University of Genoa:

Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements

Study Abroad Team 26/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Italy is one of the European nations that are incredibly popular among many study-abroad aspirants. Italian colleges and universities are renowned globally for offering a range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The University of Genoa (UniGe) is a prestigious higher education institution in Italy that encourages students to succeed in business-relevant careers. 

This esteemed Italian university was established in 1481, which is why it is one of the country's oldest and largest higher education institutes. It has multiple independent and regional campuses situated in various places. The University of Genoa gives admission to around 2,000 international students every year. 9.3% of the total student body comprises foreign students.

The University of Genoa has secured the 300th spot in the latest list of the Best Global Universities Rankings. It is at the 126th position among the best universities in Europe, and 14th is its ranking in the list of the best higher education institutes in Italy. The Italian Ministry of Education, Universities, and Research has accredited the University of Genoa.

The University of Genoa Highlights

  • The University of Genoa is instrumental in developing the new visual identity to properly translate the overall personality and values of the university community into an image. 

  • Microsoft Academic Search has confirmed that UniGe boasts one of the higher-ranking spots among the European higher education institutes in Computer Science.

  • The University of Genoa comprises a total of five schools and twenty-three departments. It boasts 11 faculties, and each faculty member is highly qualified and comes from diverse academic backgrounds. 

  • Besides prioritizing top-quality research and education, UniGe promotes Third Mission-related activities. It helps propagate revolutionary ideas, knowledge, and culture, contributing socially and culturally. 

  • UniGe is the perfect destination for domestic and international students as it ensures a dynamic and vibrant learning environment. It provides all requisite facilities to students and is equipped with state-of-the-art technology.

University of Genoa Admission

UniGe is the only Italian university that receives the highest number of applications from international students aspiring to study in Italy annually. It offers an eclectic variety of undergraduate and postgraduate programs pursued by admitted foreign students. The application process is simple because of the few steps an applicant needs to follow. 

The acceptance rate of the University of Genoa is 40%, which is not that competitive. However, it is essential for a local as well as an international applicant to secure impressive marks in previous qualifications. It becomes easier for applicants to stay updated on the application deadlines for their coveted courses if they check UniGe's official website. 

The university's two main intakes are September and February. The admission process begins a few months prior to the start of each intake. Applying early is advisable so that no applicant misses out on admission slots. 

Undergraduate Admission to the University of Genoa

The University of Genoa is renowned for offering multiple undergraduate courses for both domestic and international students. It is popular among study-abroad aspirants because it prioritizes maintaining a higher education, research, and innovation standard. Fulfilling the entry requirements is paramount for an undergraduate degree course applicant.

  • Filing for an undergraduate degree program requires an applicant to carry out the process through the official portal of UniGe.

  • Obtaining at least 65% aggregate in previous qualifications is necessary for applicants to secure admission to the University of Genoa.

  • Appearing for a standardized exam such as SAT or ACT is a must. Securing higher scores can help increase applicants' chances of enrollment. 

  • Proving English language proficiency is essential to qualify for a UG course at UniGe. Therefore, an applicant has to obtain a minimum score of 74 in TOEFL or 6.0 in IELTS. The university also accepts at least a score of 37 in PTE.

Below are the essential documents that a UG applicant must upload while submitting the application form online.

  • A photocopy of the passport

  • Passport size pictures

  • Visa

  • Updated CV or Resume

  • Academic transcripts

  • Letter of Recommendation

  • Statement of Purpose

  • Proof of Financial Resources

International students prefer the University of Genoa more than other higher education institutes in Italy because it does not charge any fee for application submission.

Postgraduate Admission to the University of Genoa

The University of Genoa offers postgraduate degree programs in multiple disciplines. Many international graduates choose this university to pursue their coveted master's degree courses to improve their career prospects. Meeting entry requirements is vital to boost the possibilities of getting enrolment to this reputed institute.

  • Applying via the official website of UniGe is a must for PG course applicants.

  • Obtaining a minimum aggregate of 70% in previous examinations is a must for domestic and international students.

  • Appearing for a standardized exam such as GMAT and scoring at least 540 can help applicants secure admission to UniGe.

  • Securing at least 80 in TOEFL or 6.0 in IELTS is essential for applicants to prove their proficiency in the English language.

Postgraduate degree program applicants must submit all required documents while submitting their application forms online.

Eligibility Criteria

  • It is necessary for local and international students who apply for a UG or PG program at UniGe to carry out the application process entirely online through the university's official portal.

  • UG course applicants must secure at least 65% aggregate in previous examinations, and PG applicants must obtain a minimum aggregate of 70%.

  • UG program applicants must take a standardized exam such as ACT or SAT. On the other hand, PG program applicants need to score impressive marks in the GMAT or GRE.

  • Proving English language proficiency is a must for non-native English-speaking applicants. Thus, one must score well in IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE.

  • Submitting all necessary documents online along with the application form is paramount for all applicants.

University of Genoa Popular Programs

  • BA

  • BS

  • BBA

  • MA

  • MS

  • MBA

  • MFin

University of Genoa Accommodation

The University of Genoa consists of multiple resident halls for fresher international students. The halls are located right inside or close to university campuses. The university distributes the residence slots entirely based on first-come-first-served. Those who want to stay off-campus can choose from a wide range of flats and rooms for rent in Genoa.

University of Genoa Cost

The tuition fee at UniGe is calculated based on a student's country of origin and family income. It varies between 150 EUR and 3500 EUR. 

Cost of Living in Genoa

An international student studying and residing in Genoa may have to spend between 700-1200 EUR every month for food and accommodation. 

University of Genoa Scholarships

Italy is the only country in Europe where all accredited universities offer the most scholarship opportunities to international students who secure admission to study in Italy. The University of Genoa provides various scholarships to meritorious students.

  • UniGe Incentives: A student can qualify for the university's incentives based on criteria. One can easily benefit from either partial or total exemptions from university course fees when one qualifies for UniGe incentives. 

  • Erasmus Mundus Scholarships: Qualifying for this scholarship can help students attend one of the main Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees.

  • ALiSEO Scholarships: It is offered to deserving international students to help them make the most of their university experience.

University of Genoa Placement Opportunities

UniGe has robust connections with experts across diverse industries and offers numerous excellent opportunities to graduates. The renowned Italian university helps grads enroll in paid internships or research projects, besides facilitating them to collaborate with leading businesses and organizations. It has an outstanding record of providing placements to its graduates in reputed companies annually. 

Study Abroad
Study in Italy
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants