Blekinge Institute of Technology:

Admissions, Courses, Scholarships, Accommodations and Placements

Study Abroad Team 26/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

The Blekinge Institute of Technology is a public university in Blekinge, Sweden, which is funded by the state. At any given point in time, the institute offers educational facilities to more than 5,000 students. While many of these students pursue courses on a full-time basis, some are also engaged by the university part-time. The university has close to 300 academic staff members, and more than 150 individuals are employed in the administration department.

While the institution was set up in the year 1989, it was given the status of a university in 1999. The university has gained prominence in the last few years for its focus on sustainable development and information technology. Its courses or programs in areas like health sciences, industrial economics, and spatial planning are also top-rated.

Blekinge Institute of Technology Highlights

Blekinge Institute of Technology has two sprawling campuses, both located in Blekinge. While Campus Gräsvik in Karlskrona was the university's first campus that was set up in 1989, the foundation stone for Campus Karishamn was laid in 2000. There was another campus called the Soft Center, which merged with Campus Gräsvik in 2010.

Campus Gräsvik holds a lot of significance as eight of nine Blekinge Institute of Technology departments can be found here. Campus Karishamn has multiple classrooms, a laboratory, and a library and offers a great view of the sea.

Between 2006 and 2008, the university had a strategic alliance with the University of Kalmar and Växjö University, referred to as the Academy of the Southeast.

Blekinge Institute of Technology is a distinguished member of several reputed associations the European Society of Engineering Education, the European University Association, and the Association of Technical Universities in Scandinavia.

The courses and programs offered by the Blekinge Institute of Technology are designed to cater to the educational needs of students and are driven by research.

The university has consistently worked towards digitalization of education and making it more accessible. Keeping this in mind, the institution provides students with a variety of distance learning programs to choose from.

Since the university regularly researches sustainability, it offers a lot of scope to students interested in this subject.

Blekinge Institute of Technology Admissions

To apply for any of the Blekinge Institute of Technology courses, an international student must visit the university’s official website, www.bth.se. After paying the application fee, the student will have to download the application form, fill it up, and submit it. While filling out the form, the applicant has to make sure that every detail is written down correctly.

While submitting the completed application on time is essential, applicants are also required to put forward official transcripts of their academic qualifications. At the Blekinge Institute of Technology, courses or programs are taught in English to international students. Therefore, an international student is required to appear for one of the English proficiency tests and score well in it.

While reviewing the application of an international student, the administration would want to know whether the student or their family is financially capable of supporting their education and all the other expenses they will have to incur while studying and living in Sweden. A document confirming that the student is financially stable must be submitted to the institution.

Weeks before the student enters the university, their visa should be ready. The student must have a passport that remains valid for six months after completing their course. If they face any issue with procuring a visa, they must resolve it beforehand. A copy of their passport has to be submitted to the university.

Blekinge Institute of Technology Programs

Blekinge Institute of Technology offers students a wide range of courses and programs to choose from. However, just like any other university, some of its courses stand out and are more sought after than the rest.

Blekinge Institute of Technology provides bachelor’s and master’s degrees and Ph.D. programs in Informatics. In the field of Systems and Software Engineering Research, Blekinge Institute of Technology is known to be one of the best. Since a large number of international students apply for these courses, getting a seat in one of the graduate programs is rather difficult. However, if a student comes from a strong academic background and plans everything well, they can get through.

The School of Computing, which is a part of the Blekinge Institute of Technology, comprises 11 professors and several Ph.D. students. Some of the renowned researchers who have been a part of the School of Computing are Nail H. Ibragimov and Claes Wohlin. The university offers a European Master in Software Engineering program in partnership with the Technical University of Madrid, the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, and the University of Kaiserslautern.

Blekinge Institute of Technology has received accolades for carrying out extensive research in the field of Strategic Sustainable Development or SSD and offering well-structured courses in this area for students to choose from. Through these courses, students are guided on how to contribute to sustainable development by following certain methods or practices.

Apart from two Masters's Programs, the university also offers a Ph.D. program in sustainable development. As per a report compiled by the Engineering Education for Sustainable Development Observatory in 2008, the Blekinge Institute of Technology is the best technical university in Sweden to do a course on sustainable development.

The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency or SIDA provided the university with a planning grant, making it easier to explore several elements related to sustainable development.

Blekinge Institute of Technology Accommodations

Blekinge Institute of Technology has no on-campus housing or accommodation facilities for students. The university is not responsible for accommodating international students from different parts of the world.
Suppose an international student plans to get an accommodation facility closer to the university. In that case, they should contact housing companies based in the city by sending them a formal application or e-mail. The university has a student union that helps international students find accommodation facilities in the city.

Looking for a housing facility after arriving in Sweden is also an option international students have. Before they find the right accommodation facility, they can stay in one of the hostels close to the university. While considering a particular accommodation facility to live in, an international student must consider a few important factors, including the amount of money they have to pay as rent every year and the kind of facilities they will get.

Blekinge Institute of Technology Scholarships

While applying for a course at the Blekinge Institute of Technology, international students must also check the scholarships they can apply for. If they get a scholarship, the entire or a part of the tuition fee will be waived.

The BTH Scholarship for Prospective Students is one of the university's most prominent scholarships for international students. Academic performance is one of the major deciding factors here. Many independent agencies, too, allow international students to get scholarships.

Blekinge Institute of Technology Placements

Blekinge Institute of Technology provides students with the requisite guidance and support to get good professional opportunities during the placement season. The university has strong associations with many reputed organizations in Sweden which offer good job opportunities to its students.

Other Universities in Finland that you might be interested are as follows,

Study Abroad
Study in Sweden
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants