Jonkinping University: Admission, Fees, Scholarships and many more

Study Abroad Team 26/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

While discussing Sweden's best private educational institutions, one cannot help but mention Jonkinping University. Established in 1977, the university has provided quality education to domestic and international students for more than four decades. The university encompasses a huge area and offers educational opportunities to more than 10,000 students at any given time.  

Because of its strong association with business organizations and other outfits, seats in this institution are highly sought by students concerned about getting good professional opportunities after completing their course or program. Owing to its research facilities and new-age courses, the university is hugely popular among those who wish to embark upon a career in entrepreneurship.

Jonkinping University Highlights

With more than 2,000 international students from different countries, Jonkinping University has one of the highest acceptance rates in Sweden. According to the US News and World Report 202 Rankings, the university's Social Sciences and Public Health program ranks 480 worldwide.

The Swedish National Agency for Higher Education Report ranks the Business and Economics course designed for bachelor's students at #1. The university campus is located in Jönköping's city center in Smaland, Sweden. While studying in this part of the city, the students can be sure about getting access to everything they need to get by on a day-to-day basis.

Jonkinping University has a long-term agreement drawn up with the Government of Sweden and strictly follows the regulations and guidelines drawn out for providing national degrees.  In the year 2013, a dedicated sports centre for the university, named Campus Arena, was inaugurated. On Campus Arena, students get the opportunity to participate in or practice a sport of their choice. Jonkinping International Business School, the university's business faculty, received EQUIS and AACSB accreditation in 2015. 

Jonkinping University Admissions

To apply for a course or program offered by Jonkinping University, an international student has to follow a few simple steps. They have to visit the official university online portal, pay the application fee of 900 SEK, and submit all the documents that the university needs them to submit. 

Apart from the completed application, the applicant must submit official college or high school transcripts. For an international student, appearing for an English language proficiency test is compulsory. If an applicant appears for an IELTS test, they are required to score a minimum of 6.5. a minimum score of 62 and 90 is required for PTE and TOEFL IBT, respectively. 

The applicant has to submit a document that confirms that they or their family is financially strong enough to pay for their education and living expenses while studying at Jonkinping University. They will also be required to submit a copy of their passport. Certain requirements that are specific to the course they have applied for have to be fulfilled as well.

  Jonkinping University Programs

Under Jonkinping University, four different institutions operate. These are the Jonkinping International Business School, School of Engineering, School of Education and Communication, and School of Health and Welfare. In these institutions, students get a wide variety of courses or bachelor's, master's, and Ph.D. programs to choose from. 

Some of the most sought-after courses offered by Jonkinping University are in areas like Informatics, Business Administration, Mass Communication, Product Systems, and Development and Education. International Economics, International Management, and International Corporate Tax Law.

Jonkinping University Accommodations

Jonkinping University does not provide students with any on-campus accommodation facility. However, the university has tie-ups with several housing companies and independent house owners and helps students find accommodation after arriving in Sweden. 

While submitting their application forms, international students must make their interest in getting an accommodation facility closer to the university clear. It might be a bit late if they seek the university's help after arriving in Sweden.

The administrative team at Jonkinping University will help students find the right accommodation facility near the university. The students must be clear about their expectations and give the administration department all the relevant information related to their budget and the type of facilities or amenities they are looking for. 

The residential units, which the university has tied up with, will provide students access to all modern facilities. Apart from getting access to a kitchen, bathroom bed and wardrobe, water, and internet connection, a student will also get to use a laundry room.

Jonkinping University Cost

The amount of money an international student would be spending while studying at Jonkinping University depends on multiple factors, including the course they opt for, the accommodation facilities they sign up for, and the living expenses they incur. 

While the tuition fee for doing a bachelor's course at the Jonkinping International Business School is 1 00, 000 SEK, one must pay 1 20 000 SEK for a master's course. Doing a bachelor's course in the School of Education and Communication costs 1, 00, 000 SEK. Undergoing a master's course in the same institution costs 1,17,000EK.

At the School of Engineering, the course fee for doing a bachelor's course is 1 30, 000 SEK. To do a master's course at the same institution, a student has to pay 1 40 000 SEK. If an international student plans to enrol at the School of Health and Welfare, they should be ready to pay 1 60 000 SEK. For doing a master's course, a student has to pay 1 1,17,000EK. 

When a student takes up a master's program in materials and manufacturing, they have to pay SEK 100 000 as the tuition fee. Doing a Higher Education Diploma at Jonkinping University costs SEK 130,000. A master's program in occupational therapy is priced at SEK 1,17,000. Getting a master's degree in Product Development costs SEK 140,000.

Jonkinping University Scholarships

Jonkinping University does not offer any scholarships to international students on its own accord. However, it helps them apply for scholarships institutionalized by the Swedish government. 

Many international students have been able to fund their education at Jonkinping University through scholarships offered by the government. To get elaborate information about the scholarships offered by the government-backed institutions, an international student can get in touch with the administrative team and get the requisite information. 

Students can apply for scholarships offered by the Swedish Institute. Overall, the Swedish Institute provides a total of 500 scholarships to international students studying in Sweden.  International students can also apply for scholarships offered by institutions based in their home country. 

Jonkinping University Placements

Jonkinping University has partnered with more than 300 universities and 800 companies to ensure that its students get good exposure to the professional world and manage to secure solid placement opportunities for themselves. 

One of the major services the university provides is career guidance. Apart from the faculty members, leading professionals from different fields counsel students on their careers and resolve queries related to their professional journey. Before appearing for job interviews, students can expect to be groomed and trained by the university. 

Jonkinping University has tie-ups with some of the leading companies and organizations in Sweden and is known for offering good placement opportunities to both domestic and international students. 

Other Universities in Finland that you might be interested are as follows,

Study Abroad
Study in Sweden
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants