Mid Sweden University:

Admissions, Courses, Scholarships, Accommodations and Placements

Study Abroad Team 26/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Established in 1993, the Mid Sweden University is a reputed state university located in central Sweden. The university has two prominent campuses based in Sundsvall and Östersund. In 2016, the university's third campus was set up in the city of Härnösand. The university offers a variety of post-graduate, graduate, and research programs, all of which are structured very well.

The university, apart from offering on-campus education, also facilitates distance learning. At any given point in time, the university imparts education to more than 13,000 students. While 60% of the total students registered with the university study at the campus, the rest take classes remotely or online.

Mid Sweden University Highlights

  • The Mid Sweden University is primarily divided into two parts, Campus Sundsvall and Campus Östersund. As most people would know, Sundsvall is one of the largest and most bustling cities in North Sweden. At the Sundsvall campus, technology, natural science, media, and social science emerge as the key areas or subjects focused on.
  • Mälthuset serves as the roundhouse on the Sundsvall campus and provides access to several key areas like the library, restaurant, and reception. While many lecture halls are on campus, Fälldinsalen is the biggest one.
  • The student union office provides students with information on all the essential activities and events taking place on campus.
  • The student association enables students to participate in sporting activities and the plethora of cultural events organized throughout the year.
  • The campus at Östersund is located 180 kilometers away from Sundsvall. With close to 60,000 as a part of it, the city is widely known as a winter city.
  • The Östersund campus focuses primarily on subjects like natural sciences, social sciences, social work, and technology.
  • The city's natural surroundings enable students to participate in activities like fishing, skiing, trekking, ice-climbing, and in-line skating.
  • The city's numerous recreational activities and entertainment options ensure that students never feel isolated.
  • Apart from lecture halls, the Östersund campus has well-maintained libraries, lecture halls, and restaurants.
  • While the student's union office at the Östersund campus works towards resolving students' queries, the sports association, named "ÖSIS," has been designed to promote sports.

Mid Sweden University Admissions

  • The national online application service is responsible for accepting applications for admission to Mid Sweden University. Along with the application, the students must submit the supporting documents via universityadmissions.se. If international students apply during the spring season, they should remember that the deadline is 15 October.
  • If the applicant happens to be a citizen of Sweden, they will not have to pay any application fee. However, an international student must pay 900 SEK as an application fee. The applicant, along with the completed application form, must submit official transcripts containing details of their educational background.

Mid Sweden University Eligibility Criteria

  • Since international students are taught in English at the university, having a good command of the language is a must. Before applying, an individual must appear for an English proficiency test and get a good score.
  • Along with diplomas and certificates of courses done in the past, the student has to submit a letter stating that they are interested in a particular course or area of study. They must also submit a CV, thesis, and project portfolio. If somebody has work experience, it will be an advantage for them.

Mid Sweden University Programs

  • Mid Sweden University has three different faculties: the Faculty of Human Sciences, the Faculty of Educational Sciences, and the Faculty of Science, Technology, and Media. The Faculty of Human Sciences is divided into five departments: the Department of Humanities, the Department of Social Sciences, the Department of Social Work, the Department of Health Sciences, and the Department of Economics, Geography, Law, and Tourism.
  • The Faculty of Science, Technology, and Media is divided into three departments: the Department of Information Technology and Media, the Department of Natural Sciences, and the Department of Engineering, Physics, and Mathematics. The Faculty of Educational Sciences has just one department, the Department of Education.
  • Since the university supports distance learning, students can apply for the several online courses. Getting admission to an online or distance learning course provided by the Mid Sweden University is much easier than getting a seat for an on-campus course.

Mid Sweden University Accommodations

  • Mid Sweden University does not have a dedicated accommodation facility for students. The university, however, has a strong association with several student housing companies in the city. There are several areas in Östersund and Sundsvall where students would be able to find accommodation facilities for themselves quickly. Once a student gets the acceptance letter, they should apply for a housing or accommodation facility immediately.
  • The housing companies offer students a variety of accommodation options to choose from. Apart from dormitory rooms, they can expect to live in one-bedroom apartments, cottage apartments, or a room in shared apartments. Based on the type of accommodation a student opts for, they will have to pay anywhere between 2000 and 4000 SEK a month.

Mid Sweden University Cost

  • Before applying for a course at the Mid Sweden University, an international student has to consider several expenses they will incur while going about their life as a student in Sweden. While doing a bachelor's course at the university, a student would have to pay a little over SEK 300, 000 as their tuition fee. The cost of doing a master's course is around SEK 125 000.
  • If an international student opts for a business administration, marketing, or management course, they will have to pay around SEK 81, 200. For a sports science course, they would have to SEK 89, 000 as the tuition fee.
  • While food expenses will be around SEK 2,000, the amount of money they will be spending on accommodation will be around SEK 4,000. For traveling around, they should keep aside SEK 550. Telephone and internet bills would roughly amount to SEK 300.

Mid Sweden University Scholarships

  • Two significant scholarships an international student studying at the Mid Sweden University can apply for are the Swedish Institute Scholarship and Tuition Fee Scholarship. Several organizations and foundations in Sweden offer lucrative scholarships to international students.
  • Apart from academic achievements, an international student's study intent is considered while considering them for a scholarship.
  • The scholarships cover the entire tuition fee of the student or a part of it. They do not cover the living expenses, travel, and other expenses that a student must incur.
  • The Tuition fee scholarship is designed for courses or programs like a Master's Program in Business Administration, an International Master's Program in Computer Engineering, Marketing and Management, a Master's Program in Ecotechnology and Sustainable Development, and a Master by Research Program excluding Human Sciences.

Mid Sweden University Placements

  • Mid Sweden University has an External Relations Department which works towards building a connection with the students and the job market. The department helps students get internship opportunities while they are studying.
  • After they complete their course, the department guides them in cracking the job interviews during the placement season. Some of the organizations with which the university has very strong connections are IBM, BBC, Ericsson, Huawei, ABB, Google, Siemens, and Intel.

Other Universities in Finland that you might be interested are as follows,

Study Abroad
Study in Sweden
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants