Lund University:

Courses, Fees, Admission, Scholarship and Placements

Study Abroad Team 26/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Unparallel academic excellence, diverse research opportunities, and placement opportunities make Lund University one of the most prestigious Sweden universities. Lund University has been ranked #85 in the world by the QS World University Rankings in 2024. Additionally, US News rated the university #112th out of all universities worldwide in 2023.

The university offers more than 2,300 individual courses and 270 degree programs for the students aspiring to study in Sweden. Aspirants can select from different streams like Fine & Performing Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Law, Medicine, Economics & Management, etc. 

Scholars who want to pursue an educational course at Lund University can read this post to get familiar with details like eligibility criteria, courses offered, costs, and admission procedure. Lund University has a comprehensive range of international Master's degree courses in English. Pupils can enroll in courses like Biotechnology, Human Rights Law, and International Marketing to kickstart their professional journey with academic excellence.

Lund University Highlights 

As one of the esteemed Sweden universities for international students, Lund University offers various accommodation amenities. It's within driving distance of popular European hotspots such as Norway, Copenhagen, Germany, and Stockholm. The following are the key highlights of this university:

  • Lund University houses advanced research environments, such as Europe's two largest multidisciplinary research facilities – the European Spallation Source (ESS) and MAX IV.

  • The university admits approximately 44,000 students.

  • It offers various international degree programs and doctoral studies.

  • The university comprises advanced research studies, enabling solid collaborative research.

  • The university offers local sports facilities in Lund, Helsingborg, and Malmö.

  • Student services offered at this university include international desks, study advice by faculties, disability support solutions, healthcare support, IT services, and more.

  • Lund University was discovered in the year 1666

  • International students can select from 10 bachelor's degrees. 

  • The university offers around 132 master's degree programs.

  • Lund University is one of the most renowned universities positioned among the top 300 universities worldwide.

  • Notable alumni of the university include Carl Linnaeus (who is recognized as the modern taxonomy in recent days)

  • The university welcomes students to contact the chaplaincy for support and advice. 

Lund University Admissions 

Attending a course at Lund University is straightforward. A scholar who does not want to pursue education at universities in the US can grab an opportunity to attend classes at this university. Scholars first need to check their eligibility criteria before preparing for admission.

The aspirant must fill out the application on the university portal with accurate and updated information. Here's a compiled list of UG, PG, and PhD admission processes at this institute:

UG Admission

Aspirants who want to fill out the application process for the undergraduate courses need to submit documents such as senior secondary examination mark sheet, English language proficiency proof (TOEFL of above 90 or IELTS of above 6.5), academic records, letter of recommendation, photocopy of the passport, ID proof, personal statement, and application fee.

International students must submit additional documents like visas, English language requirements, and other required documents. There are different program-oriented needs that a student should fulfill for admission to the university.

PG Admissions

Students aspiring to study in Sweden wishing to secure a seat at Lund University for postgraduate courses must submit their application form. They must attach relevant documents like the bachelor's degree certificate, IELTS or TOEFL marks, transcripts of academic records, statement of purpose, a CV or resume, photocopy of ID proof or passport, application fee receipt, and letter of recommendation.

Doctoral Admissions

Lund University provides doctoral education in nine faculties. One can apply directly to the faculty or department while advertising the doctoral position. A student has to complete courses of 240 credits, out of which 60 credits should be for the Master's level or must have equivalent knowledge. Scholars must hold a Master's or Bachelor's degree, with the major in that subject as intended for the postgraduate study.

Eligibility Criteria

Here's presenting the entry requirements to pursue education at this university:

  • Must have their senior secondary education mark sheet

  • Proficiency in English (through TOEFL or IELTS marks)

  • Other country-specific requirements

Lund University Programs

There are specified document requirements that may vary based on the department and program selected by the candidate. So, the aspirant needs to refer to the official portal of Lund University or contact the office for updated information. The following are the programs offered by this university:

  • BSc in International Business

  • MSc in Information Systems

  • Master in Production and Materials Engineering

  • Master of Medical Science in Biomedicine

  • MSc in Economics 

  • MSc in Development Studies

  • MSc in Embedded Electronics Engineering

  • MFA in Industrial Design

  • MSc in Finance

  • Masters in Sustainable Energy Engineering

  • Bachelor in International Business 

  • MSc in Supply Chain Management 

  • MSc in Machine Learning

  • MSc Food Technology and Nutrition

  • MSc in Global Studies

  • MSc in Biotechnology

  • MSc in Brand Management

  • MSc in Information Systems

  • MSc in Architecture

  • BSc in Development Studies

  • MSc in Management 

  • MSc in Physics

Lund University Accommodations

Lund University offers accommodations for international scholars studying in Sweden. It manages limited flats and rooms in Lund, Malmö, and Helsingborg. Non-EEA/EU students get a housing guarantee, but they must be admitted to full-time education at 30 ECTS and pay the university's tuition fees. Students who get the Linnaeus-Palme scholarship also get accommodation services from the institute.

Lund University Cost 

Aspirants who wish to gain admittance to Lund University need to be aware of the cost involved in the international academic pursuit. The application fee for the university is approximately EUR 90. The annual cost of a degree from this university is between INR 4.5 and INR 10 lakhs. 

Cost of Course 

Here is the estimated cost of some courses at Lund University:

  • MSc in Architecture: INR 9.7 lakh per year

  • MSc in Biotechnology: INR 6.7 lakh per year

  • MSc in International Marketing & Brand Management: INR 10.7 lakh per year

  • MSc Food Technology and Nutrition: INR 6.7 lakh per year

  • MSc in Global Studies: INR 4.9 lakh per year

Cost of Living

The average cost of living in Lund University is:

  • Accommodation: SEK 4 000 to SEK 6 500

  • Food: SEK 3 000

  • Course fee: SEK 400 to SEK 1 000

  • Miscellaneous costs (including mobile phone, clothing, and more): SEK 1 500

Lund University Scholarships

Lund University Global Scholarship offers SEK 20 million awarded to selective candidates. It's a merit-based scholarship that recognizes top academic scholars from outside the EU/EEA. To apply for this scholarship, a student should be a citizen of a nation outside the EU/EEA (including Switzerland) and must pay the tuition fees. One should complete the regular Master's or Bachelor's application round. 

African Research Universities Alliance Scholarship is for African students pursuing research-oriented studies at this academic institute. It offers financial support to prospective scholars with demonstrated academic excellence at one of the member ARUA universities. 

Lund University Placements 

Lund University students can register with its career portal, popularly known as Career Hub. The portal offers placement opportunities and internships occurring in Sweden and Europe. The university provides extensive support for candidates who want to embark on an entrepreneurship career. One who secures excellent grades in their university degree can get a chance to work as:

  • Biotechnologist: A minimum of INR 12 lakh

Study Abroad
Study in Sweden
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants