University of Milano-Bicocca: Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements

Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements

Study Abroad Team 26/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

The University of Milano-Bicocca is a public university offering undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate degrees to students. The university was established to make research the tactical foundation of all institutional activities. The university offers courses in disciplines like Law, Economics, Medicine, Statistics, Psychology, Sociology and others. Its educational offerings are split across various study courses under bachelor’s, master’s, and single-cycle master’s degrees. The university attracts enrollments of around 30,000 annually, among which 5.8% comprise international students. 

  • The university is ranked at the 481st position in QS World University rankings.
  • The university also secured the 65th position in the Young University rankings.
  • Among the Best Global Universities, the University of Milano-Bicocca stands at the 273rd position. 

The University of Milano-Bicocca Highlights

  • The University of Milano-Bicocca has spread across borders and received global recognition. This enhances students' ability to connect with people worldwide and join the university’s global community. 
  • The professors of the university are members of various international research groups. Thus, they are committed to increasing the quality of education imparted to the students. 
  • University students can acquire practical and competitive training due to the university’s focus on innovation. 
  • The university has fully equipped classrooms and computer workstations, with Wi-Fi access over the entire campus. Students can also benefit from the libraries, canteens, residences, and internal transport services. 
  • Students can enjoy certain sports activities since the university has a gymnasium palace, alongside basketball and volleyball courts. 
  • To encourage the cultural growth of students, the university develops various events, activities, and projects. 

University of Milano-Bicocca Admissions 

UG Admission 

  • The candidates must be enrolled in the last year of secondary school or possess a diploma certificate. The students are, therefore, needed to complete 12 years of formal education. 
  • The candidates are required to appear for a TOLC test after registering for the courses on the online portal of the University of Milan. 
  • The candidates must submit the original certificate of their secondary school studies or a valid substitute certificate. 
  • The students will also have to provide a certificate as proof of their qualifying for the compulsory entrance examination. 
  • If the required documents are in a foreign language, they need to be translated into Italian or English language. This has to be done while the candidate registers themselves for application.
  • The candidates are further required to submit a copy of their entry visa and their pre-enrollment forms. These are required to be filled out and duly stamped by the Italian embassy. 

PG Admission

  • The candidates are required to submit their application online on the university's website. To apply for a master’s degree, the candidates must first register at the university's website. Upon this, the applicants will be assigned a username and password. 
  • During the process of registration, the candidates are required to upload their valid ID documents. They should also submit a certificate that proves their English language proficiency. 
  • For international students possessing a foreign degree, they are required to submit a first-level foreign degree certificate. This must be translated if it is in a language besides Italian and English. 
  • A B2 level certification serving as proof of the candidate’s English language proficiency is also required. 
  • After analyzing the applications of the candidates, the board of examiners will reply to the eligible candidates with an eligibility letter. 
  • The results of the applicants will be published on the University website. Thereafter, the students will have to enroll themselves in the courses based on their ranks. 

PhD Admission 

  • Candidates wanting to appear for the PhD admission test are required to register at the university website. 
  • International candidates without citizenship restrictions need to obtain a postgraduate degree. The Selection Board will evaluate students submitting a foreign degree certificate. 
  • The applicants need to sit for an admission test, which assesses the applicants’ aptitude for scientific research. An oral examination follows this. 
  • Qualifying candidates are further necessitated to appear for an interview. 
  • The rankings of eligible candidates will be posted on the Official Register of the University and its website. 
  • Upon selection, the candidates must enroll in the program of their choice on the University website. 

Eligibility Criteria 

Undergraduate Programs

  • Interested candidates are required to acquire a B2-level language proficiency. 
  • The candidates must score either 6.5 in the IELTS or 86 in the TOEFL. They can also submit proof showing an equivalent score on a language proficiency test. 

Postgraduate Programs 

  • For 1st level postgraduate programs, candidates are required to hold a bachelor’s degree. They can also hold a suitable equivalent foreign qualification from a recognized institution. 
  • For a 2nd level postgraduate degree, the candidates must hold a master’s degree or a suitable equivalent foreign qualification. 

Ph.D. Programs

  • Candidates need to acquire an undergraduate or a postgraduate degree from a recognized institution.
  • Students need to qualify for the admission test and the oral examination, which is further followed by an interview. To secure admission at the university for a postgraduate program, the candidates must be able to qualify for all these stages. 

University of Milano-Bicocca Programs 

The University of Milano-Bicocca offers different undergraduate, postgraduate, and research programs to international students aspiring to study in Italy. Some of the popular programs offered by the university are: 

UG Courses 

  • Bachelor’s in Statistical and Economic Sciences 
  • Bachelor’s in Economics, data analysis and management
  • Bachelor’s in Marketing, Business Communication, and Global Market 
  • Bachelor’s in Legal Services 
  • Bachelor’s in Biomedical Laboratory techniques 

PG Courses 

  • Master’s in Medicine and Surgery 
  • Master’s in Law 
  • Master’s in Clinical Psychology 
  • Master’s in Analysis of Social Processes 
  • Master’s in Tourism, Territory and Local Development

University of Milano-Bicocca Accommodation

The university offers accommodation to its students, and these are offered according to the Right to Education principle. Students who meet the criteria can obtain housing at lower prices. Some of the residential options available to the students are: 

  • U12 Building- It has space to accommodate 210 students, with comfortable rooms, study spaces, and automatic laundry facilities. 
  • Sondrio U112- It can accommodate 28 students pursuing a degree in Nursing under the Department of Medicine and Surgery. 

University of Milano-Bicocca Course Fee

The approximate course fees that students have to bear while pursuing higher education at the University of Milano-Bicocca are as follows: 

  • The course fee for an undergraduate program at the University of Milano-Bicocca is 2.9 Lakhs INR
  • The course fee for a graduate program at the University of Milano-Bicocca is 3.7 Lakhs INR

The University of Milano-Bicocca Living Cost

The approximate cost of living in the cities in Italy where the university’s campuses are located are: 

  • Rent- 44465 INR 
  • Travel- 1956 INR
  • Entertainment- 22232 INR
  • Utilities- 18675 INR
  • Food and Drink- 17786 INR

University of Milano-Bicocca Scholarships 

The university offers quite a few scholarships and grants. Some of the scholarships accepted at the university are: 

  • Italian Government Scholarships for Foreign Students- This waivers the tuition fees for students opting for a master’s or PhD degree. 
  • Education Future International Scholarship- This is granted to students opting for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree at the university. It provides partial funding of the programs to the students. 
  • Horowitz Foundation Grants- This is granted to students pursuing a doctoral degree at the university and provides partial funding for the programs.

University of Milano-Bicocca Placements

The university facilitates the creation of an environment that encourages both study and work. This is done to help students cultivate their professional choices while acquiring work experience. The university has produced professionals in law, medicine and surgery, economics, and many others. Some of the most sought-after professions of the graduates from this university and their approximate average salaries are: 

  • Consultant- 444736 INR 
  • Data Analyst- 400263 INR 
  • Financial Markets Specialist- 489210 INR 
  • Lawyer- 373579 INR 
  • Legal Advisor- 435248 INR 
  • Clinical Psychologist- 293526 INR 
  • Dentist- 441356 INR
  • Head Nurse- 364684 INR 

You might also interested in Other Universities for Studying in Italy:

Study Abroad
Study in Italy
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants