Linkoping University: Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements

Study Abroad Team 26/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

One of Sweden's most reputed public research universities is Linkoping University. Current students, alumni, teaching faculty, and everyone associated with this prestigious higher education regard it as LiU. In 1975, Sweden's most prominent academic institution was granted full university status. A particular faculty of this university consists of 12 prominent departments.

International students from more than 60 countries pursue undergraduate and postgraduate programs at this renowned Swedish institution. It has been crucial for years to ensure that students receive the best education. Therefore, Linkoping University provides all modern facilities that contribute to students' academics.

Currently, LiU is one of the top 30 young universities in the world on the QS Top 50 under 50 list. It has ranked 302nd on the latest QS Global World Ranking list. Times Higher Education ranked Linkoping University 251st out of 1600 institutes worldwide. LiU enjoys an excellent reputation globally for doing everything possible to ensure every student has a better future. The Swedish Higher Education Authority, UKA has accredited Linkoping University.

Linkoping University Highlights

Linkoping University offers more than 30 international programs entirely taught in English. It is among the best universities in the world regarding some specific subjects, including electrical engineering, computer science, medicine, and sociology.

Graduates from Linkoping University find employment within a few months after graduating. In a recent survey, nearly 90% of LiU graduates enter Sweden's employment market within eighteen months post-graduation.

Linkoping University is well-recognized across the world for its exceptional research activities. The strength of this Swedish higher education institution is its substantial expertise in information technology, materials science, and disability studies. LiU was the first university in Sweden that started problem-oriented learning and interdisciplinary research.

Linkoping University offers its UG and PG courses through its four main faculties: Educational Sciences, Arts and Sciences, the Institute of Technology and Medicine, and Health Sciences.

LiU takes commendable initiatives time and again to create and boost engagement with the general public and local business community. This esteemed Swedish institute receives funding from the government to conduct research in five major fields. 

Linkoping University Admission

Linkoping University is home to around 36,000 students, consisting of domestic and international students. Only 10% of the total student population of LiU consists of students from India and several other countries.

Aside from admitting students to part-time and full-time undergraduate and postgraduate programs, Linkoping University also offers distance courses. Applicants must visit the university website to understand the application process much better and learn about the deadline. The acceptance rate of LiU is 40-45%, which makes this institute pretty much selective.

Undergraduate Admission to Linkoping University

Linkoping University offers multiple undergraduate degree programs that many domestic and international students pursue. Meeting the entry requirements is imperative for every interested UG program applicant. It is advisable to check the Linkoping University website properly to better understand the admission requirements for a particular UG program.

  • Applicants need to submit the online application form through the official portal of Linkoping University.
  • Submission of official academic transcripts is a must.
  • An interested UG course applicant must complete the 12th grade and hold the pass certificate or equivalent.
  • Scoring at least 6.5 in IELTS or 90 in TOEFL iBT is essential for candidates to prove their proficiency in the English language. 
  • Applying to a desired UG program within the intake window is indispensable for interested applicants.

Here are some crucial documents that UG course applicants must upload when submitting the application form online.

  •  A passport copy
  • Passport pictures
  • Identity proof
  • A copy of the student visa 
  • Academic transcripts
  • Updated CV
  • A letter of recommendation
  • A statement of purpose
  • Financial statement

Applicants must pay 900 SEK when applying to a UG degree course online via the application portal.

Postgraduate Admission to Linkoping University

Linkoping University offers more master's degree programs than bachelor's courses, so many international students choose it to pursue their desired PG courses. Fulfilling the entry requirements is indispensable for interested PG course applicants. Checking the university website beforehand can help candidates have a clear idea about the application deadline.

  • PG program applicants must file their applications for coveted programs via the official application portal of the university.
  • Securing above 65% of aggregate marks in a relevant bachelor's degree program is essential for interested PG course applicants.
  • Establishing English language proficiency is necessary for non-native English-speaking applicants. So, scoring at least 6.5 in IELTS or 90 in TOEFL is necessary.
  • Submitting all requisite documents along with the application form online is essential.
  • 900 SEK is the amount a PG program applicant has to pay as the application fee.

Eligibility Criteria

  • Every UG and PG course applicant must apply online for admission through the national central portal.
  • Obtaining at least 70% of aggregate marks in the 12th standard final examination or equivalent is necessary for those applying to an undergraduate degree program.
  • Securing 60% of aggregate marks is necessary for applicants who want to enroll in a PG program at this reputed Swedish university.
  • Applicants who are not from an English-speaking country must establish their proficiency in the English language. Thus, scoring at least or above 6.5 in IELTS or 90 in TOEFL is paramount.
  • The submission of all significant documents when applying online for a bachelor's degree or master's degree program is essential for all candidates.

Linkoping University's Top Programs

Linkoping University offers UG and PG programs in diverse fields, which include humanities, arts, management, business, engineering, medicine, social science, education, and environment. Here are some sought-after programs.

  • Bachelor of Science in Experimental and Industrial Biomedicine
  • Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
  • Master of Science in Aeronautical Engineering
  • MSc in Computer Science
  • Master of Arts

Linkoping University Accommodation

Linkoping University's international office is instrumental in offering comprehensive assistance to its students in finding suitable housing options. Many international students opt for off-campus accommodation to enjoy more independence while staying and studying in Sweden.

Linkoping University Cost

Despite being a public research university, the cost to international students to pursue a UG or PG program at LiU is pretty high. A bachelor's degree course costs around 4,40,00 SEK, and the cost of most master's degree programs is anywhere between 80,000 and 2,51,000 SEK.

Cost of Living in Linkoping

International students who reside in Linkoping and study at Linkoping University must spend 8,000-11,500 SEK monthly for accommodation, food, and travel.

Linkoping University Scholarships

Linkoping University offers scholarships to students who are from India and other nations. The scholarships either cover the entire tuition fee or a specific part of the fee. Applicants need to prove their merit to become eligible for scholarships.

  • The LiU International Scholarship
  • ASID Foundation Legacy Scholarship
  • Axol Science Scholarship

Linkoping University Placements

Linkoping University maintains a strong relationship with multiple organizations and businesses across sectors to help improve graduate students' employment opportunities. LiU graduates get jobs at globally reputed companies and receive handsome remuneration packages. Financial service professionals make the most money, as their annual salary ranges from 22, 22,800 to 1, 90, 510 SEK.

Other Universities in Finland that you might be interested are as follows,

Study Abroad
Study in Sweden
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants