degree). It is a three-year program
  • LM, a Second Cycle Degree (similar to a Master's Degree). It is a two-year program
  • LM.c.u. It is a Single Cycle Degree that combines bachelor's and Master's degrees. It is offered only for some special courses. It is a 5 to 6-year educational program. 

Other Option - Diploma or PhD

Students with an LM or Master's Degree can obtain a specialization diploma DS or a Ph.D. (Dottorato di Ricerca). The study programs at the University of Florence are acknowledged worldwide (in European and non-European nations). PhD courses offered by the University follow similar guidelines. 

University of Florence Accommodations 

Excellent and decent facilities are offered to students at reduced rates. A list of accommodations can include bed and breakfast, hotels, residences, and hostels. Students can contact the hosting departments for these facilities. 

Some Prime Facilities 

  • The Evergreen Residence facility is managed by Evergreen, which is a private firm. 
  • The Social Hub Florence is a private facility located in a prime area  CX Florence Student Place is a facility with 199 rooms and 246 beds, plus many other amenities like a cafeteria, rooftop, laundry area, etc. 
  • Camplus Florence facility is built out of a 20th-century structure 

The Tuscan Regional Board also addresses students' lodging requirements and offers studio accommodations in its facilities. Students have to apply for these accommodations beforehand. Students can opt for university residences if their hometown is far away (outside the Florentine metro region). Accommodations are also offered based on students' academic merits or lack of financial funds. 

Students can also log online to gain info about housing and lodgings. Websites like Housinganywhere or Feel Florence can help them search better. Accommodation for Ph.D. and research students doing projects funded by the university can book accommodations via Welcome Service. These students need to make advance requests to the hosting school or department. 

University of Florence Fees & Living Cost 

All the fees and other contributions are settled via the official website payment system (PagoPA). Under section 13 on the Student Regulations page, all information regarding student fees for studying each year in the esteemed university is mentioned. 

The fee amount is the same for admission in any of the cycles: bachelor's, Master's, or single degree programs. Information about other study paths such as doctoral programs can be found on the university web pages under each separate course. Get detailed tuition fee info in Italian also (Manifesto degli Studi). 

Living Cost in Florence 

The living costs for foreign students in the country can range between Euro 700 and 1000 per month. Costs include food, housing, transport, local travel, and light entertainment. Living in Florence can be a wondrous experience, and less expensive compared to cities like Milan or Rome. Students can ask other local students about average monthly expenses in Florence or Bologna. Average expenses can range between 750 to 1150 Euros per month in Bologna. While average expenses can be around 850 to 1300 Euro per month in Florence. 

University of Florence Scholarships

Some of the courses listed for scholarships include the following. 

  • School of Mathematical, Physical and Natural Sciences, Florence - Advanced Molecular Sciences - Graduate, full-time, 2 years, Study language: English
  • School of Mathematical, Physical and Natural Sciences, Florence - Software Science and Technology - Graduate, full-time, 2 years, Study language: English
  • School of Humanities and Education, Florence - Geography, Spatial Management, Heritage for International Cooperation - Graduate, full-time, 2 years, Study language: English
  • School of Engineering, Florence - Management Engineering - Graduate, full-time, 2 years, Study language: English
  • School of Engineering, Florence - Geoengineering - Graduate, full-time, 2 years, Study language: English
  • School of Engineering, Florence - Mechanical Engineering for Sustainability - Graduate, full-time, 2 years, Study language: English
  • School of Architecture, Florence - URPD - Graduate, full-time, 2 years, Study language: English
  • School of Architecture, Florence - Architettura - Graduate, full-time, 2 years, Study language: English
  • School of Architecture, Florence - Urban and Regional Planning for Sustainability - Graduate, full-time, 2 years, Study language: English

University of Florence Placements    

Career Service looks after job orientation and placement procedures. All students (graduates and doctoral) can expect to get good support for their career options and choices. 

Career Service Offers 

  • Assessment Center Simulation
  • Career Day
  • Course on Effective Communication
  • Curriculum Vitae check

Training workshops Conducted in Three Modules 

  • Campus Enterprise
  • Job offers
  • Meeting with Employers

There are mock interviews and skills maps to assist students in planning a solid career path. 

Internship 

The university offers an online database to help easy access to internships. Both students and passed graduates can search for companies or businesses that have agreed to host interns. They can apply via the platform St@ge and gather more information. 

You might also interested in Other Universities for Studying in Italy:

Study Abroad
Study in Italy
University of Florence
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants